2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Danzler on tape has shown he can run with receivers down field and could be a steal.

Yep he's been my guy. He still can probbaly be had in the late 2nd. A trade up for him would be a good idea if we don't go CB in round 1.

20 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Dantzler ran an unofficial 4.38 at his pro day. Probably more like a 4.5 but shows that his long speed is more than good enough. Another guy I'd target in the 2nd round if possible.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/cameron-dantzler-mississippi-state-bulldogs-pro-day-40-yard-dash/amp/

that dude was the same one timing Delpit’s 4.3 something.... he’s got the earliest trigger finger in the game.... and that wind sounded heavvvvyyy! Like 15-18mph heavy.

Combine Run: @ 0:42s into video

While we’ll never get the 10 and 20y splits, I’m sure the scouts will and that will allow them to see if the trigger finger was crazy quick.

http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1017391&DraftYear=2020

Dantzler had 10 and 20 yd splits of 1.64 and 2.71 on his 4.64 40 run.

just to show you the difference in hand times vs electric Danztler’s 4.64 electric time was a 4.56 at the combine.  .08s difference.  
so even if we ignore he’s obviously trigger happy (38yd dash lol) finger that’s a 4.46 electric time at pro day vs 4.64s at combine... 0.18s difference

i watched the videos closely 4-5x each and saw no major technical changes.  Dantzler popped upright at around 10yds in both runs.  Dantzler did “seem” to hit a better high end speed (mph) in the pro day but that could easily just be difference in angles of the camera shot.

That wind also helped him surely... if I had to guess from using some rough rough math from some track calculators I’d guess .04-.06 seconds.

Dantzler is probably a 4.55-4.57 electric time guy. He’s no blazer and will always have speed issues  but not to the extent they will keep him from succeeding.  He Will need a scheme that doesn’t leave him on an island with no deep help though.

Daryl Worley ran 4.64e / 4.52h at combine with 1.64 10yd and 2.70yd 20yd splits.

Maybe Dantler is a tiny bit faster but that’s the general speed comparison.

Like I said in the argument with BR (that to say Jeudy’s 4.45 to Lamb’s 4.50 is a major difference but Okudah’s 4.48 to Jeudy’s 4.45 is negligible is crazy and obviously done solely to back his poor viewpoint)....

these 40 yard dash times that so many people quote like it’s the word of god from the Bible are only:

1. The best run out of 2 attempts. (Often there’s a moderate difference in times)

2. 2 runs on one random day... if these guys ran them again at camp there would be a variance in the times that people would consider wild.  Let’s not pretend these combine numbers are fixed speed numbers for the Their entire careers (this isn’t Madden video games).  

3.  Players who preform really well or really poor at the 40 often have really good form or really poor form.  I’ve heard several stories/rumors of running coaches actually changing players form and it negatively impacted their times... the coaches my be giving good advice but in the attempt to improve times sometimes their tweaks slow down the players.... and coaches always tell players they ran better than they did.... every 4.40 player swears he’s been running 4.29s in training, lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Gladney's size isn't a knock. He did well against Hakeem Butler, Collin Johnson, etc. Tough, physical guy.

I agree that there is a glut of corners available. I want to trade down and take one if possible.

Dantzler ran an unofficial 4.38 at his pro day. Probably more like a 4.5 but shows that his long speed is more than good enough. Another guy I'd target in the 2nd round if possible.

Not concerned with his size at all. Like you said, he's matches up well and is physical beyond his size. Second that for run support.

A lot of his his grabbing is him playing physical. He's in great position, just needs to clean it up.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

https://www.fourthandnine.com/post/re-evaluating-wr-ceedee-lamb-as-a-2020-prospect-option-for-the-49ers-at-no-13

Crock continues to shine with his articles.

Bryan Edwards is a stud. I ******* love this kid. Physical beast. Knows how to run routes and can get in and out of his breaks. Contested catch guy. Another "dog" from the SEC.

Reminds me a bit of a poor mans Allen Robinson. Only because I think robinson is a top 15 receiver rn and edwards definitely is not coming into the league as one of those.

You and I are on the same page with so many prospect. Love Edwards as well. And glad to see Dantzler improve his time as I'm a fan of his.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Dantler did run stride for stride with Jamarr Chase

Yes, because he used good technique And contact from his hands to keep Chase from hitting peak stride.  He also often bailed a little early and had safety help deep.

@ 1:29

and Chase isn’t an absolute burner he’s a 4.46 to 4.52 guy whose very physical.

Im not saying Dantzler is too slow or isn’t a good late 2nd to 3rd round pick.... but he’s not a burner.

its obviously watching him run his 40... even Deion said “ohh that wasn’t fast” 3/4 thru his run.  
but you don’t need to be a blazing speed guy to be a good CB.  Dantzler has adequate speed.  He will just have issues with dealing with it in the NFL when he can’t negate it with his press and physical play.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Wow, crock is really high on Edwards. WR5 is a pretty dang high grade in this class. 

Not really. You have the 3 main guys argued about, then a who's who of varying skills at the position. I'd take Edwards over Mims, Aiyuk, Hamler, etc. in a flash. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not really relevant to us, but this could be one of your draft day surprises. Wilson certainly has all the size and tools you want. And is already a dominant run blocker. 

He’s incredibly raw though.  At times it looks like he’s just fighting with DEs.  He’s got the size and ability but really needs major technical help.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

He’s incredibly raw though.  At times it looks like he’s just fighting with DEs.  He’s got the size and ability but really needs major technical help.

Oh I fully agree. He shouldn’t go in the 1st. He’s less raw than Tytus Howard though imo, who went in the 1st last year. However, at this point, it’s quite clear BoB has no idea what he’s doing, so I’m not sure how relevant that is. 

39 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't agree with Crocks overall rankings. I think Ruggs is 3. I have Mims at 4 and Reagor at 5. BUT. I think Edwards can be had in the 3rd and maybe even the 4th. That's a steal IMO.

If you swapped Ruggs and Reagor's helmets, what would that mean? I feel Ruggs is getting a lot attention playing at 'Bama. If he played at TCU, is he's in this conversation? I don't think he personally. 

'Bama guys get pushed up in the draft a lot.

49 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

https://www.fourthandnine.com/post/re-evaluating-wr-ceedee-lamb-as-a-2020-prospect-option-for-the-49ers-at-no-13

Crock continues to shine with his articles.

Bryan Edwards is a stud. I ******* love this kid. Physical beast. Knows how to run routes and can get in and out of his breaks. Contested catch guy. Another "dog" from the SEC.

Reminds me a bit of a poor mans Allen Robinson. Only because I think robinson is a top 15 receiver rn and edwards definitely is not coming into the league as one of those.

His twitter thread on Arnette was really good as well. 

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

With his injury and with teams not being able to look at him first hand could get Edwards on the cheap. 

Even with the recent hype I still think Edwards goes Late 3rd-Early 4th. And probably in the 4th. If we double dip at WR, Edwards at 91 or 121 could be a solid choice. If he developed into a true outside WR, and we ended up taking Jeudy and play over half his snaps in the slot, Edwards/Tyrell/Jeudy/Renfrow would be quite the formidable WR Group. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You and I are on the same page with so many prospect. Love Edwards as well.

I think Edwards has potential (and is underrated, poorly developed in college) but let me just bring One Point:

4/17 on passes over 20y

71 receptions: 36 on screens.  That means if you deduct the designed screen plays out, he only has 35 passes caught.

I think he’s a good prospect, I’m not ****ting on him.  He was clearly held back by the coaches.  Nonetheless, he’s got BIG, BIG concerns if he can Produce in the NFL.