2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

If his focus is the Lakers then he’s just using the Clippers and Raptors for leverage on something. Maybe he wants a role and an 8 mil bonus in Space Jam 2 instead of 4 mil bonus?

I don't think there's any leveraging going on.  He reportedly met with the Clippers and Lakers either yesterday or the day before, and meeting with the Raptors either last night or right now.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think there's any leveraging going on.  He reportedly met with the Clippers and Lakers either yesterday or the day before, and meeting with the Raptors either last night or right now.

Chris Broussard reporting he’s demanding an ownership stake

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

It would violate the salary cap, so its illegal.  

Would it be though? One could be argued it's an asset, rather than an actual payment.

FWIW though. Lakers are currently worth 3.7B so just 2% of that is $74 Million and would grow over time.

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Would it be though? One could be argued it's an asset, rather than an actual payment.

FWIW though. Lakers are currently worth 3.7B so just 2% of that is $74 Million and would grow over time.

I think it definitely is. Or teams would be tossing that around left and right. It’s an easy way to circumvent the cap and highly benefits big market teams. You just said it yourself, even offering Kawhi 2% would be paying him an extra $74M.

Archived