Anthony Davis Packages: Which Are You Taking?

amac

Which Package would you take for AD?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which package would you take for Anthony Davis if these were the offers?

• Knicks: #3 pick, Dennis Smith Jr, Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson
    • Celtics: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, #14 pick
    • Lakers: #4 pick, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I keep seeing this offer but what’s the appeal? It’s a bunch of role players for a Superstar. We saw how that worked for Denver in the Melo deal.

I don't really like it, just an option and I think the Clippers will shoot their shot. I guess you could look to flip Lou and Gallo

Based off what Griffin said about the Davis trade before he took the job(at about the 5 minute mark) ,the Clippers would certainly be a fit.

-Young player with star potential-SGA

-Elite role player-Harrell, Lou, Gallinari

-Draft picks

-Plus another nice young player in Shamet.

Also, if the Pelicans are all in on building a team and fits around Zion, adding shooters like Gallinari, Shamet, and to a certain degree Williams will help.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Based off what Griffin said about the Davis trade before he took the job(at about the 5 minute mark) ,the Clippers would certainly be a fit.

-Draft picks

Also, if the Pelicans are all in on building a team and fits around Zion, adding shooters like Gallinari, Shamet, and to a certain degree Williams will help.

I think the appeal is that you are very good right away, basically the Clippers + Jrue and Zion, and you get a bevy of picks and 2 decent prospects for long term. But the lack of a clear building block to pair with Zion makes it a no for me 

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

-Draft picks

What good are elite veteran role players when your championship window isn't for another 3-5 years?

13 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

-Draft picks

I really, really like SGA but in what world does he have star potential. I don't see that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, amac said:

I think the appeal is that you are very good right away, basically the Clippers + Jrue and Zion, and you get a bevy of picks and 2 decent prospects for long term. But the lack of a clear building block to pair with Zion makes it a no for me 

I think it comes down to what you(David Griffin/Trajan Langdon) think of SGA and to a certain degree Shamet. If they feel SGA is a future all star guard and Shamet will be an elite role player/borderline all star, than the Clippers offer(if they were to offer all that) would be intriguing for them.

23 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I think it comes down to what you(David Griffin/Trajan Langdon) think of SGA and to a certain degree Shamet. If they feel SGA is a future all star guard and Shamet will be an elite role player/borderline all star, than the Clippers offer(if they were to offer all that) would be intriguing for them.

Meh. SGA isn't that valuable as a trade chip especially in comparison to the other guys available. 

28 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Not too bad IMO. But maybe add Kuz to Wash and everyone bites.

Yeah, the Lakers only giving up those 3 to get AD would be a steal. Seeing all 3 sides though, it's a solid deal but Chicago comes up short. Giving up #7 for Lonzo? Okay, I can see that. But what's the incentive for taking on Hill's contract?

Relying on Beal as the headliner is also risky for New Orleans if the plan is to keep him. Maybe he loves it and he and Holiday click, but he's also a free agent in 2 years. New Orleans can only offer a slight financial incentive to stay over other teams in free agency.

If the plan is to flip him for more assets then perfect.

53 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, the Lakers only giving up those 3 to get AD would be a steal. Seeing all 3 sides though, it's a solid deal but Chicago comes up short. Giving up #7 for Lonzo? Okay, I can see that. But what's the incentive for taking on Hill's contract?

Relying on Beal as the headliner is also risky for New Orleans if the plan is to keep him. Maybe he loves it and he and Holiday click, but he's also a free agent in 2 years. New Orleans can only offer a slight financial incentive to stay over other teams in free agency.

If the plan is to flip him for more assets then perfect.

Well Hill is expiring and I don't' see Chicago getting any big FA unless they give out another Otto Porter type deal. I would probably do it if I were them,  if I'm the Pels or Wizards GM I might ask for a little more i.e. Kuzma/future Lakers pick(s)

On 5/23/2019 at 8:02 AM, amac said:

Was trying to think up a deal where 

Pels get: Beal, #4

Bulls get: Lonzo, Solomon Hill

Lakers get: AD

Wizards get: Ingram, #7 

So the Pelicans would basically be trading AD for Brad Beal and someone like Jarrett Culver/DeAndre Hunter/Jaxson Hayes, that's a terrible return. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

So the Pelicans would basically be trading AD for Brad Beal and someone like Jarrett Culver/DeAndre Hunter/Jaxson Hayes, that's a terrible return. 

Bradley Beal is awesome.

I agree New Orleans should hold out for more, but that's a much better return than any other star got in a trade recently. 

Beal can be flipped for more assets if they don't want to keep him long-term. A guard combo of Beal-Holiday is awesome. 2 star guards in their primes + another building block to go with Zion is a good haul.

It goes back to what I was saying about what New Orleans wants out of this trade. They to want to keep Holiday, so a full on rebuild doesn't seem to be their plan. Getting a 25-year-old SG that just put up 26-6-5 and the #4 pick is pretty damn good. It keeps Zion from having all the pressure to produce by himself in year 1, another young player to build around with Zion, and having 2 stars who can shoot and make plays would be great for Zion and #4's development.

23 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Bradley Beal is awesome.

I agree New Orleans should hold out for more, but that's a much better return than any other star got in a trade recently. 

Beal can be flipped for more assets if they don't want to keep him long-term. A guard combo of Beal-Holiday is awesome. 2 star guards in their primes + another building block to go with Zion is a good haul.

It goes back to what I was saying about what New Orleans wants out of this trade. They to want to keep Holiday, so a full on rebuild doesn't seem to be their plan. Getting a 25-year-old SG that just put up 26-6-5 and the #4 pick is pretty damn good. It keeps Zion from having all the pressure to produce by himself in year 1, another young player to build around with Zion, and having 2 stars who can shoot and make plays would be great for Zion and #4's development.

I think they'd just need a little more in return. Beal is definitely a great player but AD is one of the few elite guys in the league. The #4 pick isn't that valuable in this year's class especially if they already have both guard spots locked up. With Beal/Holiday in the fold, they can't take Culver, White, or Garland at #4. That leaves DeAndre Hunter, Cam Reddish, Bol Bol, Sekou Doumbouya, or Jaxson Hayes as the only realistic options with the pick. I'd need more if I'm New Orleans.