Anthony Davis Packages: Which Are You Taking?

amac

Which Package would you take for AD?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which package would you take for Anthony Davis if these were the offers?

• Knicks: #3 pick, Dennis Smith Jr, Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson
    • Celtics: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, #14 pick
    • Lakers: #4 pick, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

Because the Lakers aren't the only team interested in Anthony Davis?

The idiot you quoted in the other thread (Windhorst) said in that very same segment that he would take the New York Knicks deal over a Boston deal.  You're tossing in Brown because there are going to be several teams outside of the Lakers and Celtics who are interested.

Who is offering a better piece than Jayson Tatum. You take quality over quantity. A bunch of middling role players doesn’t trump a 20 year old with all star upside.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Who is offering a better piece than Jayson Tatum. You take quality over quantity. A bunch of middling role players doesn’t trump a 20 year old with all star upside.

Windhorst, among others, would take other teams packages over the Celtics... And yes that includes Jayson Tatum.  Why people feel like that?  I have no idea.  I think the Knicks package isn't anywhere near as good, but he and others say otherwise. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I’d take Marcus Smart over Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma in a heart beat.

Why would Celtics bid against themselves? No offer trumps Tatum+Smart+Williams+MEM 1st+ SAC/LAC 1st. Why would we just toss in Brown? Makes no sense. If AD is moved to the Celtics it won’t include Tatum AND Brown, zero chance.

agree with this 100%

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I’d take Marcus Smart over Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma in a heart beat.

Why would Celtics bid against themselves? No offer trumps Tatum+Smart+Williams+MEM 1st+ SAC/LAC 1st. Why would we just toss in Brown? Makes no sense. If AD is moved to the Celtics it won’t include Tatum AND Brown, zero chance.

I'll take Kuzma over Smart, as Smart is too much of a dumpster fire on offense to be a starter and Kuzma will probably be a nice role player. Ball has more upside as well, if he just turns into Ricky Rubio I'll take him over Smart

Edited by amac

6 minutes ago, amac said:

I'll take Kuzma over Smart, as Smart is too much of a dumpster fire on offense to be a starter and Kuzma will probably be a nice role player. Ball has more upside as well, if he just turns into Ricky Rubio I'll take him over Smart

That’s silly. Smart is arguably the best defensive guard in the league and he’s not even a dumpster fire offensively. He shot 36% from 3 this year with elite defense. His TS% was 57, which is better than Kyle Kuzma and Kuzma is a horrid defender. 

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I'm so 50/50 on it, on one hand like you alluded to, that'd give us 2 top 10 players and legit stars. That is a hard prospect to pass up. Not only could that draw in a 3rd guy for a big 3, but an elite rim protector like AD is perfect to put next to Jokic. He'd theoretically have to do less on offense with us, which I think would allow him to take next step on defense and become the DPOY caliber defender he is capable of being. Looking at these 3 packages in the polls, yeah what you put together would be what it would take to land AD, we may even have to throw in picks or Vanderbilt. I think Murray as a center piece is very enticing, in fact he's a center piece only really surpassed by Tatum IMO.

The downside, besides just not liking the idea of parting with those guys I've grown to love lol, is the question of do we actually improve? We saw with the Pels last year that just having 2 stars is not enough, AD-Cousins were just 27-21 before Cousins went down. Losing Murray, Harris, Millsap... that might be too much for AD alone to overcome and end up hurting us. It'd be a gamble, and one that certainly isn't necessary on our current trajectory.

Of course this is sadly a pointless exercise because I doubt AD would want to come here, seems to me he's got his sights set on playing for some big time franchise, not JUST winning.

I think it'd be wildly entertaining and potentially a championship but probably a much clunkier fit than expected. I think the front office will stay the course 

They better take the Knicks package because it means they're getting RJ Barrett.  If those two are as good of friends as its being portrayed, thats the one way for New Orleans to build something long term is to pair those guys together and hope its enough to get them to stay there.  If not, Zion will bounce as soon as possible for a bigger market and New Orleans will be back to square one in a few years.  Grow it organically with two friends who like to play together and they might have something for the next 10-12 years.

Edited by BoltsFan937

54 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Trade Jrue Holiday to Phoenix for #6 and future pick(s).

Lol? Jrue is worth way more to this team than that. #6 in this draft is trash. The only way they trade Jrue is if they get a player with all star potential as the headliner. And if they can't (I don't think they will due to Jrue's contract) then he'll just stay and be the leader for this team while Zion comes into his own. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BoltsFan937 said:

They better take the Knicks package because it means they're getting RJ Barrett.  If those two are as good of friends as its being portrayed, thats the one way for New Orleans to build something long term is to pair those guys together and hope its enough to get them to stay there.  If not, Zion will bounce as soon as possible for a bigger market and New Orleans will be back to square one in a few years.  Grow it organically with two friends who like to play together and they might have something for the next 10-12 years.

The problem with this is that the rest of the Knicks package isn't impressive. You're basically just trading AD for Barrett and some role players. There is no guarantee that he will be great in the NBA. At least Tatum and Ingram have flashed potential to be very good players.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, BoltsFan937 said:

If they trade with the Knicks just to pair Zion up with his buddy then David Griffin is dumb as all hell. You only do that trade if you're convinced RJ will be a star and better than Tatum or Ingram, has nothing to do with them being friends. For the friendship??? Dude is in NOLA for like 8+ years, he's got plenty of time to build others and I'm sure he'll be more likely to stay if they're a winner (that can offer him the super max) more than anything. You don't plan 8+ years down the road by drafting the dude's college friend, c'mon now....

8 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

From those options I'd easily take the Lakers package. Trade Jrue Holiday to Phoenix for #6 and future pick(s).

Take Culver at #4. Take Brandon Clarke or Bol Bol at #6.

Ball
Culver
Ingram
Williamson
Clarke/Bol Bol

Kuzma 6th man.

Got damn.

Thats a terrible deal for the Pelicans.