2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Not saying you are wrong but how.  I watched Lamb against top talent in college and Parker against top talent and I saw very similar WRs in the passing game.  Watch Parker vs Gilmore and Lamb vs LSU.  There are some differences but I see a lot of comparable skills.

I have already. I'm talking about as prospects. Parker took 3-4 years to develop into who he is now. Lamb is not that guy.

They both can leap and make contested catches. They have different skillsets entirely though IMO. Lamb is much more of a yacster and body wise compares more to davante adams than devante parker.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I have already. I'm talking about as prospects. Parker took 3-4 years to develop into who he is now. Lamb is not that guy.

They both can leap and make contested catches. They have different skillsets entirely though IMO. Lamb is much more of a yacster and body wise compares more to davante adams than devante parker.

I did not think about DaVante Adams.  I also think Lambs YAC will decrease a lot as a pro.  In college you see him shake off the first tackler a lot but that will not happen as often in the pros and he will not be running free as much unless he goes to Arizona.  I think Parker's development has been slowed from playing in Miami but I do agree that Lamb will make an impact sooner as long as he has a decent team.  I would say he has some of both in him after looking at Adams.  Parker has more speed and strength while Adams has more wiggle and change of direction.  I will take that combination.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Click on the thread. Twitter didn't embed it properly.

Saying a comeback is "easy" is ignorant of what some of these routes show in terms of potential skillset.

Can he stop and start quickly and efficiently? Yes. Can he threaten a corner vertically? Yes. And his nearly identical 10 yard split to Jeudys (.01 off) shows that clearly. If you can do those two things, it shows you have the run most NFL level routes with some exceptions (e.g. blaze out).

The reason he didn't run more elaborate routes is because he wasn't asked to do so at Oklahoma. Let's not act like he's incapable in terms of mental/physical ability from becoming even better as a route runner.

I still don't see where anyone is "overrating" Lamb as a route runner. No one has compared him to Jeudy as a route runner. Jeudy is definitely better at it. He's also not as physical/strong, has worse hands, more drops, not as good in contested catch situations, etc.

I see some of Jeudy's flaws as less coachable. How do you coach someone to outmuscle DB's and destroy them in the run game? How do you coach them to make circus catches?

Can you teach new route concepts that he hasn't seen and have him make refinements in his ability to run routes (e.g different releases, nuance at the top of routes)? A lot easier to coach...

And for what's been said about Lambs weight, he's extremely physical AT that weight. What happens when he puts on MORE weight?

Devante Parker lite is a poor comparison at best.

Nailed it. 

Claiming Jeudy is a better WR bc he is a more polished route runner or had a slightly better 40 time is laughable.  Not only that but he was on a semi pro O, was not the focal point of D coordinators and had it easy playing at Bama next to Ruggs.  He will not have it that easy in the NFL especially if he goes to a team that doesn't have surrounding talent and they are expecting him to be an elite #1 as the Jets would.  

You're exactly right when you say Jeudy's flaws are less coachable.  Jeudy is physically not as strong, has worse hands and is not as good at contested catches as you point out.  Those are traits that are inherent, they can be improved through hard work but having good hands like Michael Thomas is something a WR like Cooper will never have no matter how hard he works at it.  Lamb has fantastic hands.

nice video on Love.  Like I always said arm talent is top notch, but so was Kyle Boller’s.  Makes horrible decisions with the ball and very poor at reading defenses.  What is most troubling about his inability to read defenses consistently is the fact that That offensive scheme Utah State ran is very very simplistic with a small playbook.  It’s the same plays over and over as the guy said.  The play “108 T Cut” the narrator detailed is sooo simple..... and run so many times.... yet Love struggles continuously to make the correct reads.

if Love can (((edit: can’t not can))) read Mountain West defenses with a simplistic and short playbook .... good luck in the NFL.

one thing the guy mentioned that I didn’t catch from previous videos is his often shaky pocket presence.  I think we talked about this with Carr, and how its either innate to a QB or not and your can’t really learn it.  

I can’t believe we ever even had people professing this guy should be the future of our team.... after a 7-9 (with several losses that should have been or easily could have been wins) season and on the brink of making a playoff run this year we should draft this guy and go into a mini rebuild mode.... this is the guy you want to roll the dice on?  No thank you!

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

nice video on Love.  Like I always said arm talent is top notch, but so was Kyle Boller’s.  Makes horrible decisions with the ball and very poor at reading defenses.  What is most troubling about his inability to read defenses consistently is the fact that That offensive scheme Utah State ran is very very simplistic with a small playbook.  It’s the same plays over and over as the guy said.  The play “108 T Cut” the narrator detailed is sooo simple..... and run so many times.... yet Love struggles continuously to make the correct reads.

if Love can read Mountain West defenses with a simplistic and short playbook .... good luck in the NFL.

one thing the guy mentioned that I didn’t catch from previous videos is his often shaky pocket presence.  I think we talked about this with Carr, and how its either innate to a QB or not and your can’t really learn it.  

I can’t believe we ever even had people professing this guy should be the future of our team.... after a 7-9 (with several losses that should have been or easily could have been wins) season and on the brink of making a playoff run this year we should draft this guy and go into a mini rebuild mode.... this is the guy you want to roll the dice on?  No thank you!

