Anthony Davis Packages: Which Are You Taking?

amac

Which Package would you take for AD?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which package would you take for Anthony Davis if these were the offers?

• Knicks: #3 pick, Dennis Smith Jr, Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson
    • Celtics: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, #14 pick
    • Lakers: #4 pick, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball

2 hours ago, amac said:

Embiid as the centerpiece is kind of a scary thought given his injury history. I think I'd rather diversify my portfolio a bit with another package

Really? You'd rather a bunch of guys, 1 of which you can only prays becomes as good as Embiid? It's always nice to have a bunch of assets I know, but that also entails a long rebuild process and period of uncertainty as you look to form identity for team. If Pelicans got Embiid, a bonafide star, they 'd have a clear direction of what kind of team they need to build.

Now if the injuries really scare you, then that's understandable, but I think Embiid has shown those injuries are in the past. He's like AD in that he's no iron man, but hasn't been hit by anything serious in years.

16 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Really? You'd rather a bunch of guys, 1 of which you can only prays becomes as good as Embiid? It's always nice to have a bunch of assets I know, but that also entails a long rebuild process and period of uncertainty as you look to form identity for team. If Pelicans got Embiid, a bonafide star, they 'd have a clear direction of what kind of team they need to build.

Now if the injuries really scare you, then that's understandable, but I think Embiid has shown those injuries are in the past. He's like AD in that he's no iron man, but hasn't been hit by anything serious in years.

I don't know a ton about his situation lately but he's never played more than 64 games in a season, and he had a down playoff performance.

I think the only reason Philly does that deal is if they feel the same way because there's not enough of a difference between Embiid and AD as players when healthy to make that move.

think im taking the knicks offer. After zion, morant and barrett theres a clear drop off in the draft so not putting too much value on that #4 pick for the lakers. Might as well as bet on barrett being better than anyone on that list not named tatum and then you still get a pretty exciting point in smith and a promising rim protector in robinson. 

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

If true it's foolish to let that get out publicly. At this point I'm taking everything the national media talking heads say on this situation with a grain of salt if not outright ignoring it. They were already caught peddling BS about Lakers trade talks during the season and now Zion considering returning to Duke

Edited by amac
  • Like 1

The Lakers package is legit trash anyway. The true contenders are Boston, New York, Toronto and some dark horses like Portland/Denver if they even have interest.

In a trade for AD you want to get a stud back, not a bunch of middling role players or guys with upside to be okay.

I think the Nets and Clippers will also try, but probably have to bring in a 3rd team to get the assets we'd want. D'angelo is probably about to get overpaid and the Clippers just don't have a central piece unless you're really high on Gilgeous.

Maybe the Wizards get weird and offer us Beal in a 3 way deal. Suns can offer an Ayton package, hard to see the T-Wolves giving up KAT without assurances of AD re-signing. 76ers could offer Simmons. That's pretty much all the possibilities I can fathom as of right now

Edited by amac

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

The Lakers package is legit trash anyway. The true contenders are Boston, New York, Toronto and some dark horses like Portland/Denver if they even have interest.

In a trade for AD you want to get a stud back, not a bunch of middling role players or guys with upside to be okay.

THIS THIS THIS 

I mean this is the source. Not exactly definitive evidence. I would totally understand if she wants the Lakers to kick rocks- they, Lebron and Rich Paul deserve it- but you have to use them as leverage at the very least.

Jackie MacMullan of ESPN:

We have been told, I think, through channels – most of us have heard this same scuttlebutt – that Gayle Benson has basically told him, “To the Lakers, over my dead body.”

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Idk how to embed tweets but it's in the OP of this link.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1839279

Hahaha.

Like I said, there's going to be so many rumors flying around that you shouldn't believe anything unless it's from Woj or Shams. They are the only 2 sources who actually care if they're right, not first.

• Like 1