The Official Florida State University Seminoles Thread

Phire

• 4 weeks later...

Liked all the transfers so far, but thought it might have been better to wait and see who else enters the portal at RB.

Guess the staff really liked Trey Benson. Hope he has fully recovered from his injury.

Edited by ngo1125

20 hours ago, ngo1125 said:

Liked all the transfers so far, but thought it might have been better to wait and see who else enters the portal at RB.

Guess the staff really liked Trey Benson. Hope he has fully recovered from his injury.

Yeah, that one was a bit of a headscratcher for me as well.  There will be another wave of transfers after spring ball and I thought saving the scolly for then would be smart.  Oh well.  Hope I'm wrong and Norvell and Co hit on this kid.

• 9 months later...
On 11/16/2022 at 4:49 PM, Tetsujin said:

We might be losing a bunch of key players after this season. Let’s see if we can make more magic with the transfer portal.

I know it's unlikely, but I'm really hoping Verse sticks around one more year to prove what he can do when healthy.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Definitely the most promising team going into 2023 in recent memory. Are we really losing anyone of note?

Jared Verse.

A great season overall. Wish we had just held on against NC State, but a huge jump up this season. Anything less than 11-1 next season would be a big letdown honestly.

47 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Jared Verse.

A great season overall. Wish we had just held on against NC State, but a huge jump up this season. Anything less than 11-1 next season would be a big letdown honestly.

Agreed that there absolutely is that type of potential. Travis has to be among the Heisman front runners. 

Losing Verse, I’m a little concerned about the defense. This is the time to take the state of Florida. We’ve been forced into being creative to achieve success. It’d be nice to get bluechip prospects for a change. The potential is there. 

40 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Agreed that there absolutely is that type of potential. Travis has to be among the Heisman front runners. 

Losing Verse, I’m a little concerned about the defense. This is the time to take the state of Florida. We’ve been forced into being creative to achieve success. It’d be nice to get bluechip prospects for a change. The potential is there. 

Not sure FSU has the financial backers in the NIL game to actually compete for the top 10 overall recruits anymore.  Game is completely changed in that regard.  Look at Miami.  Their on-field product was embarrassing this year, but because they have a billionaire throwing 7 figure deals all over the place, they have a terrific recruiting class.  

But while all the big dogs are zigging into spending huge amounts in recruiting, Norvell is zagging into getting impact players through the portal.  He's done this better than anyone the past 2 years and the results this year show it.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Not sure FSU has the financial backers in the NIL game to actually compete for the top 10 overall recruits anymore.  Game is completely changed in that regard.  Look at Miami.  Their on-field product was embarrassing this year, but because they have a billionaire throwing 7 figure deals all over the place, they have a terrific recruiting class.  

But while all the big dogs are zigging into spending huge amounts in recruiting, Norvell is zagging into getting impact players through the portal.  He's done this better than anyone the past 2 years and the results this year show it.  

It's definitely changing the recruiting game, probably for the worse overall. 

Testament to the job Norvell has done, really. I figured he'd be a good one after watching him at Memphis. Guy is a hell of a recruiter. Good luck hopefully retaking the ACC next year guys!