2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

8 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He screwed the lakers by waiting so long that so many free agents had already signed.

He was simply keeping his options open.....pending the OKC/LAC trade discussions. 

IF - (make note people, I'm using the word *if* here) - he'd whispered to the LAL some days back of his intentions - they could / would have moved on other players and revealed Kawhi had no leverage using them. How would that have colored the OKC/LAC discussions? Cant say.

I was all in with the LAL snagging Kawhi. Wouldv'e worked for me - AND NOBODY KNEW SQUAT (so all you people running to either take credit for "knowing" or hide from your declarations isnt necessary) - but in hindsight, I'd rather the LAL moved on the higher tiered FAs with the cash on hand.

Thats not how the hand played out....and nobody's at fault for that.

Not Kawhi.

Not Pelikna.

Nobody. It's just how the cookie crumbled.

17 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He screwed the lakers by waiting so long that so many free agents had already signed. 

Hate on the rockets if you want but they are a top 4 team still 

You have a point that the Lakers missed out on a lot of FA's, but they can still fill their team out with role players and there are still guys out there like Avery Bradley, Iggy, Korver, etc.

That's not me hating on the Rockets at all.  I did concede that they might still be a top 4 team, but then you have Denver and Utah.  I'd probably give the Rockets the edge on both those teams just because they have James Harden.

27 minutes ago, Leader said:

He was simply keeping his options open.....pending the OKC/LAC trade discussions. 

IF - (make note people, I'm using the word *if* here) - he'd whispered to the LAL some days back of his intentions - they could / would have moved on other players and revealed Kawhi had no leverage using them. How would that have colored the OKC/LAC discussions? Cant say.

I was all in with the LAL snagging Kawhi. Wouldv'e worked for me - AND NOBODY KNEW SQUAT (so all you people running to either take credit for "knowing" or hide from your declarations isnt necessary) - but in hindsight, I'd rather the LAL moved on the higher tiered FAs with the cash on hand.

Thats not how the hand played out....and nobody's at fault for that.

Not Kawhi.

Not Pelikna.

Nobody. It's just how the cookie crumbled.

Kawhi not meeting with Pelinka is telling. Lakers being a dysfunctional organization is why Kawhi is in LAC and not LAL.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Kawhi not meeting with Pelinka is telling. Lakers being a dysfunctional organization is why Kawhi is in LAC and not LAL.

I think that played a huge role in it.  The Clippers front office is one of the best, while the Lakers is one of the worst.  Also, I think it's him wanting to be the man on a team and not create a super team.  He's not really talkative and doesn't seek the spotlight like LeBron does, but he wants to be the man on whatever team he's on.  Taking a backseat to anyone is not in the cards for someone of his caliber, nor should it be.

45 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

30 million over 2 years for a 10 4 2 guy who has never averaged more than 29 minutes a game in 10 seasons?

This might be the most LeBron GM signing of all-time.

Green was going to be a very nice signing for someone... as long as you did not give him a 50% raise over his career high salary.

This is a bad opinion.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I think that played a huge role in it.  The Clippers front office is one of the best, while the Lakers is one of the worst.  Also, I think it's him wanting to be the man on a team and not create a super team.  He's not really talkative and doesn't seek the spotlight like LeBron does, but he wants to be the man on whatever team he's on.  Taking a backseat to anyone is not in the cards for someone of his caliber, nor should it be.

Honestly, doesn't seem like it would matter. All season the Clippers were the supposed favorites and seems like as long as they delivered on the second star, he was heading there. The way Woj made it seem, if the Clippers couldn't get someone like PG, he was Lakers bound. 

Archived