2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

People love 1st Round Pick hype but I think most need to come to terms (and I think most have) that Pick 19 is not gonna be flashy in any way. You got Jaylon Johnson, AJ Terrell, Ross Blacklock, Justin Jefferson (if no WR at 12), Zack Baun, Kristian Fulton, or Patrick Queen probably as the Pick at 19. I like all of those players outside Fulton actually, but it’s going to be a mixed reaction from our fanbase regardless. At the end of the day, trust in Mayock, and trust in the process. 

The 1st round picks are obviously exciting. But with Mayock at the helm I'm honestly just as excited to see what we do with 80/81/91/121. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Zay Jones clone 

I can see that. That's another thing, I've seen a lot of people suggest that we should double dip at WR in the draft. But if we get one early I think that a group of: 

Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs

Williams

Renfrow

Agholor 

Jones

Doss

Is actually pretty solid.

1 minute ago, Dessie said:

If we double dip at WR it has to be for a kick returner ? Agholor can return punts but who can return kickoffs ?

Rico Gafford. If we're going to keep a 6th WR he has to play special teams too. Gafford can be a gunner on punts, return kicks, and play on kick off coverage. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I can see that. That's another thing, I've seen a lot of people suggest that we should double dip at WR in the draft. But if we get one early I think that a group of: 

Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs

Williams

Renfrow

Agholor 

Jones

Doss

Is actually pretty solid.

Except with ty will and Renfrow going down last year gonna take that into consideration 

12 hours ago, roi34 said:

Think CB at #19 is better than WR at #19. 

Should be solid CBs left over at #19. 

WR probably not one of the top 3.

Henderson is clearly the second best CB in the class though and after him there are a bunch of solid but not great CB prospects. From a coverage stand point he's a plug and play starter on the outside and if he can clean up his tackling he has as much upside as any CB in the class including Okudah. 

The WR class is so deep this year, we don't have to get one at #19. We could potentially move out of the 19th slot into the late first or even into the early to mid 2nd and still come away with someone like Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, Tee Higgins, Brandon Aiyuk, Jalen Reagor, Laviska Shenault, or Michael Pittman Jr. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Except with ty will and Renfrow going down last year gonna take that into consideration 

That's true but we're likely only going to carry 5-6 WR's regardless so does a mid-round rookie produce more than guys like Zay Jones or Nelson Agholor? 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's true but we're likely only going to carry 5-6 WR's regardless so does a mid-round rookie produce more than guys like Zay Jones or Nelson Agholor? 

Not putting much stock in Nelson or doss personally 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The thing about 40 times too is that they're not always indicitive of game speed. For one it's extremely rare for guys to be running 40+ yards in a straight line during an actual game. And another thing is that some of these guys have track backgrounds and will be more comfortable with a straight line sprinting drill. While other guys have never sprinted competitively in their life and only train for the 40 yard dash for 2 months of their entire lives. 

Great point, plus of course in an actual football game they'll be wearing pads, helmet and running in cleats rather than spikes and quite often fatigued or tired. Game speed is much, much more important but the combine can be great to confirm what shows on film but shouldn't be viewed in isolation.  

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rico Gafford. If we're going to keep a 6th WR he has to play special teams too. Gafford can be a gunner on punts, return kicks, and play on kick off coverage. 

Gafford only returned 7 kicks in college wouldn’t be banking on him. 

Tee Higgins supposedly ran a 4.54 at his pro day but his 10-yard split of 1.66 would've been worst among WR's at the combine and in the 2nd percentile among WR's overall. His short shuttle time of 4.53 ranks in the 5th percentile for WR's and his 31" vert ranks in the 7th percentile for WRs. Yikes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

all I gotta say is if we somehow could get lamb and this kid.....yac, yac, yac...oh yeah, he has some long speed too.lol! people will get tired of trying to tackle our skill positions.lol

I like him too

• Like 1