2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

24 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

First, as another poster brought up... Sorry If you felt I attacked you. When I wrote that I was in my mind throughly disagreeing with the proposed picks under option 1 and not you as a person/poster.  Reading it back I can see how it looks like I meant to attack you but I assuredly did not intend to..... moving on 

Henderson just isn’t a 1st round CB, IMO... well At least not a top 20/25 pick

he has too many issues with technique being all over the place and he tackles like a girl.  I see him as a CB2 during his peak.  I don’t really care about his workout numbers.  Numbers are only thresholds to me... “is he athletic enough for X?”

Henderson might be in play @12 but to take him over Lamb and Jeudy @12 is crazy IMO.  
we might need to take Henderson in the first though .... as there seems to be few options and there drying up fast at CB.... but I’d personally want to trade back from 19 to like 25 before I take him.  He’s just not that great.

1. He’s going to likely go top 15, if not top 10 to JAX.  Of course you’re entitled to your opinion but having him outside of the top 20/25 is an outlier take.

2.  What issues with his technique specifically?

3. It’s not the combine testing numbers - his athleticism screams out on film.  The size, fluidity, and closing speed are extremely rare.

5 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

You don’t want Deion Sanders? Nnamdi Asomough?

Of course is rather he be a decent tackler and that knocks his grade down.  However, give me the lock down man coverage corner with questionable tackling any day.  Henderson absolutely has the ability to be that guy to me.

Hasn't played a down in the NFL and  you want to throw out Deion Sanders and Nnamdi Asomough as examples. Please bro. If he can lockdown receivers and do it for a number of years, I'll give him a pass for being a sissy that doesn't want to tackle.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Hasn't played a down in the NFL and  you want to throw out Deion Sanders and Nnamdi Asomough as examples. Please bro. If he can lockdown receivers and do it for a number of years, I'll give him a pass for being a sissy that doesn't want to tackle.

When Henderson gets compared to Deion and Nmandi... that’s when I walk away from the debate.

the guys in a few mocks around 15, but apparently me saying he’s a 20-25 range pick is an outlier

@Chwf3rd25: honestly i just don’t want to debate Henderson... I watched him a bit as CB is a huge need for us and I thought he was ok but raw and nothing amazing.  You can call this a victory if you choose but I don’t want to debate his skill issues right now.  

1 minute ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

What? Of course I’m not saying he’s Deion Sanders or Asomough.  

You stated you wouldn’t want Henderson because you don’t want a CB who isn’t a good tackler.  My point is that a great cover CB is incredibly valuable even if they aren’t good tackler.  Sanders and Asomough are the first two that come to mind.

Just now, Chwf3rd25 said:

What? Of course I’m not saying he’s Deion Sanders or Asomough.  

You stated you wouldn’t want Henderson because you don’t want a CB who isn’t a good tackler.  My point is that a great cover CB is incredibly valuable even if they aren’t good tackler.  Sanders and Asomough are the first two that come to mind.

This I will agree with 100%.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

When Henderson gets compared to Deion and Nmandi... that’s when I walk away from the debate.

the guys in a few mocks around 15, but apparently me saying he’s a 20-25 range pick is an outlier

@Chwf3rd25: honestly i just don’t want to debate Henderson... I watched him a bit as CB is a huge need for us and I thought he was ok but raw and nothing amazing.  You can call this a victory if you choose but I don’t want to debate his skill issues right now.  

As stated above, Sanders and Asomough merely stand for the proposition that you don’t need to be a good tackler to be an incredibly valuable coverage CB.  That’s it - don’t create a straw man to argue against and then say “I’m done.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

As stated above, Sanders and Asomough merely stand for the proposition that you don’t need to be a good tackler to be an incredibly valuable coverage CB.  That’s it - don’t create a straw man to argue against and then say “I’m done.”

It’s not a straw man argument.  You are absolutely equating Henderson’s coverage skills to be on an elite level like Deion and Nmandi.  That’s like ultra elite, best ever.  But Henderson obviously isn’t even that close in skill/ability.  

and I said I’m done because I honestly don’t really care to debate this further with you.   Nice try to bait me back into the debate.  Had you actually said something to back up how amazing Henderson is maybe I would have more interest.  But you don’t and only have an opinion that Henderson’s tackling like a girl won’t matter when he locks WRs down like Deion..... so yeah I don’t really want to waste the time to debate such nonsense

12: R1P12

WR CEEDEE LAMB
OKLAHOMA
19: R1P19

WR HENRY RUGGS III
ALABAMA
80: R3P16

RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE
LSU
81: R3P17

LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE
91: R3P27

S TERRELL BURGESS
UTAH
121: R4P15

G SOLOMON KINDLEY
GEORGIA
159: R5P13

CB LAVERT HILL
MICHIGAN

Tear it apart... But I could live with it. 
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Totty said:
12: R1P12

WR CEEDEE LAMB
OKLAHOMA
19: R1P19

WR HENRY RUGGS III
ALABAMA
80: R3P16

RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE
LSU
81: R3P17

LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE
91: R3P27

S TERRELL BURGESS
UTAH
121: R4P15

G SOLOMON KINDLEY
GEORGIA
159: R5P13

CB LAVERT HILL
MICHIGAN

Tear it apart... But I could live with it. 

Nice! Don’t really love 2 WRs but overall I like it. Depending on how draft board falls thorough I could be got 2 wRs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Nice! Don’t really love 2 WRs but overall I like it. Depending on how draft board falls thorough I could be got 2 wRs

With the way FA is playing out, we could potentially draft 2.  Maybe not in round one, but Gruden did say he wanted the best WR group in the league.

1 minute ago, Totty said:

With the way FA is playing out, we could potentially draft 2.  Maybe not in round one, but Gruden did say he wanted the best WR group in the league.

Oh I definitely want 2 WRs in the draft.  I meant 2 in Rd 1.  I’m hopefully we do something like Lamb at 12, Pittman at 80

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Oh I definitely want 2 WRs in the draft.  I meant 2 in Rd 1.  I’m hopefully we do something like Lamb at 12, Pittman at 80

I would LOVE to see Lamb or Jeudy in the 1st and Claypool in the 3rd... if he gets there.