OTA/Camp Observations 2019

DreamKid

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Ravens WR Miles Boykin vs. Jags DB Quentin Meeks pic.twitter.com/bI3paErGew

— Kyle P. Barber (@BB_KylePBarber) August 5, 2019

After watching the athleticism, the route, and the hands by Boykin there, you can easily see why he’s been torching our corners. It looks like we just might’ve found something with him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

After watching the athleticism, the route, and the hands by Boykin there, you can easily see why he’s been torching our corners. It looks like we just might’ve found something with him.

That change of direction at that size is special. I'm all in on buying the hype. It's going to happen this time. We are going to produce a good receiver.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

That change of direction at that size is special. I'm all in on buying the hype. It's going to happen this time. We are going to produce a good receiver.

Yup. He’s got everything that we thought we had in Breshad Perriman. Similar field speed, similar acceleration, the superb athletic profile. Only Miles has hands that have consistently gotten the job done, better utilization of his frame to open up space, and a nice route smoothness.

Then I analyze which receiver in last years offense he most resembles and I look at Crabtree. When I think about how Lamar leaned on Crabtree a decent bit to make the big plays and how Crabtree’s failures usually resulted from him either a) dropping the ball and b) lacking the athleticism to separate from higher level corners. So I see that and look at Crabtree and I have to wonder if Boykin doesn’t replace Crabtree with a better version of the skillet he brought to the table.

I reserve my right to remain skeptic until I see QB's and WR's in action when there is a pass rush, disguised coverage and a lot of footsteps approaching receivers going vertical and over the middle. 

(But I hope hope hope wish for, that we finally have some talent at the position)

• Like 4