Anthony Davis Packages: Which Are You Taking?

amac

Which Package would you take for AD?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which package would you take for Anthony Davis if these were the offers?

• Knicks: #3 pick, Dennis Smith Jr, Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson
    • Celtics: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, #14 pick
    • Lakers: #4 pick, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

So the Pelicans would basically be trading AD for Brad Beal and someone like Jarrett Culver/DeAndre Hunter/Jaxson Hayes, that's a terrible return. 

Well you can't really look at it as getting an equal return in value for AD.

But if you look at it as we would have a foundation of Beal, Jrue, Zion, 4th pick to build around. Beal is the best player I can see us acquiring and a great fit with Zion. I still prefer a godfather offer from Boston but I'd definitely consider Beal

I could legit see someone having RJ Barrett as the absolute highest value piece out of all Lakers and Celtics players (assuming everyone is healthy).  Therefore, New York actually has the most valuable piece, in some people's eyes.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, showtime said:

I could legit see someone having RJ Barrett as the absolute highest value piece out of all Lakers and Celtics players (assuming everyone is healthy).  Therefore, New York actually has the most valuable piece, in some people's eyes.

I can’t honestly. I think the biggest appeal to Knicks offer is Memphis would probably consider #3 and some assets for #2

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

I can’t honestly. I think the biggest appeal to Knicks offer is Memphis would probably consider #3 and some assets for #2

It's easy to see.  He's younger, has a full rookie contract and a crap ton of potential. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He has a lot of flaws as a prospect. I don’t think the Pelicans should worry about cost control as much as getting back a Star.

Who cares?  Everyone has flaws as a prospect.  RJ Barrett could very well be a star in this league.  That's what I'm saying, it's easy to argue him having similar star value to that of Jayson Tatum and Brandon Ingram.  It doesn't matter if you don't see it, or if I don't see it.  I'm just saying there are plenty of people who do see it and it's a huge deal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Who cares?  Everyone has flaws as a prospect.  RJ Barrett could very well be a star in this league.  That's what I'm saying, it's easy to argue him having similar star value to that of Jayson Tatum and Brandon Ingram.  It doesn't matter if you don't see it, or if I don't see it.  I'm just saying there are plenty of people who do see it and it's a huge deal.

I feel like all I’ve heard is that a lot of teams aren’t even sold that Barrett is the 3rd guy in this draft.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I feel like all I’ve heard is that a lot of teams aren’t even sold that Barrett is the 3rd guy in this draft.

And they're mistaken, he just had one of the best freshman seasons in the history of college basketball, he's going to be a stud. What other prospect would you take over him? 

Edited by NYRaider

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Not to mention he's best friends with Zion and having them both there makes it more likely they'll stay long-term. 

59 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And they're mistaken, he just had one of the best freshman seasons in the history of college basketball, he's going to be a stud. What other prospect would you take over him? 

Barrett is a wing who doesn’t use his off hand that well, is an average ball handler and can’t shoot. 

That doesnt translate well to the NBA. I like Barrett, but in most classes he’s a guy who goes between 5-8

Edited by MookieMonstah

3 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Hard pass.  Gonna have to blow Memphis away to the point they feel they have to trade #2.  At that point it wouldn't be worth it for New York.