2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thats interesting and I wouldnt have thought that. Thanks for that info. I've never been there, but am sure Toronto's a great city. Being from the NorthEast - I'm accustomed to (and value) city life. My impression of William's comments wasnt so much a dig on the city as the lifestyle differences between the two countries.....but its not a big deal to me either way. Individuals are gonna find (and settle) in the digs that fit them. 

What the hell is the average Americans perspective of Toronto then? Someone a few months ago was making the case that Toronto was a small market team and that’s why players don’t wanna be there. 

You live in a big city in the northeast? Life in Toronto is probably no different from what you are accustomed to. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

What the hell is the average Americans perspective of Toronto then? Someone a few months ago was making the case that Toronto was a small market team and that’s why players don’t wanna be there. 

You live in a big city in the northeast? Life in Toronto is probably no different from what you are accustomed to. 

I honestly couldnt tell you as its not a discussion I've started or been drawn into before......but I dont sense people have negative thoughts towards the place. None that I've heard at least and from the little that I know of the place, I cant see reason they'd have negative feelings towards it.

4 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

How about the fact you have to convert your USD to Canadian dollars? How about the fact you have to open up a bank account in Canada?? Pay taxes in two different countries????

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

How about the fact you have to convert your USD to Canadian dollars? How about the fact you have to open up a bank account in Canada?? Pay taxes in two different countries????

An NBA player getting paid USD to live in Canada depending where the dollar is is potentially an advantage. Again opening a bank account literally takes one 20 min trip to the bank to setup. The taxes are not even that much worse than what they are in California. It’s pretty similar in that regard. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

An NBA player getting paid USD to live in Canada depending where the dollar is is potentially an advantage. Again opening a bank account literally takes one 20 min trip to the bank to setup. The taxes are not even that much worse than what they are in California. It’s pretty similar in that regard. 

Tell that to Sweet Lou not me....But Toronto is legit, been there twice....Both in the summer time though, not in the winter. Toronto>NYC. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Tell that to Sweet Lou not me....But Toronto is legit, been there twice....Both in the summer time though, not in the winter. Toronto>NYC. 

Lou knows he wanted to come back he’s still a bit sore he’s only focusing on the bad things because he wasn’t even offered a contract. I got nothing but love for Lou even still he was a fantastic player for us that year but he was a big part of why we got eliminated early he plays no D and he was ice cold that round. We had to move in a new direction he was a luxury we couldn’t afford at the time. 

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

The only bad thing about Toronto is the Maple Leafs tbqh

I love Toronto

I can’t hear you with my 13 Stanley cup rings in my ears. 

But yea the hockey first (and only) puckhead crowd can be a bit much. 

The Leafs and fans are rather similar to the Knicks and Knick fans in terms of entitlement and lack of actual winning the past 5 decades with long stretches of being a complete mess dumpster fire but the leafs appear to be on the right track as of now while Knicks are still a mess that’s the only difference Leafs sliver of hope is alive while the Knicks died on Sunday. 

50 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Winters can be brutal. That all star game a few years ago didn’t help nothing it broke like a 40 year old record for coldest day during that weekend. 

Kawhi doesn't do cold man, have to accept reality here! A Cali boy born and raised and then living in Toronto? Not happening. My friend lived in Toronto until he was 18, he came to California and lived here for 10 years before just going back last year....Let's just say he forgot just how bad the winters are and wants to come back lol. 

Different for guys like Lowry who grew up in Philly where it is plenty cold. 

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Completely false but carry on. If you don't think the ECF was highly competitive, you're on something. 

Also a completely different team now. 

Milwaukee won their 2 home games convincingly and then they lost the next 4 by 6+ including the home game at 2-2

That series was nothing like the Sixers series.

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kawhi doesn't do cold man, have to accept reality here! A Cali boy born and raised and then living in Toronto? Not happening. My friend lived in Toronto until he was 18, he came to California and lived here for 10 years before just going back last year....Let's just say he forgot just how bad the winters are and wants to come back lol. 

Different for guys like Lowry who grew up in Philly where it is plenty cold. 

Mid April to mid October it’s more or less okay you’ll have some cool days in the spring and fall but the summer is great. It’s just during the season it’s cold but you are going from parking garage to parking garage essentially to games and practices and airports and busses, etc. 

Archived