2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Grant Delpit is who I'm liking at 19 right now. Yes, he had a down year I agree. But you're buying into it just being an off-year. Great size fits the mold of what the Raiders like. He would fit perfectly with Abram. Delpit is a matchup piece for the Raiders can line him up on TE's/ play him in single high and also blitz him. His versatility and playmaking ability is much needed. Buy low on a player that should really be a top 10 player. 

12. Henry Ruggs

19. Grant Delpit 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Grant Delpit is who I'm liking at 19 right now. Yes, he had a down year I agree. But you're buying into it just being an off-year. Great size fits the mold of what the Raiders like. He would fit perfectly with Abram. Delpit is a matchup piece for the Raiders can line him up on TE's/ play him in single high and also blitz him. His versatility and playmaking ability is much needed. Buy low on a player that should really be a top 10 player. 

12. Henry Ruggs

19. Grant Delpit.

I'm on board with Delpit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

I'm on board with Delpit.

I'm not.  I'd rather have a CB or two WRs at this point.  Maybe a DT and WR with our two firsts.  I'm just not a fan.  Wouldn't be a decent pick, just want other players at other positions.

Yea, I think Delpit is the guy for me at #19 for me as well. Dealt with injuries in ‘19, but was a damn top 10 pick coming into the season. 

give me Lamb at 12 and Delpit #19, move up and target a CB in the 2nd round where their value is, and we’re rolling. Use a 3rd on a RB, and pick up another WR who falls. Then use a later pick on a LB.

45 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm not.  I'd rather have a CB or two WRs at this point.  Maybe a DT and WR with our two firsts.  I'm just not a fan.  Wouldn't be a decent pick, just want other players at other positions.

If Simmons, Brown, Okudah or Young are there at 12 I would take them and then WR at 19. Otherwise I am going Juedy or Lamb at 12 and Delpit at 19. 

Delpit is legit. Coming into 2019 college football season he was a top 10 prospect on every media big board. He had one tackling issues but in coverage he is too solid. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

If Simmons, Brown, Okudah or Young are there at 12 I would take them and then WR at 19. Otherwise I am going Juedy or Lamb at 12 and Delpit at 19. 

Delpit is legit. Coming into 2019 college football season he was a top 10 prospect on every media big board. He had one tackling issues but in coverage he is too solid. 

We are clearly targeting a S in FA so I can see us look for one high in the draft. Delpit scares me though.

9 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

That's my thing, the tackling issue.  I don't want a player that loses us a game because he whiffed on a tackle.  We'll see what happens.  Whether I like him or not, it isn't up to me lol.

I completely agree with the bold.

Edited by Jerry

28 minutes ago, Jerry said:

That's my thing, the tackling issue.  I don't want a player that loses us a game because he whiffed on a tackle.  We'll see what happens.  Whether I like him or not, it isn't up to me lol.

I completely agree with the bold.

I think Delpit’s tackling issues have gotten a bit overblown at this point.  He had 16 missed tackles so it’s definitely concerning but he had a bad ankle injury.  If you have no stability in your ankles it’s going to cause you to not properly breakdown and make a form tackle and take poor angles.  I watched some, but admittedly not all, of his MT’s and while I admit there’s no way to tell how much the injury played from watching the videos but I came away seeing poor form and angles as the main reason for his MTs.  
the guy does have very good range.  Albeit it isn’t Malik Hooker range but it’s very good.

id say he’s not a bad option at 19 but also not my top pick.  I wouldn’t be jumping for joy or pissed if it happened.

i actually am pretty torn on him vs McKinney for FS1.

overall, I think CB is a much bigger need for us than another safety to go with Abram.  I really hope we bring Joseph back because Harris is a #3 and Heath is a pure ST player on a decent Defense.

Sadly, there’s no real 1st round / week 1 starting CBS after Okudah who will be long   Gone by 12 it seems.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think Delpit’s tackling issues have gotten a bit overblown at this point.  He had 16 missed tackles so it’s definitely concerning but he had a bad ankle injury.  If you have no stability in your ankles it’s going to cause you to not properly breakdown and make a form tackle and take poor angles.  I watched some, but admittedly not all, of his MT’s and while I admit there’s no way to tell how much the injury played from watching the videos but I came away seeing poor form and angles as the main reason for his MTs.  
the guy does have very good range.  Albeit it isn’t Malik Hooker range but it’s very good.

id say he’s not a bad option at 19 but also not my top pick.  I wouldn’t be jumping for joy or pissed if it happened.

i actually am pretty torn on him vs McKinney for FS1.

overall, I think CB is a much bigger need for us than another safety to go with Abram.  I really hope we bring Joseph back because Harris is a #3 and Heath is a pure ST player on a decent Defense.

Sadly, there’s no real 1st round / week 1 starting CBS after Okudah who will be long   Gone by 12 it seems.  

he played hurt last year. Team realize this fact, so it's wishful thinking he will be on the board at 19.

https://apnews.com/fb524ff022086174b2a0e45855dc298d

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

he played hurt last year. Team realize this fact, so it's wishful thinking he will be on the board at 19.

https://apnews.com/fb524ff022086174b2a0e45855dc298d

I realize this and spoke about his injuries causing his MT’s but Delpit is widely considered by nearly everyone to be in play at 19.  Might he go at 17 to Dallas? Sure! But he’s not going top 12! So he’s definitely in the discussion for consideration at 19. 

• Like 1