Anthony Davis Packages: Which Are You Taking?

amac

Which Package would you take for AD?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which package would you take for Anthony Davis if these were the offers?

• Knicks: #3 pick, Dennis Smith Jr, Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson
    • Celtics: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, #14 pick
    • Lakers: #4 pick, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball

10 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

From those options I'd easily take the Lakers package. Trade Jrue Holiday to Phoenix for #6 and future pick(s).

Take Culver at #4. Take Brandon Clarke or Bol Bol at #6.

Ball
Culver
Ingram
Williamson
Clarke/Bol Bol

Kuzma 6th man.

Got damn.

Goodluck when its time to give everyone their second contract. 

Maybe keep Jrue and flip Lonzo to Phoenix for #6. 

fwiw I'm taking the Celtics package if these are the offers, Lakers a close 2nd. Maybe I will  be swayed to someone in the draft over time. But I think Tatum can easily be an all-star caliber player, and I still believe in Jaylen Brown being a swiss army knife Paul George type, even if they had relatively disappointing seasons.  Lots of defensive potential here:

Jrue

Jaylen

Tatum

Zion

Dedmon? 

Just sign a center who can knock down a 3 

I don't think anyone doubts Boston can make the best offer. It's more of a "can they?" question. AD is not staying in Boston if Hayward, Horford and Smart are the only decent players left.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

If they trade with the Knicks just to pair Zion up with his buddy then David Griffin is dumb as all hell. You only do that trade if you're convinced RJ will be a star and better than Tatum or Ingram, has nothing to do with them being friends. For the friendship??? Dude is in NOLA for like 8+ years, he's got plenty of time to build others and I'm sure he'll be more likely to stay if they're a winner (that can offer him the super max) more than anything. You don't plan 8+ years down the road by drafting the dude's college friend, c'mon now....

Well his buddy isn't exactly Matt Bonner, he's a all-star type prospect who I would argue is a superior prospect to Ingram and Tatum (I love how everyone thinks Tatum is the next Durant when he's avg 14 and 5 so far in his career).  And Ingram is a slight of build forward who is coming off a very troubling injury (DVT).  I'm not saying take Barrett only because he's friends with Zion ( of course that would be stupid), I think he's also the superior prospect to the other two centerpieces of the other two offers.  And thats what this trade should come down to is Ingram vs Tatum vs Barrett because the other guys are league average or slightly above/below players, basically filler.  And then you throw in the lottery tickets (draft picks) as well. If you put Barrett in the Ingram draft, he would be taken ahead of Brandon and the same with Tatum.  I should have been more clear, I'm not only taking Barrett because he's friends with Zion, its an added benefit, I also think Barrett is the best prospect of any of the other guys.

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Joel Embiid and Zhaire Smith for Davis.

Who says no?

Embiid as the centerpiece is kind of a scary thought given his injury history. I think I'd rather diversify my portfolio a bit with another package

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I’d take the Celtics package for sure. I’d also look to trade Jrue Holiday for a younger PG and/or picks. 

Take Zion #1 and Bol Bol at #14

Tatum and Zion would be sick.

Keep Holiday so Zion has a legit ball-handler.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Joel Embiid and Zhaire Smith for Davis.

Who says no?

That's actually a very intriguing idea, but I think the Pels do due to the injury concerns and Embiid not really fitting Zion's timeline as much as someone still on a rookie contract like a Tatum or Ingram. 

Obviously Embiid is way better lol, but taking the contract, injuries, and timeline into consideration I don't think it'd be worth it over a big package with more players and picks in addition to the headliner. 

Edited by Spartica4Real

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Didn't Holiday say he wants out if they trade Davis?

No. He said a big reason why he signed his extension was AD, but recently he said he's excited about the future in New Orleans and Griff has stated that Jrue will be an important part to the team. I don't see him going anywhere. 

Edited by JMG5