2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I like the Akiem Hicks comparison for Derrick Brown. Look at how Mack benefited from Hicks. Night and day...

Derrick Brown would be a great addition.  I love his game.  I just think we’d get more net impact from a WR at 12.  I also think Brown won’t be there through.  If he is it’d be very hard not to take him.  But how can we go into the season with Williams and a 3rd round pick at WR?  It’s a tough call if he’s there.  I’m just happy with our DTs at the moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Derrick Brown would be a great addition.  I love his game.  I just think we’d get more net impact from a WR at 12.  I also think Brown won’t be there through.  If he is it’d be very hard not to take him.  But how can we go into the season with Williams and a 3rd round pick at WR?  It’s a tough call if he’s there.  I’m just happy with our DTs at the moment.

More likely that we trade up for jeudy/lamb/Riggs if they fall. Otherwise I agree with you we need to come away with a dynamic WR.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

More likely that we trade up for jeudy/lamb/Riggs if they fall. Otherwise I agree with you we need to come away with a dynamic WR.

I’d certainly be okay with Brown at 12 and then trade up from 19 to get the remainder of Lamb or Jeudy at like 14-15.  It’s a risky move though.  
I can see lamb and jeudy both being there at 12 but all 3 gone by 19.  If they fall they’ll all go quickly once one does imo 

• Like 1

Kyle Dugger and Ashtyn Davis are two interesting safety prospects. 

I'm also intrigued by Akeem Davis-Gaither, Logan Wilson, and Willie Gay Jr are three interesting linebacker prospects. 

Will be interesting to see how we attack the draft. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Kyle Dugger and Ashtyn Davis are two interesting safety prospects. 

I'm also intrigued by Akeem Davis-Gaither, Logan Wilson, and Willie Gay Jr are three interesting linebacker prospects. 

Will be interesting to see how we attack the draft. 

Dugger and ADG are LB/close to the LOS guys. Willie Gay is a predraft riser because he tested so well. I'm unsure how good he is. Logan wilson is super underrated. Smart and tested well. Could be a staff favorite for sure...

• Like 1

I like to weigh all scenarios in the draft (I basically do a mock a day, and post one a week). Now I’m not trying to stir up controversy here, and would like some thoughtful replies. @MrOaktown_56 is not high on Tua which is fine. Some don’t like to trade up, I’m usually one of those people. 

However, Pick 3 is the most consensus-likely to be traded pick possibly in draft history. Lions want out, and they have plenty of suitors. The question is, will they trade it to the Dolphins, Chargers, and or some other team?

I believe Burrow and Tua are two legit Franchise QBs and the future of the NFL, especially with Brady, Brees, Ben, Rivers all retiring in the next 1-2 years. 

Pick 3 Trade Value - 2200 Points

Raiders Pick 12 Trade Value - 1200 Points

Raiders Pick 19 Trade Value - 875 points

Raiders Pick 91 Trade Value - 136 points

Total Value for Raiders in a Trade Package - 2212 Points

Carr has trade value. I think we could get a 2nd Round Pick from a handful of teams. Jaguars could be one with Foles contract gone and Yannick likely to be traded (Yannick doesn’t like Carr). I don’t think that organization is as high on Minshew as the Jag fans on FF lead you to believe. 

So you would have: 

3. QB Tua Tagovailoa

2nd Round: CB Jaylon Johnson

80. WR Michael Pittman Jr. 

81. WR KJ Hamler or any speedster that falls

It’s not that I’m trying to get rid of Carr, I literally go through dozens of scenarios a day in my mind on how to improve the team, among every position. Like a lottery ticket quick pick. I’m sure Mayock does the same, much better than me. And 19 has terrible value among the current players. 

Tua’s injury might scare some, which is a respectable opinion, but to me he’s gonna be a Top 5 QB in the NFL and wreck the league. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, Steins Gate said:

I would be pissed if we trade up for Tua. If he happens to fall to 12 (VERY unlikely), then I might be ok with it. Seriously, I would rather roll with Carr than trade up. 

Purely a value thing or do you dislike Tua?

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I like to weigh all scenarios in the draft (I basically do a mock a day, and post one a week). Now I’m not trying to stir up controversy here, and would like some thoughtful replies. @MrOaktown_56 is not high on Tua which is fine. Some don’t like to trade up, I’m usually one of those people. 

However, Pick 3 is the most consensus-likely to be traded pick possibly in draft history. Lions want out, and they have plenty of suitors. The question is, will they trade it to the Dolphins, Chargers, and or some other team?

I believe Burrow and Tua are two legit Franchise QBs and the future of the NFL, especially with Brady, Brees, Ben, Rivers all retiring in the next 1-2 years. 

Carr has trade value. I think we could get a 2nd Round Pick from a handful of teams. Jaguars could be one with Foles contract gone and Yannick likely to be traded (Yannick doesn’t like Carr). I don’t think that organization is as high on Minshew as the Jag fans on FF lead you to believe. 

So you would have: 

3. QB Tua Tagovailoa

It’s not that I’m trying to get rid of Carr, I literally go through dozens of scenarios a day in my mind on how to improve the team, among every position. Like a lottery ticket quick pick. I’m sure Mayock does the same, much better than me. 

Tua’s injury might scare some, which is a respectable opinion, but to me he’s gonna be a Top 5 QB in the NFL and wreck the league. 

Tua is the only guy I trade up for in this class... I don't think trading up for any position outside of QB is the right play, because even if you feel like you're one piece away, it's usually more complicated than that. But I also don't believe in trading up because you're hindering your future... But we are in a unique situation, because it's possible to pull off because we have an extra first and three thirds in this draft class. So it's possible to do without having to give up significant draft picks in multiple draft classes. 

Tua is my QB #1. I believe he's going to be a franchise QB. I don't have access to any medical records so assuming he's on track medically speaking and is expected to make a full recovery, he's the one guy I would consider moving up for, especially because the unique situation of having extra draft capital. I'm alright with rolling with Carr in a final make or break year and adding a WR to complete a solid offense. But if the staff truly believes Tua is a franchise QB with elite potential, I could get on board. 

As much as I love Simmons and Lamb, I cant justify a trade up, Simmons because LB isnt that valuable and Lamb because the depth of this WR class. A move up to three would be pricey, but if uou think a guy has elite potential at the most important position, and you get him on a cost controlled deal, that's a calculated risk I would sign off on. 

I don't think it ultimately happens though because a team that's closer to the top five could meet the asking price and the Lions won't have to drop down as far. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So you would have: 

3. QB Tua Tagovailoa

It’s not that I’m trying to get rid of Carr, I literally go through dozens of scenarios a day in my mind on how to improve the team, among every position. Like a lottery ticket quick pick. I’m sure Mayock does the same, much better than me. And 19 has terrible value among the current players. 

Horrible idea and it has nothing to do with my issues with you personally.  
We’d be in the same boat without a WR1.  Mariota couldn’t win with 2 good WRs and now he’s going to win with Williams and a 3rd Rounder?  I’m incredibly low on Tua for many reasons.  

we can’t leave this draft without a starting WR.  It’s possible but unlikely Pittman + Hamler is there at 80/81 but you can’t know that for sure when you make the trade.  

Face it Carr is our QB to start next year.  We need to get him a WR or two so he has one last chance to win Or be out.

2 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

It's the injury history combined with my personal belief that he will be good but not great. Assuming he can stay healthy, he will be a perennial top 15 QB but never top 5. 

We disagree here. I see Tua as an Elite Tier Top 5 QB. 

Let’s say there was a Top 5 QB in that Top 3 Picks hypothetically, do you agree in principal then about the scenario?