2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, nothing has changed by now.  He wasn't announcing on July 1st if he was leaving Toronto.  He reportedly met with the Raptors yesterday, so he was always going to give Toronto the last word.  If it drags on much past tomorrow, I'm more concerned.

Kawhi simply wasn’t gonna announce July 1st not because it was Canada day and he didn’t want to leave Toronto on Canada day. 

Honestly things have been pretty tight lipped but I’ve heard meeting with Toronto is today (it could have happened yesterday though idk) I’ve just heard today so regardless tonight is probably the earliest you’ll hear on him about a decision. My guess is it’ll be tomorrow but Friday is probably the latest.

4 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Kawhi simply wasn’t gonna announce July 1st not because it was Canada day and he didn’t want to leave Toronto on Canada day. 

Honestly things have been pretty tight lipped but I’ve heard meeting with Toronto is today (it could have happened yesterday though idk) I’ve just heard today so regardless tonight is probably the earliest you’ll hear on him about a decision. My guess is it’ll be tomorrow but Friday is probably the latest.

Friday is Uncle Dennis b-day, tomorrow is America's day. Would be very patriotic of Leonard to announce he's coming back to the USA to play for either the Lakers or Clippers tomorrow. 

But what I'm hoping is we hear a statement either today, tomorrow or Friday where he says he wants to #runitback. 

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Ah yes...let's continue to find any possible reason to discredit because it fits your argument.  I mean, I wouldn't consider Boston a small market by any means and their biggest FA signing is Gordon Hayward.  You had Kyrie Irving, and he left you for a divisional rival.  You were "saving" your assets for Anthony Davis, and he went to the Lakers.

Ether’d

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Ah yes...let's continue to find any possible reason to discredit because it fits your argument.  I mean, I wouldn't consider Boston a small market by any means and their biggest FA signing is Gordon Hayward.  You had Kyrie Irving, and he left you for a divisional rival.  You were "saving" your assets for Anthony Davis, and he went to the Lakers.

Boston is a decent market and I literally said we’ve NEVER been a FA destination. No one is scrambling to live in Boston. You literally proved my point, thanks big guy.

Lakers got Lebron because they’re the Lakers. It’s not a positive reflection on the current front office.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Boston is a decent market and I literally said we’ve NEVER been a FA destination. No one is scrambling to live in Boston. You literally proved my point, thanks big guy.

Lakers got Lebron because they’re the Lakers. It’s not a positive reflection on the current front office.

Celtics just got Horford/Hayward/Walker in free agency within the last four or so years. I'd say that is pretty damn good.

But yes, LeBron didn't go to the Lakers because they have a great front office or anything. He went to the Lakers for their brand and what they have meant to the NBA. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Celtics just got Horford/Hayward/Walker in free agency within the last four or so years. I'd say that is pretty damn good.

But yes, LeBron didn't go to the Lakers because they have a great front office or anything. He went to the Lakers for their brand and what they have meant to the NBA. 

Yeah, we got them because of our front office. That’s exactly my point. Boston isn’t a FA destination, nothing special about living in Boston. Trying to use AD and Lebron to justify Pelinka not being a moron isn’t getting them anywhere.

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Friday is Uncle Dennis b-day, tomorrow is America's day. Would be very patriotic of Leonard to announce he's coming back to the USA to play for either the Lakers or Clippers tomorrow. 

But what I'm hoping is we hear a statement either today, tomorrow or Friday where he says he wants to #runitback. 

I guess I’m hoping for that too. Something short and simple I’ll take the 1 + 1 or 2 + 1 and lets give this a go. Either way. 

Honestly I have no particular lean right now. I don’t know what to believe maybe nothing from all the reports. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah, we got them because of our front office. That’s exactly my point. Boston isn’t a FA destination, nothing special about living in Boston. Trying to use AD and Lebron to justify Pelinka not being a moron isn’t getting them anywhere.

Yep, the fact that Boston is such a storied franchise has nothing to do with it. It was all Ainge 

Deep down I guess I still believe Raptors, Clippers, Lakers in that order although a week ago I’d have said 60% Toronto, 30% Clippers, 10% Lakers or something like that I think it’s about 40% Toronto, 30% Clippers, 30% Lakers. 

Just now, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Yep, the fact that Boston is such a storied franchise has nothing to do with it. It was all Ainge 

No one wants to live in Boston dude lol. Living in Mass? Wow what glamour. Boston got Hayward and Horford because we sold them on our recent success/front office. 

Even if you want to say it had something to do with being one of the most successful franchises. That’s a fair point, has nothing to do with what I’m saying though lol. Pelinka didn’t attract Lebron, Jeanie Buss didn’t attract Lebron. That city did and the “Laker” brand 

17 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Rockets fans DEFINITELY worry about MVPs more than winning. I mean maybe not you, but on social media and everywhere all you hear them talk about is how Harden got robbed of the MVP. I mean you had the damn Rockets twitter account posting some suspect stuff right after Giannis got his MVP award.

Embarrassing really. 

yeah you clearly don't know what you are talking about.  this rockets fan sure doesn't.

Archived