2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

I don't know much about kemba beyond willing that uconn team to glory but I do know that if a man who can spend all that time in Charlotte, he's a man of strong character and values. I think we would have won won it all this year if we could have traded Kyrie for Kemba 

Lmao. Kemba Walker is the poor man's Kyrie Irving.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Lmao. Kemba Walker is the poor man's Kyrie Irving.

True, it was Kyrie that lead the Celtics to the ECF or single handedly willed a team to a national championship. Get outta here boy, we ain't even entertaining the discussion of mental dwarves, we talkin bout dudes that want to win. 

10 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

True, it was Kyrie that lead the Celtics to the ECF or single handedly willed a team to a national championship. Get outta here boy, we ain't even entertaining the discussion of mental dwarves, we talkin bout dudes that want to win. 

has kemba even made the playoffs in the nba?

also didn't shabazz napier lead uconn to the NC also? 

14 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Yeah Kemba walker nba winner 

Happy for Kemba. He's a good dude, deserved a payday and now gets to play with a MUCH better organization. I don't think the difference between him and Kyrie is all that big. Good move for Boston.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Happy for Kemba. He's a good dude, deserved a payday and now gets to play with a MUCH better organization. I don't think the difference between him and Kyrie is all that big. Good move for Boston.

honestly I think the biggest difference is defense. kyrie is capable of switching and competing when he needs to. kemba is so small, he's gonna be like IT.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

This everyone is against the Lakers shtick is so laughable my guy 

That was clearly a tongue-in-cheek comment.  Next time I'll put it in green font for you.  And it's not everyone, it's just Woj.  He's great at breaking news, but in terms of speculations and rumors he's about as clueless as it gets.  In particular with the Lakers.  He has no contacts with LeBron or the Lakers.

Kemba Walker is a good player, but he's clearly a downgrade to Kyrie Irving.  Honestly, I'm kind of surprised by this move by the Celtics.  Why use a max on Walker of all players?  They don't need a player like Walker or Irving.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

what's brooklyn gotta do w/ wiggins and batum?

Minnesota's over the cap, so they'd need to either clear the cap space or make it a S&T with Brooklyn.  I don't think anyone is going to take on Wiggins without some sort of asset attached.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Kemba Walker is a good player, but he's clearly a downgrade to Kyrie Irving.  Honestly, I'm kind of surprised by this move by the Celtics.  Why use a max on Walker of all players?  They don't need a player like Walker or Irving.

I mean, I haven't look at their cap situation, but didn't they essentially turn Kyrie Irving, Terry Rozier, and Al Horford into Kemba Walker?