2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

It can still work out for everyone in this deep class. 

Eagles give us 21 and 53 for 12 and 81.

19. Jaylon/Terrell, 21. Baun/Blacklock

53. Shenault

80. Pittman Jr. (think hes still here)

However, I’ll very respectfully disagree that we need 2 WR’s in this draft. Tyrell is a very solid starter and Renfrow is just fine in the slot, not to mention Agholor sounds like a perfect slot also, for Grudens offense. 

I think we just need one outside starter and we’re good. 

We need wrs at least 2 imo. No excuses anymore lol one guy gets hurt then here come the excuses. 

nelson has to find some hands first

hunter has to prove he can take big time hits in the slot 

tyrell has to prove he can stay healthy 

zay just got to get some targets

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We need wrs at least 2 imo. No excuses anymore lol one guy gets hurt then here come the excuses. 

nelson has to find some hands first

hunter has to prove he can take big time hits in the slot 

tyrell has to prove he can stay healthy 

zay just got to get some targets

Agree. This is the NFL. "Enough" never really is enough. We need to score lots of points. Adding a talented WR waiting in the wings is the move.

I’m a pro Carr guy but i think it would very foolish to leave the first round without a #1 WRs. I believe you need a go to guy to be truly effective and the Raiders do not have that. I’m looking for a move the chains red zone guy that they’ve lacked since Crabtree. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

I’m a pro Carr guy but i think it would very foolish to leave the first round without a #1 WRs. I believe you need a go to guy to be truly effective and the Raiders do not have that. I’m looking for a move the chains red zone guy that they’ve lacked since Crabtree. 

Plenty of guys like this will be there in the Late 2nd and Possibly Early 3rd though is the thing. It’s one of the deepest WR classes ever. As NYRaider said, 10 of 12 teams in the playoffs did not have a true #1. Just a couple solid starters and a solid defense. 

If we stay at 12, and the Big Three Defenders are gone, I agree Jeudy/Ruggs/Lamb is the no brainer pick. 

However, if Mayock trades down and grabs two defenders in the 1st, and a WR in the Late 2nd, I see no issue with this what so ever. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Plenty of guys like this will be there in the Late 2nd and Possibly Early 3rd though is the thing. It’s one of the deepest WR classes ever. As NYRaider said, 10 of 12 teams in the playoffs did not have a true #1. Just a couple solid starters and a solid defense. 

If we stay at 12, and the Big Three Defenders are gone, I agree Jeudy/Ruggs/Lamb is the no brainer pick. 

However, if Mayock trades down and grabs two defenders in the 1st, and a WR in the Late 2nd, I see no issue with this what so ever. 

Go to guys in the late 2nd?

I don't see it.

The guys I see becoming "go to guys" potentially are: Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Mims, and Reagor. After that you can make a shakier case for Higgins and after that I don't see it.

Rewatched the CJ Henderson game vs LSU again. He did have 2 nice PBUs and a stop on 3rd down. But he missed 50% of his tackles (or at least allowed them to get 5+ yards after catch/first downs). If you're such a liability on the boundary, teams will target you with YAC plays and runs to your side of the field.

Henderson would be terrible against a team with a spread out quick passing offense because every time his receiver catches the ball, there's a good chance they'll drag henderson for yards, if they don't break his tackle attempt.

Not only that, but I noticed him starting to put his arm on Chase's shoulder when the ball was in the air. You'll start drawing flags for that in the NFL, especially if it's a pattern. He's not a strong guy and he'd get physically destroyed against "alpha" physical receivers like AJ Brown and Michael Thomas in the NFL. On the other hand, some of the other corners may not be quite as "sticky" with his HWS combo, but they have the physicality in their press technique/tackling/etc. to be able to play bigger more physical receivers and make tackles to prevent big YAC plays.

Jeff Gladney is smaller than Henderson, but plays way bigger. Hell Amik Robertson plays way more physical than Henderson and is way smaller. My guy Terrell has shown the ability to stack and shed in the run game. I can see why you'd want Henderson on quick fast receivers like Hill, Sanders, etc. but at what cost?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Rewatched the CJ Henderson game vs LSU again. He did have 2 nice PBUs and a stop on 3rd down. But he missed 50% of his tackles (or at least allowed them to get 5+ yards after catch/first downs). If you're such a liability on the boundary, teams will target you with YAC plays and runs to your side of the field.

Henderson would be terrible against a team with a spread out quick passing offense because every time his receiver catches the ball, there's a good chance they'll drag henderson for yards, if they don't break his tackle attempt.

Not only that, but I noticed him starting to put his arm on Chase's shoulder when the ball was in the air. You'll start drawing flags for that in the NFL, especially if it's a pattern. He's not a strong guy and he'd get physically destroyed against "alpha" physical receivers like AJ Brown and Michael Thomas in the NFL. On the other hand, some of the other corners may not be quite as "sticky" with his HWS combo, but they have the physicality in their press technique/tackling/etc. to be able to play bigger more physical receivers and make tackles to prevent big YAC plays.

Jeff Gladney is smaller than Henderson, but plays way bigger. Hell Amik Robertson plays way more physical than Henderson and is way smaller. My guy Terrell has shown the ability to stack and shed in the run game. I can see why you'd want Terrell on quick fast receivers like Hill, Sanders, etc. but at what cost?

This is my biggest concern with Henderson. He’d be horrible in the screen game. KC would literally eat him alive 5-7 yards at a time. 

Henderson is a big pass for me at 12. And he’s a pass for me at 19, too. I’d take Terrell and Johnson over him straight up. 

• Like 2

AJ Terrell actually is the best screen-defender in this draft which I’ve commented in here a few times. He takes the angle brilliantly, and gets a accurate tackle for no-gain almost every time. Every corner is great at a certain thing and you’re not throwing many screens on Terrell. 

Henderson is staying put at 17 if I do another mock but Greedy fell last year from projected 20-25 to 45 or so because mainly tackling. I don’t think Henderson would ever tumble that far, but it certainly wouldn’t be shocking if he fell to the 25-30 range after being projected 16-17 basically all draft-season. Look at Delpit, Projected Top 5 Pick going into the season. He’s still a projected Top 5 Pick. In the 2nd Round. 

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

{b]Plenty of guys like this will be there in the Late 2nd and Possibly Early 3rd[/b] though is the thing. It’s one of the deepest WR classes ever. As NYRaider said, 10 of 12 teams in the playoffs did not have a true #1. Just a couple solid starters and a solid defense. 

You must be who bigpalooka talking about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

You must be who bigpalooka talking about.

?

Deep WR class. Higgins, Shenault, Pittman Jr, Claypool, Hamler should be there in the Late 2nd (53 and later). 4 out of 5, at least. These are all solid starting WRs. 

?

Deep WR class. Higgins, Shenault, Pittman Jr, Claypool, Hamler should be there in the Late 2nd (53 and later). 4 out of 5, at least. These are all solid starting WRs. 

Solid starting WR =/ go to guy.

I can argue that there are even more starting WR in this group. But not go to guys.

• Like 1

?

We have no 2nd round pick and you have to be really lucky to get a guy in the 3rd who can make a difference immediately no matter how deep we think the draft is.

• Like 1