Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

25 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Wasn’t it report Gase and Bell talked today and it was positive and both moving forward? The media is the real circus. They  are trying to create a narrative they may not even exist. If we were to trade Bell however, expect that stadium to be empty and for this entire thing to crumble. I don’t see it. 

Exactly. The media jumped on this because they had nothing better to do right now. 

On the ganggreennation.com podcast, where Tony Pauline (the one who broke the story on trouble between Mac and Gase) is a guest, one can hear the following:

Mac and Gase had problems almost before the ink was dry on Gase's contract.

Tony Pauline heard about it at the beginning of FA. He was told by someone in the league whom he trusts that Mac would probably not survive the Anthony Barr situation.

Tony said that almost from the beginning Adam Gase was saying that Mac had to go.

The Jets courted Matt Paradis. Paradis was in NYC at the NFL HQ on the first day of FA. Both his agent and he expected to get a contract offer from the Jets and didn't. The agent was ready to drive to Florham Park and sign the contract. That created a major rift between Mac and Gase. Gase wanted Paradis.

A week before the draft Mac, Gase and another individual from the Jets' FO (Heimerdinger?) went to dinner, aired differences and tried to resolve their issues and seemingly did, but it didn't last because of Gase's personality.

Mac was being overpowering, overburdening.

Tony Pauline heard before the Combine that the Jets were only going to look at 2nd tier FA RBs like Tevin Coleman because they didn't want to spend a lot of money on a RB and they thought that Coleman was a better fit for Gase's offense (outside, zone runner). Le'Veon Bell's agents told Pauline that even before the Sr. Bowl, the Jets were showing little interest in Bell.

Pauline wonders if because of the Barr situation, Mac felt he had to go out and make a big splash.

Pauline said that Gase really wanted TE Daniel Fells, and that when Mac didn't sign him, Gase complained to people outside the organization. He was frustrated that he didn't have the say over personnel that he wanted.

Pauline said that there was a major rift between Mac and Gase, a power struggle, and it was a failure of leadership from Chris Johnson.

Pauline thinks that Mac not signing a starting C and Edge Rusher in FA had a lot to do with the problems.

Mac and Gase have totally opposite personalities. It's known around the league that Mac can't make a decision. He frets over the pros and cons.

He doesn't think that there was any one event or decision that changed Chris Johnson's mind.

He doesn't think Joe Douglas will be allowed to come to the Jets. They have blocked other teams from speaking to him before. He thinks they will offer him a promotion.

Pauline thinks that Woody is better than Chris Johnson. I disagree with that.

• Like 4

The part about Douglas is worrisome. All the rest is exactly why Mac had to go. Guy wasn’t a closer. Truly a terrible GM and I’m glad Gase had the balls to get him out. Gase might be a jerk but at least he has a vision and Mac was clueless. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

The part about Douglas is worrisome. All the rest is exactly why Mac had to go. Guy wasn’t a closer. Truly a terrible GM and I’m glad Gase had the balls to get him out. Gase might be a jerk but at least he has a vision and Mac was clueless. 

I think he’s misinformed about Douglas. Word is his contract with Philly expired.

Gase wanted Daniel Fells?   I have to recheck his status but he must be clear to play football again, no?   Straph Infection and Amputee were words I last heard.

Edit: According to pro football reference, he has not played football since 2015.   WTF were Jets or Gase talking about?

Edited by JetsandI

Darren fells isnt any good anyways.

Rumor is Jets might go after Peyton Manning to be gm lol.

Eagles denied teams Douglas because it was during season, they arent movibg their gm so it would be a moral killer not allowing staff members ability to get a promotion 

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Macc refusing to get Gase any players he wanted was very selfish and stubborn. 

Didn’t Gase say at the press conference that he was going to let the GM be the GM and just worry about being a coach?

I never really liked Mac outside of maintaining cap space. He has a type though. Sucks having him as GM when other teams find him hard to deal with.

i still don’t like Gase. Didn’t like the hire for coach and definitely don’t like him now.

this sucks but whatever. Hopefully bell doesn’t feel a type of way and hopefully it doesn’t trickle down to other players. Wonder how Jamal feels about all of this.

25 minutes ago, DowNY said:

Didn’t Gase say at the press conference that he was going to let the GM be the GM and just worry about being a coach?

Yes. But the GM is bad and Gase’s future rests on his shoulders. He needs a guy he trusts can get the right players in here so Gase can win us games. If Macc was against that then he needed to be 86’d.

50 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Macc and his guys will leak stuff to the media to make Gase look like the bad guy. Don’t let this dictate your opinion of him. 

Why are you such a Gase fan? We can agree that Mac sucked and needed to go. Regardless, Gase still has extreme flaws, starting with his personality. He hasn't won to mask that either.

I think he is a promising offensive mind. However, he was run out of Miami because he is so abrasive. He comes in here vowing to change, doesn't get what he wants and leads a power struggle immediately showing he hasn't changed.