2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

* Trades * 

Las Vegas receives: #8 

Arizona receives: #12, #80, 2021 3rd round pick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Las Vegas receives: #29, #61, 

Tennesse receives: #19 (Jordan Love) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. Isaiah Simmons | LB | Clemson

29. Denzel Mims | WR | Baylor

61. Antoine Winfield Jr | S | Minnesota

81. Darrell Taylor | Edge | Tennessee

91. Akeem Davis-Gaither | LB | Appalachian State

111. Antonio Gibson | RB/WR | Memphis

141. Michael Onwenu | OG | Michigan 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not taking BPA/player specific draft slot into account, is there a consensus on here of what our primary needs are?

I've got LB, CB, WR, and RB2 as my top 4 in that order. Wondering if anyone else has other opinions.

My top 4

1) WR1

2) MLB

3) WLB

4) CB 

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

* Trades * 

Las Vegas receives: #8 

Arizona receives: #12, #80, 2021 3rd round pick

Las Vegas receives: #29, #61, 

Tennesse receives: #19 (Jordan Love) 

8. Isaiah Simmons | LB | Clemson

29. Denzel Mims | WR | Baylor

61. Antoine Winfield Jr | S | Minnesota

81. Darrell Taylor | Edge | Tennessee

91. Akeem Davis-Gaither | LB | Appalachian State

111. Antonio Gibson | RB/WR | Memphis

141. Michael Onwenu | OG | Michigan 

A+ draft. Love Mims. Excellent value at 31. Simmons at 8 and Winfield at 61 are all fantastic picks. I’m pretty confident Winfield goes Top 50 though. 

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not taking BPA/player specific draft slot into account, is there a consensus on here of what our primary needs are?

I've got LB, CB, WR, and RB2 as my top 4 in that order. Wondering if anyone else has other opinions.

LB, WR, CB, RB, DL

New Mock in Mock Section. Spent quite a bit of time on this one. I'll quote it so you can read here:

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mockdraft/Fwnyy3XNxp

(Two Rounds)

Trades:

Chargers trade 2020 3rd and 2021 2nd for OT Trent Williams

Chargers trade 2020 1st (#6), 2021 1st, and 2020 4th for Lions 2020 1st (#3), and 2021 3rd

Bills trade 2020 1st (#22) and 2020 2nd to Broncos for 2020 1st (#15) and 2020 5th

Free Agent Signings:

QB Dak Prescott to Cowboys (obviously)

QB Tom Brady signs 2 year deal with Patriots (not confident in this at all, could easily be Titans/Raiders)

QB Ryan Tannehil signs 4 year deal with Titans

QB Philip Rivers signs 2 year deal with Colts

QB Jameis Winston signs 1 year 31M deal with Bucs

QB Marcus Mariota signs 1 year deal 16M with Chargers

WR AJ Green re-signs with Bengals.

CB Byron Jones signs 4 year deal with Raiders.

EDGE Jadaveon Clowney signs 3 year deal with Eagles.

WR Robby Anderson signs 2 year deal with Patriots.

Please Read Mock Draft (link above) before reading on.

Draft Notes:

- I fully expect Dolphins or Chargers to trade up for Tua. Considering Dolphins are rebuilding, and Chargers are win-now mode, especially with a Top 5 Defense, I'll say Chargers this time around. Tua is a Franchise QB and Keenan Allen/Mike Williams are as good as a combo as it gets. Offensive Line needs help which is why I have them trading for Trent Williams and drafting Cesar Ruiz. Chargers are going all in for the Super Bowl the next three seasons. Not rebuilding. Not with that defense. Window is now.

- Panthers surprise with Jordan Love, who I think is QB3 in this class. Love has everything you want in a QB. Laser arm, great accuracy, great pocket presence, mobility, and able to make plays off script. He needs a year on the bench to learn defenses. Many criticize him for INTs but his HC gave him the go ahead to try to make plays for poor offense. I mean, it's Utah State for crying out loud. This also gives the Panthers a year to audition Cam Newton for other teams.

