2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

I’m finally into the slightly concerned stage. I think if this was someone else I’d be in full blown panic right now but tbh I think this is just educated guessing. I don’t think anyone has a real legit source into Kawhi’s camp and the 2-3 guys that might have some-what of a connection are they only ones that aren’t saying Lakers is done or at least alluding to him going to the Lakers. 

The only thing I am positive on right now is that this WONT happen tonight. It’s gonna drag on he’s obviously not in any hurry right now he’s gonna meet with whoever he’s gonna meet with and probably take some time and not commit to anything right away. Tomorrow at this time is my best guess for earliest end to the saga. 

Yeah, like I said before he’s not gonna make that decision public till he meets with Toronto and that isn’t supposed to happen till Tuesday or Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Imagine being a fan base who has to endure, for 30-plus years, jokes coming from people that can't even name members of Lakers championship teams other than the superstars but who want to diminish the fanhood of others because it gives them some perceived sense of superiority.  It gets old... fast.

I legitimately had a guy in a Lebron 23 jersey a couple weeks ago try to dog me for wearing a Clippers hat and then tried to make fun of me, not because I told him he probably doesn't even remember Doug Christie playing for the Lakers, but instead that, so he was adamant, "No, he didn't."  Dude was my age too, it wasn't like he was some guy that wasn't even born when the Lakers acquired Christie as part of the trade that sent Sam Perkins the Sonics (which, come to think of it, I should have asked the guy if he even remembers there being a team in Seattle).

I’m not trying to dismiss your fandom or experience with crappy Lakers fans. I’m well aware Lakers have tons of fans that aren’t knowledgeable or are bandwagon. I’ve only lived in Southern California. I’ve had a lot of convos over the years with people who claimed to be Lakers fans and a minute into trying to have a serious discussion about the team it becomes very apparent they don’t know what they are talking about, so I get it.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, like I said before he’s not gonna make that decision public till he meets with Toronto and that isn’t supposed to happen till Tuesday or Wednesday.

Exactly. Even if one of or both LA teams meet with him and blow him away (we can possibly infer that the Lakers may have)  he’s going to at least give Toronto a chance. We know he wants to go home to LA but he also wants to win and he just won with Toronto. Obviously he could win in LA too don’t get me wrong but he literally just won a championship less than 3 weeks ago. That’s a solid aspect to add to this pitch. I think he more or less enjoyed many aspects of living in Toronto and being in Canada. No one can really be dismissed right now. 

He’ll meet with Toronto either tomorrow or the next day and unless he just knows unless something happened/happens that made it real obvious what he should do he will probably consult with his team and sit back and take a bit more time as I don’t think he’s locked in yet. 

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’m not trying to dismiss your fandom or experience with crappy Lakers fans. I’m well aware Lakers have tons of fans that aren’t knowledgeable or are bandwagon. I’ve only lived in Southern California. I’ve had a lot of convos over the years with people who claimed to be Lakers fans and a minute into trying to have a serious discussion about the team it becomes very apparent they don’t know what they are talking about, so I get it.

Perhaps they dont follow the team (or sport) as closely as you do but when asked declared they liked the Lakers. A crime or some sort?

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Perhaps they dont follow the team (or sport) as closely as you do but when asked declared they liked the Lakers. A crime or some sort?

A crime? No lol and it’s just the ones who act boisterous about how they are such a big fan.

12 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm just saying that a lot and I mean A LOT of Laker fans regardless of genuineness or not never seem to miss an opportunity to crap on Clippers fans; it gets to the point where it reads as more insecurity than bullying and bragging.

I've said it for the last several years to Lakers fans that want to thump their chests at me about the Clippers having no championships, "Cool, then you should have no trouble beating us."  And yet... 

I mean trust me I get it, it's why I haven't raised a huge stink about the reports (granted, they're using quantitative statistics to make arrive at a qualitative conclusion, which can be really faulty a lot of the time) that want to rank the Rams as having the worst quality fans in the NFL.  Given that we've got A LOT of those "typical LA bandwagoners" who jumped on board, especially this year, because the team was winning a ton and went to the Super Bowl, it's not an unreasonable conclusion to arrive at, because outside of the stadium those bandwagoners are going to outnumber the diehards that have been around since before the team moved to St. Louis in the first place.

The model fanbase (and even they embarrass themselves with their willingness to be prone to violence against rival fans) in LA is the Dodgers, not the Lakers - I think that's a pretty sound assessment.

I'm hoping for Kawhi back to the Raptors, Cousins to the Clippers, and the Lakers get the best of what's left. Morris, Holiday, WCS, either Green, Caruso, Mack, Venleh, and of course...Carmelo.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

I'm just saying that a lot and I mean A LOT of Laker fans regardless of genuineness or not never seem to miss an opportunity to crap on Clippers fans; it gets to the point where it reads as more insecurity than bullying and bragging.

I've said it for the last several years to Lakers fans that want to thump their chests at me about the Clippers having no championships, "Cool, then you should have no trouble beating us."  And yet... 

I mean trust me I get it, it's why I haven't raised a huge stink about the reports (granted, they're using quantitative statistics to make arrive at a qualitative conclusion, which can be really faulty a lot of the time) that want to rank the Rams as having the worst quality fans in the NFL.  Given that we've got A LOT of those "typical LA bandwagoners" who jumped on board, especially this year, because the team was winning a ton and went to the Super Bowl, it's not an unreasonable conclusion to arrive at, because outside of the stadium those bandwagoners are going to outnumber the diehards that have been around since before the team moved to St. Louis in the first place.

The model fanbase (and even they embarrass themselves with their willingness to be prone to violence against rival fans) in LA is the Dodgers, not the Lakers - I think that's a pretty sound assessment.

Banter between fans of rival team is as old as there are teams and fans.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

A crime? No lol and it’s just the ones who act boisterous about how they are such a big fan.

Yeah, it's like the (different sport, but...) raging nimrod who decided to use kit/uniform launch day today as his excuse to stage a "Kroenke Out!" protest at Arsenal today... but he didn't miss his chance to buy the new home shirt (thus, even though it's less than most fans think, putting money into said owners pockets) first.  I'm still laughing at him, especially since he's only known at all because he was on Storage Hunters UK before it was canceled, but even more so because he called himself "Heavy D" when in reality he looks like the middle-aged version of Dudley Verner, Harry Potter's cousin (who called himself "Big D").

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I'm hoping for Kawhi back to the Raptors, Cousins to the Clippers, and the Lakers get the best of what's left. Morris, Holiday, WCS, either Green, Caruso, Mack, Venleh, and of course...Carmelo.

Carmelo was done a few years ago already.

Archived