I'm of the opinion that you only draft a qb if you're SOLD he can be the guy and has elite upside. If Love busts, that would set us back 2-3 years minimum. Pass.

• Like 2

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm of the opinion that you only draft a qb if you're SOLD he can be the guy and has elite upside. If Love busts, that would set us back 2-3 years minimum. Pass.

Ahhh thank you!  I’d rather pay double for a guy I’m sold on than waste 2-3 years basically experimenting to see if he can do something he couldn’t in college.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

if Love can read Mountain West defenses with a simplistic and short playbook .... good luck in the NFL.

Who ever suggested drafting Love? I don’t remember anyone suggesting draft him. Definitely wasn’t me. Yes, he’s my 15th Overall Ranked Prospect because of his skillset, and possible “boom”. He has all the tools you want in a QB and had a terrific 2018. Love will either be a Top 5-8 QB or a huge bust like Blaine Gabbert/Kizer. Jordan Love is the very definition of Boom or Bust. There is zero middle ground. If I’m a NFL team, I still take Love way, way before Justin Herbert all day. Herbert, is basically the Winston/Mariota type who keeps your franchise back for 5 years. He’s below average, but not terrible, and shows flashes. And then you don’t renew his contract after 5 years. That’s Justin Herbert. Love you’ll know in Year Two whether he’s a Boom or Bust. 

Also, the guy you are sharing the video from, Alex Rollins, has said on record, Justin Herbert is a bust. Heck the video is titled Justin Herbert Bust. 

And sure, you’ll find me in the “Who would you draft at 19” section with Love Ranked as 4th or 5th Option, because of BPA. But you’ll never find a single of post of me saying “We NEED to draft Jordan Love, right now!!!”. “He HAS to be Carrs replacement”. I’ve definitely never pounded the table for Jordan Love to the Raiders in any way. So I hope your post isn’t directed at me, Jim. 

Edited by BayRaider

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Beats Herbert that sets you back 5 years, stringing you along with subpar play but flashes. Whoever drafts Herbert is going to go on a Winston/Mariota type ride. 

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Who ever suggested drafting Love? I don’t remember anyone suggesting draft him. Definitely wasn’t me. Yes, he’s my 15th Overall Ranked Prospect because of his skillset, and possible “boom”. He has all the tools you want in a QB and had a terrific 2018. Love will either be a Top 5-8 QB or a huge bust like Blaine Gabbert/Kizer. Jordan Love is the very definition of Boom or Bust. There is zero middle ground. If I’m a NFL team, I still take Love way, way before Justin Herbert all day. Herbert, is basically the Winston/Mariota type who keeps your franchise back for 5 years. He’s below average, but not terrible, and shows flashes. And then you don’t renew his contract after 5 years. That’s Justin Herbert. Love you’ll know in Year Two whether he’s a Boom or Bust. 

Also, the guy you are sharing the video from, Alex Rollins, has said on record, Justin Herbert is a bust. Heck the video is titled Justin Herbert Bust. 

And sure, you’ll find me in the “Who would you draft at 19” section with Love Ranked as 4th or 5th Option, because of BPA. But you’ll never find a single of post of me saying “We NEED to draft Jordan Love, right now!!!”. “He HAS to be Carrs replacement”. I’ve definitely never pounded the table for Jordan Love to the Raiders in any way. So I hope your post isn’t directed at me, Jim. 

Interesting deflection from Love’s issues.  I nor anyone else brought up Herbert. 

and not every post I make is about you nor towards you. There were several people prior to FA who ((edit: ‘for whom’ , not ‘who’)) Love was an option at 12.

Edited by jimkelly02

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Interesting deflection from Love’s issues.  I nor anyone else brought up Herbert. 

and not every post I make is about you nor towards you. There were several people prior to FA who Love was an option at 12.

Was this a different forum? I don’t remember a single member of the 40-45 posters on here advocating for Jordan Love. I personally think you just wanted to hate on Love, which you do all the time. 

I’ve never posted the Alex Rollins “Justin Herbert is the Next NFL Bust” video because I didn’t wanna get labeled a hater. Which I would of been labeled. 

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Was this a different forum? I don’t remember a single member of the 40-45 posters on here advocating for Jordan Love. I personally think you just wanted to hate on Love, which you do all the time. 

I’ve never posted the Alex Rollins “Justin Herbert is the Next NFL Bust” video because I didn’t wanna get labeled a hater. Which I would of been labeled. 

I'm not suggesting that anyone did advocate for love. Neither did @jimkelly02. I think we all want to pass on him. Or maybe that's just me idk.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Who ever suggested drafting Love? I don’t remember anyone suggesting draft him. Definitely wasn’t me. Yes, he’s my 15th Overall Ranked Prospect because of his skillset, and possible “boom”. He has all the tools you want in a QB and had a terrific 2018. Love will either be a Top 5-8 QB or a huge bust like Blaine Gabbert/Kizer. Jordan Love is the very definition of Boom or Bust.

Your preferred option was getting Brady and drafting Love at 12 though? 

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 1

On 22/01/2020 at 12:51 AM, BayRaider said:

We may all have our disagreements, especially with our QB situation, but just wanna say I think we universally agree with whatever Mayock drafts. He has full my support and I trust him completely. Preferably I want Brady on a two year deal and Jordan Love at Pick 12 but if Mayock goes Carr and like Ruggs/Kinlaw I'll be 100% on board.