2019 CFB/2020 Draft Prospects

DreamKid

Medicals are such a huge part of the draft alongside character, that we never know what to expect.

I don't know how the front offices value a broken leg compared to numerous soft tissue injuries, but having one acl tear in these days isn't as bad as such an injury used to be. 

In a college season that is 3-4 months long from the first game, a relatively small but untimely injury can mean a complete season lost for a prospect, so DJ's statement has some nuances to it

There is a bit about YGM in this article, where he apparently tried to cheat the Patriots by having his cousin run a 40 yard dash, but YGM got caught in the proces

https://russellstreetreport.com/2020/04/01/lombardis-way/suh/

If that is true and teams are aware of it. Combined with the bullying incident, YGM might be one of those surprise falls during the draft due to character concerns.

21 minutes ago, Danand said:

There is a bit about YGM in this article, where he apparently tried to cheat the Patriots by having his cousin run a 40 yard dash, but YGM got caught in the proces

https://russellstreetreport.com/2020/04/01/lombardis-way/suh/

If that is true and teams are aware of it. Combined with the bullying incident, YGM might be one of those surprise falls during the draft due to character concerns.

Outside of McFarland their cap guy, RSR is a joke- of the worst kind. And that's an April Fools article. They try to create waves with one every year.

Edited by DreamKid
  • Like 1

My latest WR crush is Justin Jefferson and I think this one's gonna stick. Just looks so smooth/natural out there, dominated in a tough conference, ran a diverse tree, big body who can get yards after catch, can line up inside or outside... I just don't see any major weaknesses. In some ways feels like a more attainable version of Jeudy and I think would pair really well with Hollywood. Trade up by a couple of spots especially if Philly's not zeroed in on him feels very doable as well. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

6 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Lynn Bowden Jr is becoming my favorite Day 2 prospect. He would be a great fit in our offense and our new returner.

Is that you? :ph34r:

But seriously, in a draft class this stacked at WR, I don't see why you'd spend a Day 2 pick on him when there's every chance guys like Bryan Edwards or Michael Pittman Jr could be available in the 4th

I was on twitter discussing prospects with Michael Crawford. He put some plays from Bowden and Gibson on display and both of those are players I think we should consider in the 3rd round.

In my opinion, we need a speed element on the outside and a slot element. Bowden and Gibson fit that latter and both could be returners/gadget players. They are playmakers.

Edwards and Pittmann would be nice additions as well, but I like the versatility in Bowden and Gibson.

9 hours ago, Danand said:

I was on twitter discussing prospects with Michael Crawford. He put some plays from Bowden and Gibson on display and both of those are players I think we should consider in the 3rd round.

In my opinion, we need a speed element on the outside and a slot element. Bowden and Gibson fit that latter and both could be returners/gadget players. They are playmakers.

Edwards and Pittmann would be nice additions as well, but I like the versatility in Bowden and Gibson.

I’m not sure who Gibson is at WR so I can’t comment on his prospects, but with Bowden... even though I’ve taken him in some TDN mocks, I think he’s purely a gadget player. The most receiving yards and receiving TDs he’s ever had were 745 yds and 5 TDs, now the argument that he was switched to QB this season halfway though doesn’t really matter to me because this offense already has enough “gadget” to it IMO. We need guys that can get yards straight up outside of scheme. Hollywood Brown and Mark Andrews are our only guys that I feel confident in that manner.

I don’t mind adding a gadget option that can play special teams such as Bowden, but if we’re going to go that route it’s IMO more about him being someone we can draft with little expectations in year one. He’s the second option in a double dip to a far more polished option. Bowden is going to be 23 mid season, his breakout age was 40th percentile. His production at WR leaves things to be desired. If we take him I want him as a special teams player that we hope that by year 3 he might be someone that can contribute in a bigger way on that side of the ball... someone that can sort of be an upgraded version of Chris Moore.

I definitely wouldn’t have his gadgetry above Bryan Edwards who has a ridiculous breakout age of 17.8 (100th percentile) playing in the SEC. A guy who can operate from the X and A positions of the offense and produce legit target shares consistently over his career. He has great size to present a better catch radius for Lamar, he’s got nice zone awareness, and an ability to get open in short spaces (like Andrews). I can’t see another fringe day 2-3 receiver showing superior abilities over Edwards. What’s more given the Virus making pre-draft work a bit more of a problem, having drafted from that USC well before with Hurst and with the close proximity, I’m sure we’ve seen a good amount of Edwards in practice and spoken with people who know him well... plus with how we’ve had to rehab a couple players from broken foots already... I’m sure our front office will be in a better position to draft Edwards on day 3 than most teams that might be scared away.

Therefore I see a fantastic bargain, especially if the season is pushed back for any reason (allowing him more time to recover).

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 2

I don't know how much stock to put in that breakout age. I do Like Bowden though as more than a gadget type player, and in our offense he would get limited touches/targets anyway, so I don't mind that at all. I also like Bryan Edwards in the same area, just because it is pretty obvious he is a good receiver. I don't think there is much more to say about it. He is good, but not the greatest athlete or was at the most prolific school, which is why he isn't talked about more.

I found it interesting that Javon Kinlaw met with the Bills this week via FaceTime. What's interesting about his meeting with Buffalo is that the Bills don't have a first-round pick.

Do you think they could be expecting him to drop due to uncertainty around his knee? 

Edited by BareYourTeeth