2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

In starting to think queen isn't bad but played on a more loaded defense than Murray and I think Murray reminds me almost like a Josh Jacobs of the defense. Dude comes plays hard, good personality for a leader of defense. I could see him and J Abrams playing well together.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

Hurts arm isn't the problem. He can throw just fine in shorts (as we have seen at the combine). It's the games that I question. He stares down his 1st read worse than most QBs and is horrible under pressure. He would need to sit for at least 2 years IMO. 

It's interesting you like Love who stares down his first read to an almost ridiculous level.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Love doesn’t play anything like Allen. Herbert plays almost identical to him. Loves a hard comparison, but he plays like Mahomes more than any other QB. Although I hate comparing him to Mahomes, because, you know, it’s Mahomes. 

Again... lazy comparison. Aside from size and arm talent, they are nothing alike.

Allen had a low completion percentage in college at 56% compared to Herbert's 67%. Herbert ran 3 different offenses, he reads can read defenses and anticipate throws.

Allen like LOVE was a one read, throw it passer who can fit the ball in tight spots, but lacks anticipation and those lags from read to throw end up in bad decisions and INTs. Both were erratic throwers who need to work on seeing the field and reading defenses. 

I like Love, was among the first to sing his praises, but you can't discount the drop off in accuracy and increased interceptions from this past season. We've detailed the excuses, but he's also got some major flaws in his game right now.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

However, Herberts ceiling literally comes no where close to Loves. Like, no where close. Herberts ceiling is a more accurate Josh Allen (not much more accurate) and will need a Top 5 OL 100%. Colts and Saints are great landing spots for him, especially the Saints. If there is one coach that can make Herbert look great, it’s Sean Payton. 

Loves ceiling is literally Top 3 QB stuff. And I’m very confident Love will learn defenses at the next level and put it all together. His 2018 season was spectacular. And I watched a video where out of 17 INTs he had this year, 9 of those were tips or he had nobody open on the play, not even a step, on 3rd down. Some food for thought. 

lol..... Why? He's the better athlete. Has an "Al Davis standard" arm talent. But more importantly has shown he has the mental capacity to pickup and offense. Love makes a lot of bad decision. Doesn't trust his eyes, delays throwing after reading the receiver and that hitch leads to INTs.

I like Love, but he has a loooong way to go in mentally processing the game. 

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

And I watched a video where out of 17 INTs he had this year, 9 of those were tips or he had nobody open on the play, not even a step, on 3rd down.

Here are all his 2019 INTs. Further proof of you bending the truth to fit your narrative or seeing what you want to see. You can put maybe 2 on a tipped pass. And one on a RB bobbling the ball.  

Trying to say 9 of those were tipped or he had nobody open is laughable. First, if nobody is open, then you DON'T throw the ball there, that's QB 101. 

His INTs were mostly terrible decisions. Overthrows from the pocket. Staring down his first read and letting the defender get the break on it. Or YOLO balls he had no business throwing up.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's interesting you like Love who stares down his first read to an almost ridiculous level.

I like that you brought this up. Every QB in this class outside of the top 2 have this problem. But some have it worse than others. When Love looks at his 1st read, it's with a quick delivery in mind. When Hurts looks at his 1st read, he doesn't always deliver the ball quickly. At times, he literally won't turn his head just stares down Lamb or whoever.

You have Love being selected by the Raiders at #12 if the worse case scenario happened. If Love were drafted by the Raiders at #19, I wouldn't be happy with it, but I would be ok. I have consistently said that I have a 2nd round grade on him.

Hurts needs a very simplified passing offense that also incorporates designed QB runs to be effective. Love can play in almost any offense with time to learn.

I’m not a scout, and I’ve asked this before. Is it concerning that Ruggs 4/6 best games came against non power 5 teams where he was clearly the best athlete on the field? Just interesting to me. 

Edited by Blazer026

23 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I’m not a scout, and I’ve asked this before. Is it concerning that Ruggs 4/6 best games came against non power 5 teams where he was clearly the best athlete on the field? Just interesting to me. 

That’s fair, but i think his potential is extremely high. He’ll blow past DBs even in the NFL, he’ll need to develop more technique but unlike most fast guys he can actually catch. That being said I cant see the Raiders putting him up high on their board because he doesn’t play all the spots. 

Although i person ally like Ruggs a lot and his potential, he could be the best guy in this group in a few years. The thing is I don’t think Mayock wants to wait a few years. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

That being said I cant see the Raiders putting him up high on their board because he doesn’t play all the spots. 

If true that is a major point. Do Jeudy and Lamb move around lot? Every WR needs to be able to play the X Y Z.

1 hour ago, Blazer026 said:

Alabama had such an embarrassment of riches that he didn't get nearly as many targets as he would've at 99% of other schools across the country. Josh Jacobs didn't even go over 100+ yards once during his final year there. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Vic Tafur said he gets the sense Kinlaw is to raw for the Raiders and is more of what they already have inside. Look for them to add DT in FA. 

Free agency is going to have such a huge impact on how we attack the draft. 

• Like 2

12. Isaiah Simmons | LB | Clemson

19. Grant Delpit | S | LSU

80. Jalen Hurts | QB | Oklahoma

81. Cam Akers | RB | Florida State

91. Netane Muti | OG | Fresno State

111. Joe Bachie Jr | LB | Michigan State

141. Michael Pittman Jr | WR | USC