2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

8 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

it'd be a perfect spot for him to take the 30 shots a game he thinks he deserves 

let us not confuse this for me disliking terry, i think he's a good player and will do well in his next spot but i do think he and kyrie were the two biggest issues on this past celtics team 

3 minutes ago, champ11 said:

People like crossovers 

I guess SO. I really am not understanding. Sure, he has games of competency and his numbers are pretty over the course of a year but feels like they come at the expense of everyone else on the frickin team. Ya'll think what ya need to, Celtics will be a much better team next year than wherever Kyrie is (barring him being a 2-3 option like he was in Cleveland)

9 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Horford to the Pels would be great, but anything over 3 years it too much. I hope they don't overpay. Let someone else give him 4 years.

Agreed. Hard to see us having the best deal on the table unless it’s a bad one

41 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

My mind is blown that Kyrie is STILL getting any love. We have now seen Kyrie fail twice to be a #1 option, we've seen him demand a trade, and then we've seen him pout his way out of another. Ya'll WILD 

i guess the problem is you're upping a guy who has won 3 playoff games in 8 years

I would certainly call that failing as a #1 option

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Less talented supporting cast, but maybe that's not a bad thing.  Less guys who will complain and cry about not getting their way.

Also, probably a better head coach as well.

:P

Yeah the pieces just didn’t fit in Boston. And all of the Nets players will willingly defer to him.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

i guess the problem is you're upping a guy who has won 3 playoff games in 8 years

I would certainly call that failing as a #1 option

sure, but at least he lead a team to the playoffs. i also never said kemba was a true #1 like kyrie is for whatever reason treated as 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah the pieces just didn’t fit in Boston. And all of the Nets players will willingly defer to him.

Not to mention the Nets have a coach who actually knows what he is doing. He wont force guys into the lineup like Stevens did. People blame Kyrie for the Celtics struggles but how about Stevens doing things like forcing Heyward into the starting lineup playing heavy minutes while he wasnt playing well. Atkinson wasnt making those same mistakes last season. If Dinwiddie was playing well guess who was coming off the bench? D'Lo. When D'Lo was playing well and Dinwiddie wasnt, guess who was coming off the bench? Dinwiddie. Heck Atkinson was rolling with Harris when he was on at times over D'Lo and Dinwiddie. Atkinson wasnt playing a guy just because. The Nets are a team and the Celtics are just a group of household names that were high draft picks and has potential. Thats why the Celtics underachieved last season with a star in Kyrie and all that talent and the Nets overachieved with no stars and no household names. Now the Nets get a star (the same star the Celtics had) and possibly another star, LeVert is going to continue to show why he was the Nets best player last season and not D'Lo and the Nets are going have a strong chance to be better than the Celtics not just this season but for many years to come and then the narrative will be maybe it really wasnt Kyrie after all as the reason the Celtics didnt live up to expectations in the 2018-2019 season. Some already know that but most dont.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Not to mention the Nets have a coach who actually knows what he is doing. He wont force guys into the lineup like Stevens did. People blame Kyrie for the Celtics struggles but how about Stevens doing things like forcing Heyward into the starting lineup playing heavy minutes while he wasnt playing well. Atkinson wasnt making those same mistakes last season. If Dinwiddie was playing well guess who was coming off the bench? D'Lo. When D'Lo was playing well and Dinwiddie wasnt, guess who was coming off the bench? Dinwiddie. Heck Atkinson was rolling with Harris when he was on at times over D'Lo and Dinwiddie. Atkinson wasnt playing a guy just because. The Nets are a team and the Celtics are just a group of household names that were high draft picks and has potential. Thats why the Celtics underachieved last season with a star in Kyrie and all that talent and the Nets overachieved with no stars and no household names. Now the Nets get a star (the same star the Celtics had) and possibly another star, LeVert is going to continue to show why he was the Nets best player last season and not D'Lo and the Nets are going have a strong chance to be better than the Celtics not just this season but for many years to come and then the narrative will be maybe it really wasnt Kyrie after all as the reason the Celtics didnt live up to expectations in the 2018-2019 season. Some already know that but most dont.  

I legitimately lol'd. True dude, this was the year that really showed us Stevens' true colors as a guy who has no idea what he's doing. We won't look at all of those years that Stevens overachieved. Let's not look at how the Celtics floor numbers were better without Kyrie and went 12-2 without him or something. 

• Like 1