2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Supposedly Philadelphia wants to move up to get him. Give me #21, #53, and #127 and you can come get him at #12. I'll take Laviska Shenault at #21 and call it a day. 

Ugh while the extra picks are certainly nice i just think Lamb makes our offense so good and outside of Lamb, Jeudy, and maybe Ruggs we get a guy who is just going to be an average starter.  
I think Lamb’s addition just volts our offense so much.  Plus, trading down from 19 is the right play.

with a guy like Shenault we’d be stuck having to scheme mismatches for him to get any production.  Same with Reagor, etc.  but with Lamb he can produce within the normal offense and open things up for others.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ugh while the extra picks are certainly nice i just think Lamb makes our offense so good and outside of Lamb, Jeudy, and maybe Ruggs we get a guy who is just going to be an average starter.  
I think Lamb’s addition just volts our offense so much.  Plus, trading down from 19 is the right play.

with a guy like Shenault we’d be stuck having to scheme mismatches for him to get any production.  Same with Reagor, etc.  but with Lamb he can produce within the normal offense and open things up for others.

I really like Lamb and think he's going to be an excellent player but the list of 1st round pick WR's scares me. 

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Exactly... and I’m not trying to bust on anyone’s last pick in their mock or late round flier prediction.... this is a generalized statement about prospects:

Had Crosby been considered as an early entry candidate going into his junior year he’s probably have been a late 2nd round pick.

Crosby should've went a lot higher based on his traits alone. Dude had #1 overall pick type of athleticism at the combine. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

You think Tuszka could be a SLB?

Maybe in a 3-4. I just think he's another James Cowser type of player/prospect. Above average athlete with below average length/size that dominated against weak competition but doesn't have the tools to be a difference maker in the league. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Ehh. With a player like Tua you're potentially getting a Russell Wilson/Drew Brees type of player. With their defense, an improved OL, weapons, and a young star QB they'd be right in the mix of things in the AFC. As we've seen with Arizona too, if he doesn't seem like he's the guy and you have a shot at Fields or Lawerence next year, you can always swing again.

Tua never played a full season not even in high school,  let that sink in.

After 6-7 years of getting hurt constantly you expect him to change?

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Tua never played a full season not even in high school,  let that sink in.

After 6-7 years of getting hurt constantly you expect him to change?

He played in all 15 games as a sophomore at Alabama. The injury history is definitely concerning but his upside is a left handed Drew Brees. They just added Turner/Bulaga to their OL, go get a LT at #37 and their unit should be able to keep him clean. Again, if he reaches his upside, Tua slanging the rock around to Ekeler/Allen/Williams/Henry with their defense, they can compete in the AFC immediately. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He played in all 15 games as a sophomore at Alabama. The injury history is definitely concerning but his upside is a left handed Drew Brees. They just added Turner/Bulaga to their OL, go get a LT at #37 and their unit should be able to keep him clean. Again, if he reaches his upside, Tua slanging the rock around to Ekeler/Allen/Williams/Henry with their defense, they can compete in the AFC immediately. 

Didn’t he hurt his ankle  and get pulled out of a game?

I’m not arguing about the man’s talent. I just can’t see him playing long in the NFL.

I have to edit this

2018 he missed Mississippi State game with a  quad injury.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Maybe in a 3-4. I just think he's another James Cowser type of player/prospect. Above average athlete with below average length/size that dominated against weak competition but doesn't have the tools to be a difference maker in the league. 

I wasn't thinking about Crosby, but Tuszka's metrics are alot closer to Crosby than Cowser he blows Cowser away and is actually stonger than Crosby coming out.

37 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Gibson is intriguing.  Just to play devil advocate though... despite his 228lb frame  it’s questionable that he’s going to be able to run between the tackles effectively and carry the load with 20+ runs if needed due to injuries.  He may be more of a low volume but big play potential RB.  

If Jacobs were to go down, I think you go committee 100%.  Projecting Gibson to take 12+ carries is a big jump, we wouldn't want to count on him. But as a RB that can be a tailback, or a slot WR and seriously run a deep pattern, I like the matchup potential. Make teams decide who they gonna cover him with.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I wasn't thinking about Crosby, but Tuszka's metrics are alot closer to Crosby than Cowser he blows Cowser away and is actually stonger than Crosby coming out.

Cowser 6'3" 248 (32 7/8 arms)

40 time: 4.82 (74th percentile)

Vertical: 31.5" (53rd percentile)

Broad jump: 111" (52nd percentile)

3-cone: 6.80 (98th percentile)

20 yard shuttle: 4.31 (84th percentile)

Bench reps: 21 (21st percentile)

Tuszka 6'4" 251 (31 3/8 arms)

40 time: 4.79 (77th percentile)

Vertical: 33.5" (73rd percentile)

Broad jump: 120" (87th percentile)

3-cone: 6.87 (97th percentile)

20 yard shuttle: 4.34 (82nd percentile)

Bench reps: 24 (41st percentile)

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, massraider said:

If Jacobs were to go down, I think you go committee 100%.  Projecting Gibson to take 12+ carries is a big jump, we wouldn't want to count on him. But as a RB that can be a tailback, or a slot WR and seriously run a deep pattern, I like the matchup potential. Make teams decide who they gonna cover him with.

I'd be okay with drafting CeeDee Lamb, Zack Moss, and Antonio Gibson. Carry Gibson as the 6th WR and move him all around the field. 

• Like 1

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Have a feeling they would go with Ruggs or Jeudy if they were able to trade up

IIRC I saw something that said they love Ruggs. It's a copy cat league if they get Ruggs they have their mini version of Mahomes/Hill/Kelce in Lock/Ruggs/Fant.