2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

22 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

klay is killing it

Boogie is such an X factor in this series seriously. It’s a shame he’s a shell of himself. I don’t think Gasol or Ibaka could guard him otherwise. Warriors desperately need a low post presence. Right now it’s Steph and Klay, which isn’t enough vs this defense.

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

This.  The guy is doing calf raises and is on the court.  There's no way in hell he could do that if his Achilles was torn.  He has a calf injury, just as you said.

You think KD is stupid enough to try to workout with a torn Achilles? I mean first of all it would be impossible, but dude is just going to risk rest of his career here? No way. I think the mistake early on was to say it was just a grade 1 calf sprain and KD will return in 7-10 days like his prior calf injury.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I agree.  The Nets are in New York City as well.  Doesn't really make any sense to go to the Knicks over the Nets.

That's like saying the Clippers are in LA just like the Lakers… I mean while true that they share the same arena, the brand appeal is completely different. 

10 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Boogie is such an X factor in this series seriously. It’s a shame he’s a shell of himself. I don’t think Gasol or Ibaka could guard him otherwise. Warriors desperately need a low post presence. Right now it’s Steph and Klay, which isn’t enough vs this defense.

They needed his scoring and he just can't provide that. If Iggy/Dray aren't going to take open shots, then the offense will continue to struggle. That's why before the series I just didn't see how they win without KD. Not against this great defensive unit. Raptors have had a few bad stretches defensively this series but overall are so damn disciplined. They know exactly who to leave open and how to defend this team. Iggy/Mckinnie/Dray/Jerebko/Livingston are complete non-factors from the perimeter and it just makes it too difficult on the Splash bros. 

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They needed his scoring and he just can't provide that. If Iggy/Dray aren't going to take open shots, then the offense will continue to struggle. That's why before the series I just didn't see how they win without KD. Not against this great defensive unit. Raptors have had a few bad stretches defensively this series but overall are so damn disciplined. They know exactly who to leave open and how to defend this team. Iggy/Mckinnie/Dray/Jerebko/Livingston are complete non-factors from the perimeter and it just makes it too difficult on the Splash bros. 

Agree. Raptors supporting cast is the reason they’re 3-1 up. So much more reliable than the Warriors. Iggy not hitting shots is a problem. Draymond is missing the shots that he does take and keeps driving into the teeth of the defense when the paint is packed leading to mishaps. 

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Agree. Raptors supporting cast is the reason they’re 3-1 up. So much more reliable than the Warriors. Iggy not hitting shots is a problem. Draymond is missing the shots that he does take and keeps driving into the teeth of the defense when the paint is packed leading to mishaps. 

It's not even the shots they are missing, but the shots they are NOT taking. I'd be fine if they were taking open shots and missing them, but the fact they pass up so many open shots just kills the offense. The Raptors pack the paint well and Gasol/Siakam/Ibaka have been damn good protecting the rim. But Iggy/Dray are making it easy on them since they are allowed to play so off knowing those two won't make them pay. It was embarrassing when Dray got the technical when he passed up a wide open shot to take it right to Siakam who was just waiting for him at the rim. 

But off topic, shout out to Looney for his performance. Dude was hurting so bad and gave it his all. Was just hoping he wouldn't get hit in the collarbone area and wouldn't make his injury worse. Likewise with Klay. 

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You think KD is stupid enough to try to workout with a torn Achilles? I mean first of all it would be impossible, but dude is just going to risk rest of his career here? No way. I think the mistake early on was to say it was just a grade 1 calf sprain and KD will return in 7-10 days like his prior calf injury.

That's like saying the Clippers are in LA just like the Lakers… I mean while true that they share the same arena, the brand appeal is completely different. 

Yea, that's a fair point.  I was saying that more in reference to the people who cited the Knicks as an option because of his outside ventures (his businesses based in NY, television opportunities, etc).  The Nets are still in New York City, so he could play for them and still be in NYC.  Brand wise, yea I agree with you.

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's not even the shots they are missing, but the shots they are NOT taking. I'd be fine if they were taking open shots and missing them, but the fact they pass up so many open shots just kills the offense. The Raptors pack the paint well and Gasol/Siakam/Ibaka have been damn good protecting the rim. But Iggy/Dray are making it easy on them since they are allowed to play so off knowing those two won't make them pay. It was embarrassing when Dray got the technical when he passed up a wide open shot to take it right to Siakam who was just waiting for him at the rim. 

But off topic, shout out to Looney for his performance. Dude was hurting so bad and gave it his all. Was just hoping he wouldn't get hit in the collarbone area and wouldn't make his injury worse. Likewise with Klay. 

Yep, I was raging at Iggy and Dray for not pulling.

Congrats to the Raptors, one heck of a performance this series, and Leonard one heck of a player. 

I think this probably ends in the next game. May even bet on it. But if Warriors sneak out Game 5, I think Warriors definitely take Game 6 (not winning all three in Oakland by any means). And then Game 7 is a toss up but I’d lean GSW due to momentum. 

But yeah, most likely Raptors in 5, and well deserved. But if Warriors sneak it out, Warriors in 7. 

I don't think it's fair to really judge Boogie too hard here, clearly still hurting from the quad. He was playing good basketball after the AS-break. If the achilles injury made him a shell of his former self, than this quad injury made him a shell of a shell of his former self.

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don't think it's fair to really judge Boogie too hard here, clearly still hurting from the quad. He was playing good basketball after the AS-break. If the achilles injury made him a shell of his former self, than this quad injury made him a shell of a shell of his former self.

I don’t think people are criticising boogie because his situation is unfortunate. I think people are expecting more out of desperation. It’s real unfortunate. 

Like @J-ALL-DAY said though Iggy and dray are stagnating the offense. In the Houston series those two were great and Draymond was great in the Portland series because he was hitting shots. This series they’ve been largely non factors in terms of scoring the ball. 

On 6/7/2019 at 2:43 PM, RavensTillIDie said:

Think it all depends on who plays.

If Klay and KD play, yeah I can see the Warriors winning, but if only Klay plays and he's not at 100% then I can see the Raptors going up 3-1. Cousins was clearly running off adrenaline in game two and has yet to fully get his legs back under him. So that really leaves the Warriors with just Curry for scoring, and we saw what happened with that last game.

The Raptors did get the win. I really doubt Durant plays this series. The Warriors are a different team without him and the Raptors are taking advantage of that. 

So apparently there is optimism that Durant returns in game 5. How well he plays? Who knows, but him just being out there may be an internal boost for the team. And then you have to wonder how many minutes he plays. Guessing no more than 25 or so? 

At least the Raptors will have to respect Durant's presence and can't just load up as they have been. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Que up the NBA on NBC into when Jordan returned, "he's backkkkkk."

Too little too late in all likelihood but only chance the Dubs have to win this series. 

I read the first line of your post, gave you a little football, then read the second line and took it back lol 

If Durant plays, I have a lot of confidence in the warriors to win any ONE particular game. You can only win one game at a time. 

I told you before game 4 that he would play in an elimination game.

Archived