2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's funny to me how you forget how much **** you talked back when the Pacers were a title threat.

Because we were? And our team was way better.. Hibbert-PG-West were nasty.. Best defense in the league.. Better HC too who can actually make adjustments. 

But hey keep believing. It'll feel much better seeing y'all lose. Crooooooooooooooooklyn. 

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How many franchises would KILL to have a duo of LeBron James and Anthony Davis with room for a max FA?  In before you make some sort of comment about how the Lakers "lucked" into the situation.

Take the entire Lakers organization. Move them to Minnesota. They don’t get either of those players.

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Take the entire Lakers organization. Move them to Minnesota. They don’t get either of those players.

Yup. LA is a bigger / better market than MN and always will be - but being in a bigger/better market doesnt make you a preferred destination all by itself (read: NY Knicks).

Just now, Leader said:

Yup. LA is a bigger / better than MN and always will be - but being in a bigger/better market doesnt make you a preferred destination all by itself (read: NY Knicks).

Lakers were as poorly run as the Knicks. Lebron just wanted to be in LA, now they’re a huge destination because of Lebron AND being in LA. 

The Lakers aren’t a well run organization, they’re just the Lakers.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Lakers were as poorly run as the Knicks. Lebron just wanted to be in LA, now they’re a huge destination because of Lebron AND being in LA. The Lakers aren’t a well run organization, they’re just the Lakers.

They're not great - but they're not terrible.
Would I like to have Jerry West or Pat Riley running ops? Yup.
Did I think Mitch was a great GM? Nope.
Do I know Rob cant get it done? Nope.

As a fan of the Packers, Raptors, Blue Jays, and Canucks, I'm always curious what it's like to be a fan of the Lakers, Yankees, Red Sox, etc. Like do you get the same satisfaction from winning knowing that your team has inherent advantages other teams simply do not have? Does it ever get boring? Or is it just always exhilarating knowing that no matter how bad your team might be for a stretch, you're always one offseason away from competing for a title?

GS injuries be damned, this Raptors season was the most fun I've ever had as a sports fan. Masai pulled off IMO the greatest trade in the history of sports, a goofy *** nobody replaced the coach of the year, so many guys upped their game and rallied around Kawhi, and it all culminated in Kyle Lowry hoisting the Larry OB for the city of Toronto. This kind of thing happens once in a lifetime if you're lucky.

Edit: And I'll qualify this by saying I'm lucky as hell to have grown up a Packers fan. It's just a different kind of luck.

17 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Because we were? And our team was way better.. Hibbert-PG-West were nasty.. Best defense in the league.. Better HC too who can actually make adjustments. 

But hey keep believing. It'll feel much better seeing y'all lose. Crooooooooooooooooklyn. 

Oh man, the lulz.

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

As a fan of the Packers, Raptors, Blue Jays, and Canucks, I'm always curious what it's like to be a fan of the Lakers, Yankees, Red Sox, etc. Like do you get the same satisfaction from winning knowing that your team has inherent advantages other teams simply do not have? Does it ever get boring? Or is it just always exhilarating knowing that no matter how bad your team might be for a stretch, you're always one offseason away from competing for a title?

As a Packer, Yankee and Laker fan - no - winning never loses its luster, get boring or is taken for granted. Every team/organization has had down times - some of them extensive. I appreciate and recognize the differences (and potential competitive balances) between markets. In fact - I've been called a "bad fan" (which is funny in and of itself.....) because I've expressed the NYY not buy every FA that comes on the market - but rather build a roster smartly and financially prudent. Oh well. Cant please everybody all of the time.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Oh man, the lulz.

And actually making a series against Lebron-Wade and Bosh. 

Not Van Vleet and Kyle Lowry whose always been arse. Get real bro. Take off the homer shades. Those mia teams would have beat y’all in 4. Van Vleet and Kyle Lowry broke y’all ish. Get real. Kyle is notorious for going MIA in the post season and he went in all yall..

What were your hot trash takes? Bledsoe owns his soul. LMFAO

12 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

GS injuries be damned, this Raptors season was the most fun I've ever had as a sports fan. Masai pulled off IMO the greatest trade in the history of sports, a goofy *** nobody replaced the coach of the year, so many guys upped their game and rallied around Kawhi, and it all culminated in Kyle Lowry hoisting the Larry OB for the city of Toronto. This kind of thing happens once in a lifetime if you're lucky.

Edit: And I'll qualify this by saying I'm lucky as hell to have grown up a Packers fan. It's just a different kind of luck.

Are you me? 

I wouldn't call it the GOAT trade. If Kawhi stays for a couple more years, it will be up there. 

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

And actually making a series against Lebron-Wade and Bosh. 

Not Van Vleet and Kyle Lowry whose always been arse. Get real bro. Take off the homer shades. Those mia teams would have beat y’all in 4. Van Vleet and Kyle Lowry broke y’all ish. Get real. Kyle is notorious for going MIA in the post season and he went in all yall..

What were your hot trash takes? Bledsoe owns his soul. LMFAO

George Bless

Enjoy irrelevancy.

9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Are you me? 

I wouldn't call it the GOAT trade. If Kawhi stays for a couple more years, it will be up there. 

If being you means trading in my Canucks fan card for literally any other squad on the planet, then I wish I were you.

The GOAT trade convo is one I've actually been wanting to have. I know there are tons of examples where one guy is traded for a king's ransom, or where guys are traded for pennies and go on to become all-time greats... but for me, when you consider the cunning and guts it took to pull off the Kawhi trade — trading the face of your franchise, a guy who has embraced the city like no one else in team history, for one year of a guy who might not even be healthy enough to play, who might not even be willing to play for you — and then that guy leads you to a damn championship in his first year — from a risk-reward standpoint, it doesn't get any better than that. (Well, obviously it gets a bit better if he stays...)

Archived