2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If we trade up for Okudah what defensive player are we getting at #19 that's going to be a difference maker? 

Possibly a WR.

Im good with either strategy, but the odds of landing an impact player, which we lack, improve when you trade up. There’s risk involved, yes, but I trust Mayock if he does do that.

12 - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

19 - Zach Baun | LB | Wisconsin

80 - Ashtyn Davis | S | California 

81 - Raekwon Davis | DT | Alabama

91 - Cameron Dantzler | CB | Mississippi State

121 - Tyler Johnson | WR | Minnesota 

159 - John Reid | CB | Penn State

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Possibly a WR.

Im good with either strategy, but the odds of landing an impact player, which we lack, improve when you trade up. There’s risk involved, yes, but I trust Mayock if he does do that.

In that scenario he said we'd take a defensive player at #19 as well.

I've been watching a bunch of clips from Ted Nguyen on Twitter of the Alabama WR core. And one thing that is a tad scary is that they all got a lot of favorable looks simply because of how much talent they had. Like having 4 top 20 draft picks at WR two of them are always going to be matched up against #3/#4 CB's in college. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've been watching a bunch of clips from Ted Nguyen on Twitter of the Alabama WR core. And one thing that is a tad scary is that they all got a lot of favorable looks simply because of how much talent they had. Like having 4 top 20 draft picks at WR two of them are always going to be matched up against #3/#4 CB's in college. 

I feel like this is mostly ignored. Every year Alabama has players that are a sum of their parts. Which is why I asked the questions what if you Ruggs and Reagor swapped schools. Would Ruggs be getting top 3 WR hype if he played at TCU for example. 

Which also begs the question, with all his speed, his best season was 750 yards? The defense of that is well he played on stacked group of WRs, but it's something to note as outlined here regarding dominator scores for college players:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/draft/analytics-reveal-why-denver-broncos-fans-should-beware-alabama-wr-henry-ruggs

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Been saying this. That's why lamb is impressive in his big games. Showed up vs top talent. And everyone knew he was the guy

On that note, what separates Jerry Jeudy from former Alabama WR Calvin Ridley?

He was known for his speed (4.4) and route ability. Slender build, inconsistent with contested catch. 

He's a high end #2, which is where I expect Jeudy to land. Somewhere in that 15-20 range of WRs. 

IMO Lamb is the only guy I put in the top 5-10 WRs in 3 years time. Then there will be a couple surprises in the later rounds, drafted in the right spots. Shenault being my favorite to out perform draft slot

Edited by big_palooka

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

He was known for his speed (4.4) and route ability. Slender build, inconsistent with contested catch. 

He's a high end #2, which is where I expect Jeudy to land. Somewhere in that 15-20 range of WRs. 

IMO Lamb is the only guy I put in the top 5-10 WRs in 3 years time. Then there will be a couple surprises in the later rounds, drafted in the right spots. Shenault being my favorite to out perform draft slot

I think juedy is little more polished than Ridley, but Ridley wasn't as fast as people prob thought he'd be. Overall juedy may be little better. But I agree, lamb and ruggs over more imo. 

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I feel like this is mostly ignored. Every year Alabama has players that are a sum of their parts. Which is why I asked the questions what if you Ruggs and Reagor swapped schools. Would Ruggs be getting top 3 WR hype if he played at TCU for example. 

Which also begs the question, with all his speed, his best season was 750 yards? The defense of that is well he played on stacked group of WRs, but it's something to note as outlined here regarding dominator scores for college players:

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/draft/analytics-reveal-why-denver-broncos-fans-should-beware-alabama-wr-henry-ruggs

Most of his production came against non power 5 teams too. But I didn’t like Jacobs and he didn’t have much production and look how that turned out lol. 

27 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Pittman may as well...

I wonder if GMs will allow Shenault to drop to the late 2nd/3rd. Would be an incredible steal at that juncture...

8 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Most of his production came against non power 5 teams too. But I didn’t like Jacobs and he didn’t have much production and look how that turned out lol. 

And most of Jeudy's production came out of the slot as well. Watching LSU's corners undress Ruggs scared me. All that speed, and they physically pushed him around that game. Fulton especially held him in check. 

Good point with Jacobs though. You could count on him being physical and having vision. He'll never be a home run hitter, which is why bottom round 1 was the right place for him to go.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Jacobs had better NFL back written on him. Quick cuts, good reads and great hands. Everything you want. He just isn't breaking off 70 yard runs

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Pittman may as well...

I wonder if GMs will allow Shenault to drop to the late 2nd/3rd. Would be an incredible steal at that juncture...

+1 on Pittman. I was down on him, but he tested well and erased some of those concerns. 

Shenault, I'd have no idea where his stock is. It will be interesting to see. I imagine he hurt himself in this deep class having surgery and teams not being able to get a look at him. But I have no doubt he will be a steal after round 1. Fully healthy, he'd be my #2 in this class without hesitation (I'm higher than anyone one I'm sure). 

Shenault is that player that slides, lands in the perfect situation with an established QB and coach and blows the doors off. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

12 - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

19 - Zach Baun | LB | Wisconsin

80 - Ashtyn Davis | S | California 

81 - Raekwon Davis | DT | Alabama

91 - Cameron Dantzler | CB | Mississippi State

121 - Tyler Johnson | WR | Minnesota 

159 - John Reid | CB | Penn State

I really like that, though the one guy I can't see fitting especially well is Raekwon Davis, seems like a prototypical 3-4 DE to me and not someone who would get much penetration inside in a 4-3. Love the value if the other picks though. 🙂