2020 Head Coaching Candidates

tannenballs

43 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’ll be this years Rooney rule interview 

Naw that is Marvin Lewis....Like trent said he will get interviews but dont see anything really developing from it. McDermott is still the guy who runs that defense but Frazier does have a good amount of input on the defense.

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Naw that is Marvin Lewis....Like trent said he will get interviews but dont see anything really developing from it. McDermott is still the guy who runs that defense but Frazier does have a good amount of input on the defense.

Marvin Lewis is one of the leading names for the Redskins, right after a trade for Tomlin, according to Jason La Canfora.  Snyder is also apparently interested in Ron Rivera, Urban Meyer (lo), Todd Bowles (lmao) and........Gregg Williams.  

Image result for andruw jones laughing gif"

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Marvin Lewis is one of the leading names for the Redskins, right after a trade for Tomlin, according to Jason La Canfora.  Snyder is also apparently interested in Ron Rivera, Urban Meyer (lo), Todd Bowles (lmao) and........Gregg Williams.  

Image result for andruw jones laughing gif"

Guys like Todd Bowles and Leslie Frazier are solid DCs but that is it. They have been HC before but were over their heads at the time I think having a successful Coordinator position is better then being HC at times. Less stress and you focus on what your good at which is the side of the ball you have been coaching for years. Look what both have done for their teams, last year Bucs defense was a joke and this year you lead the league in sacks. Mcdermott and Frazier came in took over Re Ryan's so called defense went from 26th to top 3 in a year to 2 years time and just continued to get better at. 

Redskins are a joke so Gregg Williams screams like an ideal candidate. If I was Lewis or Rivera I would stay away from them and look for a different situation as that owner is messed up and they can go with a more stable organization. 

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Guys like Todd Bowles and Leslie Frazier are solid DCs but that is it. They have been HC before but were over their heads at the time I think having a successful Coordinator position is better then being HC at times. Less stress and you focus on what your good at which is the side of the ball you have been coaching for years. Look what both have done for their teams, last year Bucs defense was a joke and this year you lead the league in sacks. Mcdermott and Frazier came in took over Re Ryan's so called defense went from 26th to top 3 in a year to 2 years time and just continued to get better at. 

Redskins are a joke so Gregg Williams screams like an ideal candidate. If I was Lewis or Rivera I would stay away from them and look for a different situation as that owner is messed up and they can go with a more stable organization. 

The Bills had a strong 4-3 defense when the Ryans came in and tried to fix it to their system.  Thankfully they didnt have more than two years or the purge might've been worse.  As it stands, McDermott still had some talent to convert back to the 4-3.

I am just shocked that Gregg Williams, after taking FOUR interviews with Snyder after he was the chosen heir for Joe Gibbs, would even consider taking this job.  Marvin Lewis was essentially our head coach during Spurrier's first year, and knows he can work with a meddling owner (and the owner has to know this as well.)  Hiring Lewis would indicate that Snyder isn't changing and still plans to meddle, though he can go back to his meddling out in the open like Jerry Jones and Mike Brown do.  Rivera can get himself a much better job than this, and I don't think he would get into this convoluted front office situation without Bruce Allen being fired from the team.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The Bills had a strong 4-3 defense when the Ryans came in and tried to fix it to their system.  Thankfully they didnt have more than two years or the purge might've been worse.  As it stands, McDermott still had some talent to convert back to the 4-3.

I am just shocked that Gregg Williams, after taking FOUR interviews with Snyder after he was the chosen heir for Joe Gibbs, would even consider taking this job.  Marvin Lewis was essentially our head coach during Spurrier's first year, and knows he can work with a meddling owner (and the owner has to know this as well.)  Hiring Lewis would indicate that Snyder isn't changing and still plans to meddle, though he can go back to his meddling out in the open like Jerry Jones and Mike Brown do.  Rivera can get himself a much better job than this, and I don't think he would get into this convoluted front office situation without Bruce Allen being fired from the team.  

The only players to make it from 2014 Bills defense, which was a 4-3 under Jim Schwartz to Rex Ryan's defense to McDermott's defense was Preston Brown, Kyle Williams, and Jerry Hughes. Dareus was traded mid season of Mcdermott's first year. Preston Brown only lasted a year. So nothing was actually there for Mcdermott from the original 4-3 defense they had before Rex came in. Lorenzo alexander and shaq lawson had to make adjustments from 3-4 to 4-3 and that was basically it everything else was new to the team. Outside of Hughes and Alexander the bills defense is very young. To me that is what a good HC does to a team by coming in and quickly strengthening the strong suit they have.

To become an elite coach in the NFL the HC has to come in and revamp the entire team and strengthen both sides of the ball and maintain them as a constant contender for several years. Both Offense and Defense should be top 10 in stats in order to accomplish that. If that HC cant keep their side of the field in top 10 stats and have a miserable record 2 of 3 years then hes not suited for a HC position but that my opinion on the matter. I think Quinn from Atl is a great example of a HC who has no clue what he is doing because he never came in and did his job by strengthening that Defense and statistically stay there for it. Same is going with Marrone in Jax. Both are riding on their coordinators to get the job done, thats why Atlanta has sucked ever since Shanahan left and thats why Niners are where they are is because he went in and made that offense. Gase will never be a good HC because he is a glorified OC and lacks the leadership a HC should have. He blew it in Miami and he is blowing it with Jets. 

Edited by soflbillsfan