- I don't think Brown will tumble like some are suggesting and I think he's an excellent fit in Detroit.

- Colts nab speedster Ruggs III in a star studded offense, which now has Philip Rivers at the helm, a perfect fit for what the Colts do.

- Bills trade up (something Beane isn't afraid to do) to get a perfect fit for their offense: CeeDee Lamb. Lamb and Brown complement each other extremely well. Allen needs a physical strong WR opposite Brown. I'm a big fan of Brown and think this could be one of the best WR combos in the NFL.

- Broncos get the guy they want at 22, which is why they traded down: Denzel Mims. Mims at 15 is a little rich. I feel they need speed opposite Sutton and Mims is that guy that can do just about everything you want and has 4.39 speed. Sutton/Mims could end up the best WR combo in the entire NFL... ugh!

- Raiders surprise everyone with S Grant Delpit at 19. Obviously Queen/Murray are the picks 95% of the time here. But will Mayock have a Top 25 Grade on either of them? I'm not sure he will, especially on Murray. Mayock is all about value. He almost certainly has a Top 20 Grade on Delpit. Besides his tackling issues that can be coached up (and he tackled great in the CFB playoffs) Delpit was a Top 5 College Prospect entering the 2019 season. And outside of tackling, Delpit is one of the most well rounded safetys I've ever seen. He's gonna be an All-Pro in my opinion. Him and Abram could be the new Legion of Boom. Also, Gruden just commented last week that Joyner is staying at Nickel Corner and not moving to Free Safety. Although that could change I guess.

- Saints need a playmaking WR2 and I feel Aiyuk is that guy. Aiyuk is a very well rounded WR and can take any catch to the house, and is a weapon from anywhere on the field, short, intermediate, and deep.

- I don't see Herbert going Top 10 like a lot of people project. His range is 13-24 in this draft in my honest opinion. Here I have him going 18 to the Dolphins, who missed out on the Tua sweepstakes.

- In the 2nd Round, I have Eason going to Tampa Bay which seems like a perfect fit with his arm strength. Also solid insurance to Winston. I also have Fromm going to Chicago who can compete with Trubisky. Fromm is a solid game manager that could be exactly what the Bears need with their high level defense.

- 49ers need a CB but they also need to sure up the Interior Offensive Line. Chris Jones mauled them in the Super Bowl. They also had trouble in the 1st Seattle game. Cushenberry is the best guard in the draft in my opinion.

- I think Gross-Matos is a good fit for Atlanta. I'm higher on Gross-Matos than most, and he's that usual "potential" guy that they love. I see a lot of Aldon Smith in Gross-Matos.

- Vikings need a CB but they also need to get beefier on both the DL/OL. 49ers absolutely mauled them in the trenches on both sides of the ball. It was a beat down.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

(Read Mock Above for description, but here is continued version and 4 Rounds)

12. WR Jerry Jeudy - Alabama

19. S Grant Delpit - LSU

80. QB Jalen Hurts - Oklahoma

81. WR Michael Pittman Jr. - USC

91. EDGE Alton Robinson - Syracuse

Round 4. OG Ben Bartch - St. Johns

Notes:

- Obviously we will have to take care of LB in FA if it plays out this way. This is a draft that we received a ridiculous amount of value on. I've stated the reasons I want Delpit. He has the potential to be a Top 5 player of this class if he cleans up the tackling. Outside of tackling, one of the most well rounded safetys to come out in years. Gruden said Joyner is staying at Nickel. Harris is not the answer.

- We still need more EDGE players and Mayock is good at Mid-Round EDGE guys. Enter Alton Robinson.

- Jalen Hurts will be drafted as a gadget guy. I don't ever expect him to be our starter. But if he succeeds Carr and develops into a starting QB, sweet.

