2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

Of course, just staying the ideal scenario.

Personally I prefer going CJ Henderson at 12 and then WR at 19 or later after a trade down.  I fee way more comfortable taking one of the tier 2 WRs at 19 then the group of WRs.

Just curious, you say we won’t draft Gladney because of size (which I agree with you 100%) but you say we’ll select CJ Henderson, who avoids tackling like the plague. Both Mayock/Gruden like physical corners who get very, very involved in the run game. I don’t see this organization selecting Henderson or Gladney. 

Gladney's size isn't a knock. He did well against Hakeem Butler, Collin Johnson, etc. Tough, physical guy.

I agree that there is a glut of corners available. I want to trade down and take one if possible.

Dantzler ran an unofficial 4.38 at his pro day. Probably more like a 4.5 but shows that his long speed is more than good enough. Another guy I'd target in the 2nd round if possible.

• Like 2

NFL is doing an Official Mock Draft with all the teams before the event. My personal feelings on this:

Bad idea, no team in their right mind is going to select the player they actually want except Bengals with Burrow and Redskins with Chase. 

And you may even see Dolphins select Herbert and Chargers select Jordan Love because they both probably love Tua. And Tua falls to the Patriots at Pick 23 or something lmao. When in reality he’s a Top 6 lock. 

I won’t be watching this because it will be super fake and non-stop bluffs. Could be entertaining, but not worth a watch for me. 

The overreactions are going to be the worst part. I’m sure they’ll be at least a few Raider fans somewhere (maybe not here) that are like “Hey omg, we can land Okudah or Tua at 12!!!” lol, smh. 

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just curious, you say we won’t draft Gladney because of size (which I agree with you 100%) but you say we’ll select CJ Henderson, who avoids tackling like the plague. Both Mayock/Gruden like physical corners who get very, very involved in the run game. I don’t see this organization selecting Henderson or Gladney. 

I would prefer to draft Henderson, not saying I think we actually will.  

I was listening to a podcast with Ted Nguyen and he said we got rid of Conley because he wasn’t as physical as Gruden likes his defenders to be.  Makes me think Henderson isn’t our guy (although Jaylon Johnson isn’t some super physical tackler either).  AJ Terrell makes the most sense to me in terms of what we want - press man prototype with physical playing demeanor.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think Henderson tackling issues are overblown, injuries had something to do with him protecting himself, still not as physical as others but not as bad as people are saying.

https://www.fourthandnine.com/post/re-evaluating-wr-ceedee-lamb-as-a-2020-prospect-option-for-the-49ers-at-no-13

Crock continues to shine with his articles.

Bryan Edwards is a stud. I ******* love this kid. Physical beast. Knows how to run routes and can get in and out of his breaks. Contested catch guy. Another "dog" from the SEC.

Reminds me a bit of a poor mans Allen Robinson. Only because I think robinson is a top 15 receiver rn and edwards definitely is not coming into the league as one of those.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

NFL is doing an Official Mock Draft with all the teams before the event. My personal feelings on this:

Bad idea, no team in their right mind is going to select the player they actually want except Bengals with Burrow and Redskins with Chase. 

And you may even see Dolphins select Herbert and Chargers select Jordan Love because they both probably love Tua. And Tua falls to the Patriots at Pick 23 or something lmao. When in reality he’s a Top 6 lock. 

I won’t be watching this because it will be super fake and non-stop bluffs. Could be entertaining, but not worth a watch for me. 

The overreactions are going to be the worst part. I’m sure they’ll be at least a few Raider fans somewhere (maybe not here) that are like “Hey omg, we can land Okudah or Tua at 12!!!” lol, smh. 

Why do you think it’s going to be televised?  Pretty sure it’s just to make sure the actual draft runs smoothly.

Also, why in the world would they have real player names?

• Like 2

Just now, raidr4life said:

I think Henderson tackling issues are overblown, injuries had something to do with him protecting himself, still not as physical as others but not as bad as people are saying.

You could be correct, but there’s not enough evidence from his sophomore year to confirm this. He still avoided tackling that year, although not as bad as 2019.

37 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Gladney's size isn't a knock. He did well against Hakeem Butler, Collin Johnson, etc. Tough, physical guy.

I agree that there is a glut of corners available. I want to trade down and take one if possible.

Dantzler ran an unofficial 4.38 at his pro day. Probably more like a 4.5 but shows that his long speed is more than good enough. Another guy I'd target in the 2nd round if possible.

Danzler on tape has shown he can run with receivers down field and could be a steal.

Danzler could end up the 2nd best CB in this draft when it's all said and done.

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

https://www.fourthandnine.com/post/re-evaluating-wr-ceedee-lamb-as-a-2020-prospect-option-for-the-49ers-at-no-13

Crock continues to shine with his articles.

Bryan Edwards is a stud. I ******* love this kid. Physical beast. Knows how to run routes and can get in and out of his breaks. Contested catch guy. Another "dog" from the SEC.

Reminds me a bit of a poor mans Allen Robinson. Only because I think robinson is a top 15 receiver rn and edwards definitely is not coming into the league as one of those.

Wow, crock is really high on Edwards. WR5 is a pretty dang high grade in this class. 

Lookin at crock’s list he has:

5. Bryan Edwards

4. Michael Pittman Jr. 

(those two are superrr high, but I have the utmost respect for his bold opinion)

3. Justin Jefferson

2. Jerry Jeudy

1. CeeDee Lamb

Although he does state Jeudy is more of his preference over Lamb and favorite WR. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

5. Bryan Edwards

4. Michael Pittman Jr. 

(those two are superrr high, but I have the utmost respect for his bold opinion)

3. Justin Jefferson

2. Jerry Jeudy

1. CeeDee Lamb

Although he does state Jeudy is more of his preference and favorite WR. 

yeah i just seen an article that said Pittman is a 1st rounder

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

5. Bryan Edwards

4. Michael Pittman Jr. 

3. Justin Jefferson

2. Jerry Jeudy

1. CeeDee Lamb

Although he does state Jeudy is more of his preference over Lamb and favorite WR. 

I don't agree with Crocks overall rankings. I think Ruggs is 3. I have Mims at 4 and Reagor at 5. BUT. I think Edwards can be had in the 3rd and maybe even the 4th. That's a steal IMO.

• Like 1