2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

You better not leave this forum. I can't wait to remind you how wrong you are. You are not a scout, you don't know what makes a good QB. You fall in love with the most recent flash in a pan QB and look for Comps, like the rest of FANS. 

Carr and the Raiders will win the AFC over Mahomes this year.

Murray will not be on an NFL roster in 4 years. And will struggle massively this year.

Mahomes will struggle through injury riddled seasons for the next few years and eventually fade and he and his massive 200M contract will be released. 

These QBs like Kaepernick, Allen, Mahomes, and Love will never last. They will never be the norm. They will always be a flash in the pan and then fade.

These are bold claims, so I also hope you are on the forum. 

However, what’s the point if you are the forum? You kept predicting the Niners to go 8-8. Every time they won a couple games, you increased it by a game and still called em frauds. Even at 6-0, you were claiming 8-8. At 8-0 you were claiming 10-6 lol. This all verifiable. 

Advanced issue found

17 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

These QBs like Kaepernick, Allen, Mahomes, and Love will never last. They will never be the norm. They will always be a flash in the pan and then fade.

One of these is not like the other, and I don't mean the white guy.

Mahomes gets lumped with the Jacksons and Watsons of the world, but mobility is not what sets him apart as a player as it does with the latter two. Mahomes success is based on his arm, not his legs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Example? I want to know what you see as a hot take, genuinely curious. 

I’m not even trying to start another fight but do you really not think your comments on Carr, Love, Herbert aren’t edgy “hot takes”?  
I mean you do admit their Your opinions and not facts, right?

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

However, what’s the point if you are the forum? You kept predicting the Niners to go 8-8. Every time they won a couple games, you increased it by a game and still called em frauds. Even at 6-0, you were claiming 8-8. At 8-0 you were claiming 10-6 lol. This all verifiable. 

The niners are frauds. They caught fire and rode a wave to the Superbowl. They won't even make the playoffs next year. They are not a talented team.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because he is the blind oracle. His Mahomes claims and he knows Grudens playbook and can write it is good enough to draw the conclusion. Grandiose 100%

• Like 1

Idk it won't let me quote you @Rich7sena but idk if you noticed but I didn't put Watson or Jackson in that list. 

I think Vick showed us that, that type of QB, while rarely successful, can be successful. 

The QBs I listed to fall in that category. 

6 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Idk it won't let me quote you @Rich7sena but idk if you noticed but I didn't put Watson or Jackson in that list. 

I think Vick showed us that, that type of QB, while rarely successful, can be successful. 

The QBs I listed to fall in that category. 

Then what would you say binds them (Kaepernick, Allen, Mahomes) besides mobility? I think Mahomes is very different from those two. To me, he's Aaron Rodgers redux. I'd also argue Mahomes has already been a success: AFC Championship and Super Bowl Champion in back-to-back years. I really don't see how his career hasn't already been worthwhile for the Chiefs, even if it is short. I think the Panthers would gladly take Newton's career.

For the record, I do think Jackson is a good QB now, but I doubt his long-term viability because his success is based on his legs. I said as much in his draft. Watson I think is more mercurial as a passer as some are willing to admit. A lot of blame goes to O'Brien when I think that team's success and limitations start and stop with Watson. I wonder how good his will be as he slows down, athletically.

My overall conclusion is that mobile QBs whose mobility is the basis of their success are short-term players with limited ceilings. I do not see Mahomes as this type of player. To me, he's tried and true in the tradition of players before him.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m not even trying to start another fight but do you really not think your comments on Carr, Love, Herbert aren’t edgy “hot takes”?  
I mean you do admit their Your opinions and not facts, right?

They are opinions, absolutely. How are they “hot takes”? Derek Carr is seen as an average quarterback across the league. Right there in the 16-21 range. I think he’s around 19-20, maybe very slightly worse than most people think. You have to venture out of Raider land to see real opinions on Derek Carr. It’s not a “hot take”. Most non-raider fans and analysts think he’s average or even a little below average. You recently said in the Derek Carr thread “Can’t get any of these guys to admit he’s at least average”. That’s not true at all and you are exaggerating. None of us think Carr is terrible. We think he’s average or below average. I think he’s below average. 

As for Jordan Love... how is that a “hot take”? Love is Ranked Top 20 on many boards. I’d say he’s Top 20 across at least 40% of all boards you see on the internet (very conservative estimate). Including #18 for Daniel Jeremiah and above Justin Herbert. S***ing on Love is more of a FF and Draftnik thing and more “hot take” than anything. 

So how are they hot takes? I honestly don’t get it...

58 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

You better not leave this forum. I can't wait to remind you how wrong you are. You are not a scout, you don't know what makes a good QB. You fall in love with the most recent flash in a pan QB and look for Comps, like the rest of FANS. 

Carr and the Raiders will win the AFC over Mahomes this year.

Murray will not be on an NFL roster in 4 years. And will struggle massively this year.

Mahomes will struggle through injury riddled seasons for the next few years and eventually fade and he and his massive 200M contract will be released. 

Don't forget MVP Lamar Jackson.  You get it and once Jackson loses 1 fraction of a step his career will end up like RG3.  

People jock because fans love the flash but the guy is so far from a long term answer at Qb it isn't funny.

39 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

As a person who typically doesn't wear his emotion on his sleeve, I strongly disagree.

If you love the sport your competitive. That's part of the love. Doesn't mean u have to do back flips. But ur desire and competitiveness show in other ways.