OTA/Camp Observations 2019

DreamKid

9 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Is Tyus Bowser alive? If so, can we just trade all future 2nd round picks? That round is cursed.

Bowser has done well so far. He, Pernell McPhee, and Tim Williams have been the standouts from what I've read.

From just yesterday- "Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser both looked good today. Getting what would have been sacks if they were hitting. Jaylon Ferguson,Shane Ray and Pernell McPhee looked pedestrian to me".  That's from Ian Schultz, he writes for both Charm City and Ebony Bird I believe. 

I don't know what you're expecting to hear or where you're looking, but reports on our young guys have been positive. Expect for Jaylon Ferguson, he's kind of been dragged lately. 

On 7/31/2019 at 1:46 AM, DreamKid said:

As Marquise works his way in, I wonder if we'll hear of him being tested out on return duty. I don't expect or want him to be the main returner. Turning to him at key times, like we did with Ed, could be an option though. He's a speed fiend with top tier open field ability. If we're desperate for a score it's a good Ace in the hole to have.

Looks like they are! Interesting.

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Bowser has done well so far. He, Pernell McPhee, and Tim Williams have been the standouts from what I've read.

From just yesterday- "Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser both looked good today. Getting what would have been sacks if they were hitting. Jaylon Ferguson,Shane Ray and Pernell McPhee looked pedestrian to me".  That's from Ian Schultz, he writes for both Charm City and Ebony Bird I believe. 

I don't know what you're expecting to hear or where you're looking, but reports on our young guys have been positive. Expect for Jaylon Ferguson, he's kind of been dragged lately. 

For guys like Bowser, I'm expecting to hear that he's tearing up camp in his 3rd year. That doesn't seem to be the case, tbh. One good practice so far out of a week for a guy who desperately needs to be better than below-average this year is not a promising sign for a former 2nd round pick.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

For guys like Bowser, I'm expecting to hear that he's tearing up camp in his 3rd year. That doesn't seem to be the case, tbh. One good practice so far out of a week for a guy who desperately needs to be better than below-average this year is not a promising sign for a former 2nd round pick.

At best he's 4th in the OLB pecking order behind Judon, McPhee, Timmy. A bit disheartening for a 3rd year 2nd round player.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Yup.. with him, Marlon, Iman, and Tavon we're looking good at CB in 2020 even if Carr and Jimmy both leave.

If we would let Smith and Carr walk, we would be pretty well set, and next years cornerback class could be really good, so we could double dip in that one in the middle rounds and get really good talent

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What are you talking about? I only cited notes from just that one practice because it was so recent. Bowser has received steady praise for both pressures and coverage since camp has started. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

What are you talking about? I only cited notes from just that one practice because it was so recent. Bowser has received steady praise for both pressures and coverage since camp has started. 

I mean I could be wrong, but I haven't heard Jeff Z or BaltimoreBeatdown or really anyone praise Bowser or say he's doing anything noticeable or anything to standout yet - and to me that's really telling, especially like I said for a guy who really has to stand out this year to even sniff the roster.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I mean I could be wrong, but I haven't heard Jeff Z or BaltimoreBeatdown or really anyone praise Bowser or say he's doing anything noticeable or anything to standout yet - and to me that's really telling, especially like I said for a guy who really has to stand out this year to even sniff the roster.

You're wrong, and you should take in information from more outlets. Camp is a puzzle where observers put out what they see. You need to follow all of the observes to put together the puzzle. RSR specifically has done a great job following the EDGE groups' contributions in camp thus far. As I said, the only guy that has been knocked somewhat is Jaylon Ferguson. Looks like today he had a pick though, so things are moving in the right direction.