2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Just now, kyle21121 said:

Customs takes like 20 mins max to get through most of the time and going down to the bank to open a new account may only take like a half an hour. 

There are way worse cities in Canada than Toronto for an American to live in, particularly based on quality of life.  Way worse.  Part of my family is from a territory FULL of them.  Heck, even among major metro areas, I'd wager more Americans would opt for Toronto over Montreal or most parts of Quebec.  Ontario and Alberta are good digs.

Just now, kyle21121 said:

Customs takes like 20 mins max to get through most of the time and going down to the bank to open a new account may only take like a half an hour. 

Well, Lou Williams is the person who said that (I believe) and he said it was a hassle.  I don't have any experience with any of that stuff, I was just repeating what was said by someone who has gone through it.

I think generally speaking, most people from the United States want to live in the United States.  Just like most people who are from Toronto want to live there.

12 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Too funny......almost sad in a way.....to read the **** that Perkins is taking for posting that.
People are strange. They'll argue with others about anything. Why they do it? Thats the mystery.

12 minutes ago, The LBC said:

There are way worse cities in Canada than Toronto for an American to live in, particularly based on quality of life.  Way worse.  Part of my family is from a territory FULL of them.  Heck, even among major metro areas, I'd wager more Americans would opt for Toronto over Montreal or most parts of Quebec.  Ontario and Alberta are good digs.

The only times I’ve ever been excited to go to Quebec we’re when I was visiting friends in Ottawa and I was 18. With 18 being the leagal drinking age. Otherwise unless you have a cottage in southern Quebec you can go once or twice for the experience of you want and your good. 

Toronto is a really nice city it’s a very expensive city but it’s definitely somewhere people in their 20’s would want to live. 

Alberta is really nice. I go to Banff a lot. BC is good too. I don’t have any extended living experience there.

5 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

The only times I’ve ever been excited to go to Quebec we’re when I was visiting friends in Ottawa and I was 18. With 18 being the leagal drinking age. Otherwise unless you have a cottage in southern Quebec you can go once or twice for the experience of you want and your good. 

Toronto is a really nice city it’s a very expensive city but it’s definitely somewhere people in their 20’s would want to live. 

Alberta is really nice. I go to Banff a lot. BC is good too. I don’t have any extended living experience there.

Do you watch Handmaids Tale? Good show

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Someone on TV said that Toronto isn't a great city for an American to live in.  He just mentioned the hassle of having to deal with customs every time you leave/comeback the country for a game, having to open a Canadian Bank account, the stuff they show on television, etc.  I think Lou Williams was apart what the person was quoting.

Basically he said Toronto is an amazing city to visit, but he wouldn't want to live there.

Yea it was a horrible take. Don't come to Canada because we have different channels than people in the US have!!!!

Archived