Anthony Davis Packages: Which Are You Taking?

amac

Which Package would you take for AD?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which package would you take for Anthony Davis if these were the offers?

• Knicks: #3 pick, Dennis Smith Jr, Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson
    • Celtics: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, #14 pick
    • Lakers: #4 pick, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball

10 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Ingrams stretch where he put up empty stats and led the Lakers to a losing record? Meh.

Beginning in January he put up something like 20, 6, and 3 and he was actually getting to the line and making plays for others, something Tatum hasn't shown yet. I don't think that h2h is nearly as definitively in favor of Tatum as some people make it out to be. Tatum has mostly just shown to be a very good shooter at this stage, its getting overstated how much he's actually accomplished

Edited by amac

Those are all pretty great returns, and I don't think the Pelicans will get a single one of those offers. I probably go with the Celtics one though, Tatum and Brown have already shown they can be starters for contenders, or at the very least just winning basketball teams, and I see star potential in Tatum that I don't see in anyone else listed.

13 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Those are all pretty great returns, and I don't think the Pelicans will get a single one of those offers. I probably go with the Celtics one though, Tatum and Brown have already shown they can be starters for contenders, or at the very least just winning basketball teams, and I see star potential in Tatum that I don't see in anyone else listed.

Did you see my Nuggets offer? Any interest in bringing AD in? They could put together a competitive package. I don't think the Nugs should do it but they could have two first team all NBA guys in their starting five lol 

Edited by champ11

14 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Ingrams group of Blackhole Kuzma and Ball is way worse than the surrounding cast Tatum had on that run. The sixers didn't have a match up with him. 

A second year Jaylen Brown and Al Horford basically. Lakers team wasnt as good, but they didn't play any better when Ingram was "lighting it up". It was empty stats on a bad team.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

A second year Jaylen Brown and Al Horford basically. Lakers team wasnt as good, but they didn't play any better when Ingram was "lighting it up". It was empty stats on a bad team.

Didn't he also have Rozier playing out his mind? 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Gary Harris, Jamal Murray, Juancho Hernangomez (or another young cheap player) for AD ...... better than these offers?

I don't think Nuggets would do that without a commitment, which they wouldn't get. 

Maybe Beasley instead of Juancho. I think I might take that one, I'm pretty high on Murray

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Gotta throw in Porter I'd think.

If New Orleans doesn't want to rebuild, then I would love for Portland to get in on this.

McCollum, Collins, Simons, #25, 2022 1st.

Gives New Orleans an All-Star caliber player, 1 good young piece to partner with Zion in the front court, a young player with lots of potential, and 2 picks.

This is interesting, would depend on what FA plans Griffin would have after the trade, as I don't think Jrue-CJ-Zion has any chance of contending without a major addition or 2

Tatum regressed and Ingram improved. They are both 21 (Tatum is 6 months younger). The only thing working against Ingram is missed time. Also, the Celtics minus Tatum/Kyrie aren't likely to convince AD to stay.

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Tatum regressed and Ingram improved. They are both 21 (Tatum is 6 months younger). The only thing working against Ingram is missed time. Also, the Celtics minus Tatum/Kyrie aren't likely to convince AD to stay.

lol Tatum didn’t regress. This myth needs to stop. His ast% went up, and he became the 4th fiddle basically. His whole role completely changed.

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

lol Tatum didn’t regress. This myth needs to stop. His ast% went up, and he became the 4th fiddle basically. His whole role completely changed.

He did regress. His FG % dropped from .475 to .450.  His 3 point % dropped from .434 to .373.  And that isn't due to a smaller role, he actually took more shot this year than his rookie year.  He averaged 3.0 3point attempts his rookie year which went up to 3.9, and he took 7.4 2s his rookie year and he took 9.2 2s this year.  

His efficiency went down pretty much across the board, and he started taking too many long 2s.  His value absolutely took a hit after this season.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He did regress. His FG % dropped from .475 to .450.  His 3 point % dropped from .434 to .373.  And that isn't due to a smaller role, he actually took more shot this year than his rookie year.  He averaged 3.0 3point attempts his rookie year which went up to 3.9, and he took 7.4 2s his rookie year and he took 9.2 2s this year.  

His efficiency went down pretty much across the board, and he started taking too many long 2s.  His value absolutely took a hit after this season.  

Eh, the shine may have worn off to an extent, but there's valid reasons for the statistical decline. And I think any capable NBA GM would recognize that. Make Tatum a primary option again without being forced to shoot on every shot b/c he doesn't know when the next time he'll touch the ball is and you'll see a guy who most likely resembles his rookie self vs what he showcased this past year.

For a player everyone loves for his scoring ability, Tatum being the worst isolation player in the league this season is not exactly a good look.

Tatum might not have regressed, but he sure didn't improve.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

For a player everyone loves for his scoring ability, Tatum being the worst isolation player in the league this season is not exactly a good look.

Tatum might not have regressed, but he sure didn't improve.

He took way to many deep 2s. The offense didn’t go through him like it did last playoffs. The only reason he’s “lost value” is one less year of cost control. He’s got the same type of upside he had last year and he’s easily the best piece New Orleans will get. New Orleans didn’t wait until the offseason for Boston to get involved for no reason.

51 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

There is no evidence to support this. In fact, his scoring, minutes and usage all increased. Yet all of his advanced numbers tanked. His slightly better rebounding and assist % don't change the fact that as a whole he fell off noticeably.  Dropping down to 4th fiddle shouldn't make you less efficient or worse defensively. He was also the worst or 2nd worst ISO player in the NBA last year on those who had over 100 drives. Jayson Tatum does not appear to be a future superstar many last year suggested. More like consistent All Star level player.

Year 1: 15.3 PER  58.6% TS  19.5% Usage  .139 WS/48  1.0 BPM  1.8 VORP  111 ORTG  103 DRTG  2.92 RPM  +11.5 On/Off

Year 2: 15.1 PER  54.7% TS  22.1% Usage  .097 WS/48  -0.8 BPM  0.8 VORP  107 ORTG  107 DRTG  1.43 RPM  +3.7 On/Off

• Like 2