2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

7 hours ago, dtait93 said:

😂😂 bet you wouldn’t have attached snake-like adjectives to him if these rumors broke and he stayed. Never change GS fans lmao 

I could care less, he’s not even playing this year. Rather him be in the East so we can stomp him.

2 hours ago, champ11 said:

Knicks need to be relegated 

Does JJ have any semi-intelligent-looking progeny or is the best hope of Knicks fans that the Earth opens up and swallows the whole family so that the team is put up for auction?

19 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I want to see Clippers sign Kawhi and Morris

I do too, but I'm getting a stronger and stronger feeling that our pursuit of Kawhi gets pushed off two years and we try to set up to make a run at him and Giannis (and go full Kali Ma on Beekay) in 2021.

I would stay in Toronto if I was Kawhi.  If I left, I would go to the Clippers.  I think winning a championship for the Clippers would be more significant than winning one for the Lakers.  But I guess it's hard to pass up being the man for a franchise like the Lakers once LeBron is out of the picture in a few years.

41 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Probably more like Clippers fans don't exist and Canadians are too polite to flood people's timelines with their panicky mindless tweets about Kawhi.

The funny thing is, the few of us that do exist are more real than 90% of the Lakers fanbase.  Y'all are worse than Cowboys fans.

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:
49 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Probably more like Clippers fans don't exist and Canadians are too polite to flood people's timelines with their panicky mindless tweets about Kawhi.

The funny thing is, the few of us that do exist are more real than 90% of the Lakers fanbase.  Y'all are worse than Cowboys fans.

"the funny thing is"

1nhqil.jpg

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

you don't hold an announcement for minor details

or some times even major details ala jimmy butler trade lol

Maybe the real reason for the delay is Kawhi doesn’t want to break Raptors’ fans hearts on Canada day?

I’m finally into the slightly concerned stage. I think if this was someone else I’d be in full blown panic right now but tbh I think this is just educated guessing. I don’t think anyone has a real legit source into Kawhi’s camp and the 2-3 guys that might have some-what of a connection are they only ones that aren’t saying Lakers is done or at least alluding to him going to the Lakers. 

The only thing I am positive on right now is that this WONT happen tonight. It’s gonna drag on he’s obviously not in any hurry right now he’s gonna meet with whoever he’s gonna meet with and probably take some time and not commit to anything right away. Tomorrow at this time is my best guess for earliest end to the saga. 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Imagine taking a joke that hard.

Imagine being a fan base who has to endure, for 30-plus years, jokes coming from people that can't even name members of Lakers championship teams other than the superstars but who want to diminish the fanhood of others because it gives them some perceived sense of superiority.  It gets old... fast.

I legitimately had a guy in a Lebron 23 jersey a couple weeks ago try to dog me for wearing a Clippers hat and then tried to make fun of me, not because I told him he probably doesn't even remember Doug Christie playing for the Lakers, but instead that, so he was adamant, "No, he didn't."  Dude was my age too, it wasn't like he was some guy that wasn't even born when the Lakers acquired Christie as part of the trade that sent Sam Perkins the Sonics (which, come to think of it, I should have asked the guy if he even remembers there being a team in Seattle).

Archived