- Highlights music free for you guys, hate that stuff too. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

19. S Grant Delpit - LSU

Notes:

- Obviously we will have to take care of LB in FA if it plays out this way. This is a draft that we received a ridiculous amount of value on. I've stated the reasons I want Delpit. He has the potential to be a Top 5 player of this class if he cleans up the tackling. Outside of tackling, one of the most well rounded safetys to come out in years. Gruden said Joyner is staying at Nickel. Harris is not the answer.

- We still need more EDGE players and Mayock is good at Mid-Round EDGE guys. Enter Alton Robinson.

- Jalen Hurts will be drafted as a gadget guy. I don't ever expect him to be our starter. But if he succeeds Carr and develops into a starting QB, sweet.

I liked Alton last year hellllla bad he kinda fell off tho but good motor 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

19. S Grant Delpit - LSU

Notes:

- Highlights music free for you guys, hate that stuff too. 

No big complaints if we handle free agency properly with a couple LBs.

I have Delpit as my 17th Ranked Player, Queen as my 22nd Ranked Player, and Murray as my 30th Ranked Player. Although big gap between Delpit and Queen. And I do feel Safety is a need despite others feeling comfortable with Harris. We could completely transform our secondary into an All-Star team. Byron Jones/Trayvon Mullen/Grant Delpit/Jonathan Abram. 

If Queen is the pick at 19 though I’m totally on board. Just feel Delpit there is insane value. 

Edited by BayRaider

Dan Orlovsky on Loves INTs: 2 tips, 2 wrong routes, 3 hit WRs in the chest, 3 hail marrys at end of game down a billion scores. That’s 10 of his 17. And I believe he had 6 in 2018. 

As I’ve said a million times, his INTs have nothing to do with accuracy. He is one of the most accurate throwers in this class. Usually dead on the money and can deliver a laser or use touch. He’s much more accurate than Justin Herbert. 

The unique thing about Love is he can throw from a ridiculous number of arm slots similar to Mahomes. No one else in this class can do that. 

Don’t be shocked if Panthers nab their Franchise guy at 7. 

It’d also be very interesting if Love was on the board at 12 and we don’t get to sign Brady. Ahh the NFL Draft, full of non stop surprises. 1st Round is more enjoyable than a lot of the regular season. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I have Delpit as my 17th Ranked Player, Queen as my 22nd Ranked Player, and Murray as my 30th Ranked Player. Although big gap between Delpit and Queen. And I do feel Safety is a need despite others feeling comfortable with Harris. We could completely transform our secondary into an All-Star team. Byron Jones/Trayvon Mullen/Grant Delpit/Jonathan Abram. 

If Queen is the pick at 19 though I’m totally on board. Just feel Delpit there is insane value. 

It depends on how much we attack LB/CB in the offseason. I'm fine with Delpit as a high-end free safety. He has the range to be a star and I do like the idea of creating a formidable secondary to go with a good pass rush.

Personally in today's NFL, I feel like a GOOD pass rush and a near elite secondary>>>the other way around because very good corners/safeties can allow you to neutralize the quick passing game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

As I’ve said a million times, his INTs have nothing to do with accuracy. He is one of the most accurate throwers in this class. Usually dead on the money and can deliver a laser or use touch. He’s much more accurate than Justin Herbert. 

Nobody is questioning his accuracy on INTs. It's his locking onto the WR, not reading the defense and forcing throws. He trusts his arm to much at times and that gets him in trouble.

I love everything about Love from a skillset. But question his ability to grasp offenses and read defenses at the next level.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It depends on how much we attack LB/CB in the offseason. I'm fine with Delpit as a high-end free safety. He has the range to be a star and I do like the idea of creating a formidable secondary to go with a good pass rush.

Personally in today's NFL, I feel like a GOOD pass rush and a near elite secondary>>>the other way around because very good corners/safeties can allow you to neutralize the quick passing game.

I don't think Delpit is going to pass Mayock's evaluation. Two many missed tackles, doesn't play physical which are staples for Mayock. He's to finesse of a player IMO for Mayock and Guenther. Though I think he's a very skilled player. I just think Mayock wants a certain breed on defense and it starts with being physical.