2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

If Durant comes back, it would depend on how close he is to 100%.  I've thought he wouldn't play at all in this series.  He has a ton to risk, too.  If he goes out and plays and further gets hurt, it could impact him into next season and he doesn't want that.  I'm assuming if he was like 70% or 80%, he would play in game 4.  The fact that he's already been ruled out and it's not even a game time decision indicates to me he's not even close to that.

I still don’t think he plays but it is possible. I really have no idea the severity of what he’s dealing with but if it’s a grade 2 calf strain he’s 4 1/2 weeks into a 4-6 week injury timetable. So who knows. 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Awesome.  Fans shouldn't be allowed to do this.  Some people think that just because they're fans (in this case, this guy is an investor and rich) that he can do whatever he wants.

11 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

He dodged a lifetime ban because he owns a very small percentage of the team? A normal fan gets a lifetime ban. 

Celebs/rich people get special treatment. Look no further than the nonsense that happened in January.

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Is KD just going to sit out this series so he doesnt get hurt further so he can max out a deal? I feel like most guys would be out there in the finals considering his injury (that we know about). 

I don't think it's about getting a max deal.  The dude would get that regardless because he's Kevin freaking Durant.  I think his injury is MUCH more serious than what the Warriors originally reported when he first got hurt. 

10 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

He dodged a lifetime ban because he owns a very small percentage of the team? A normal fan gets a lifetime ban. 

Kinda hard to ban an owner, though.

Still, while it doesn't look like a big shove, as an owner, he should know WAY better than to put hands on a player on the opposition.  It might have been a soft push, but it wasn't to help Lowry at all, or for self-defense / protecting others, that's pretty clear.   

The fact it's an owner saves him from a lifetime ban, but it should remove any doubt as to whether the NBA should punish him.  An owner would have zero excuse to stand behind, courtside front row you can't initiate contact with a player ever.  Zero excuse.  

6 minutes ago, Slinky said:

No Durant.

No Klay.

No Looney.

Refs in pocket all playoffs.

If Toronto wins the Finals, it'll have a giant asterisk next to it. 

I hope you had a giant asterisk after Golden State won their championship in 2015 with no Kyrie, Love and Conley being injured.  Then another asterisk when they cheap shotted Kawhi Leonard and caused him to miss their series.  And then another one when the Rockets were up 3-2 and Chris Paul got hurt.

34 minutes ago, Slinky said:

No Durant.

No Klay.

No Looney.

Refs in pocket all playoffs.

If Toronto wins the Finals, it'll have a giant asterisk next to it. 

lol. 

Good thing the only thing that counts towards your season's legacy is the Finals! Some salty Bucks fans on here

Archived