2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

I had us taking Ferrell at 4, so I don't get it.

Well most didn’t have him going so high. Again my point was simply anything can happen. Ferrell, Miller, Hall, all guys that most believed we drafted too early. 

5 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

Well most didn’t have him going so high. Again my point was simply anything can happen. Ferrell, Miller, Hall, all guys that most believed we drafted too early. 

This is a problem... when you say "most believed we drafted to early" who is "most". Because "most" teams don't think we over drafted Miller or Ferrell. The media sucks and don't know much about teams values on players until after the fact. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

This is a problem... when you say "most believed we drafted to early" who is "most". Because "most" teams don't think we over drafted Miller or Ferrell. The media sucks and don't know much about teams values on players until after the fact. 

I agree haha but maybe teams really like shenault. Who knows. Not us. I’m not predicting we take him at 12 I’m just saying that draft night is full of surprises. Maybe Ferrell was a bad example but I thought he was drafted early. 

raiders-fan-clelin-ferrell.jpg

Edited by FreshPrince

Dantzler is a mf. The guy gives no ****s. Did a great job on Jamarr Chase and CEH. Alpha mentality, Abram will probably be in Mayocks ear about him. I want him across from Mullen if we don't get a vet.

Troy Pride is a safer bet with athletic testing, but Dantzler did serious damage in the SEC.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Dantzler is a mf. The guy gives no ****s. Did a great job on Jamarr Chase and CEH. Alpha mentality, Abram will probably be in Mayocks ear about him. I want him across from Mullen if we don't get a vet.

Troy Pride is a safer bet with athletic testing, but Dantzler did serious damage in the SEC.

Didn't he time horribly at the combine? He's an absolute dog. Reminds me of McKenzie Alexander a little in that regard. Alpha but questionable speed.

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Didn't he time horribly at the combine? He's an absolute dog. Reminds me of McKenzie Alexander a little in that regard. Alpha but questionable speed.

4.64 is pretty bad.

He did but when I watched him he looked pretty fluid and had no problem keeping up with Chase. Not many guys could. Worth a gamble in the 3rd, where I think he'll be available.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FreshPrince said:

I agree haha but maybe teams really like shenault. Who knows. Not us. I’m not predicting we take him at 12 I’m just saying that draft night is full of surprises. Maybe Ferrell was a bad example but I thought he was drafted early. 

raiders-fan-clelin-ferrell.jpg

Shenault is totally a 1st round WR. 

if we don't get a cb or safety signed, then im hoping ...

12-lamb

19-trade down

from there id rather go safety, imo the value is better for delpit,dugger,mckinney or Winfield jr. closer to end of 1rst, then use the extra pick on someone like pride jr. etc later in the 2nd or 3rd. just my opinion. I don't believe the best safety prospects will make it to our picks in the 3rd, and id hate for us to reach, so hopefully we could find a trade down partner.

3 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

if we don't get a cb or safety signed, then im hoping ...

12-lamb

19-trade down

from there id rather go safety, imo the value is better for delpit,dugger,mckinney or Winfield jr. closer to end of 1rst, then use the extra pick on someone like pride jr. etc later in the 2nd or 3rd. just my opinion. I don't believe the best safety prospects will make it to our picks in the 3rd, and id hate for us to reach, so hopefully we could find a trade down partner.

We just need 1 vet but youth in the secondary isn't inherently bad. Better than guys with shot legs who can't play (cough cough reggie nelson).

• Like 1

im jus trying to fill the position, I`ll get torched for it but I really like dugger, hes got really good skills, he`s not 5 10.lol I believe his versatility and mckinneys would be very useful for PG. im still hoping for harris fwiw.

Edited by Devilshark69

Ferrell was widely considered as the logical choice for us at #4 when the first mock drafts came out once the season ended.  Just because some fans with websites dropped him a bit after the combine, etc doesn’t mean he magically became a late 1st prospect.

Yes, Josh Allen was a higher rated player but he didn’t fit our system as well.  He also got a lot of sacks from scheme / being unblocked.

In a dream world we trade down to 8-12 and take Ferrell but it was widely reported that wasn’t a viable option when the draft was in progress.

overall, it was a decent pick.  Wasn’t great value but we got our guy.  We could have done worse.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ferrell was widely considered as the logical choice for us at #4 when the first mock drafts came out once the season ended.  Just because some fans with websites dropped him a bit after the combine, etc doesn’t mean he magically became a late 1st prospect.

Yes, Josh Allen was a higher rated player but he didn’t fit our system as well.  He also got a lot of sacks from scheme / being unblocked.

In a dream world we trade down to 8-12 and take Ferrell but it was widely reported that wasn’t a viable option when the draft was in progress.

overall, it was a decent pick.  Wasn’t great value but we got our guy.  We could have done worse.

Didn’t mean to turn this into a Ferrell discussion. Wasn’t even saying it was a bad pick. Just tried pointing out that the draft is unpredictable. I used Ferrell as an example because I thought he was considered a bit of a reach but clearly I was mistaken. I’ll take the L.