2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

I love diego, even though I grew up outside of LA (Azusa) one of the best places you could live in the usa imo.

My brother moved down there for college at USD, never came back because he loved it so much. Best weather in the country in that city, best beach-life in the country, microbrewery capital of the entire world, way better traffic than LA/Bay, the food scene is not far off from LA. Not to mention Diego is way cheaper than LA/Bay. 

• Like 1

https://sportsnaut.com/2020/04/report-broncos-raiders-both-very-high-on-surprise-wr-prospect/ just saw and wanted to post this, I wasn't gonna say this before cuz people wouild say im nuts but everyone on here knows ive been in his corner for a minute now. still couyld be just smoke, no doubt.....and reality is it probably is. but either way here`s the article since we were discussing this earlier.lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

https://sportsnaut.com/2020/04/report-broncos-raiders-both-very-high-on-surprise-wr-prospect/ just saw and wanted to post this, I wasn't gonna say this before cuz people wouild say im nuts but everyone on here knows ive been in his corner for a minute now. still couyld be just smoke, no doubt.....and reality is it probably is. but either way here`s the article since we were discussing this earlier.lol

Outside of the big 3 falling, Mims is the only WR I select at 19 if we don’t get one of them at 12. Pass on Jefferson for me. 

Mims has the highest ceiling of the class for sure. He’s a risk, but he’s not Boom or Bust. He has a decent floor. Although his floor is definitely much behind Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, and Jefferson. 

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

I wouldn't argue that at all, kinda guy no one wants to talk about and everyone wants to stay under the radar for their team.lol damn combine 40! lol

4.38 with his size is scary good. Like McLaurin last year, except he’s a definitely a better prospect than McLaurin heading into the draft. 

46 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. A city with a lot of trees/green. Breathing is so noticeably better, it’s crazy. California sucks for breathing, especially the Central Valley from Stockton all the way down to Bakersfield. The sky is gray in Bakersfield and Fresno lol. 

Yup some of the worst air qualitg in the country. The consequences of being below sea level and surrounded by ag. Despite the username, no longer live in Stk. Moved to the northern bay area some years ago. Feel like I added years to my life with the air quality difference.

• Like 2

FootballsFuture Official Fan Draft from the draft section (voting):

No Trades

2020 FF NFL Consensus Mock Draft V2
1. Cincinnati - Joe Burrow [ QB ] LSU
2. Washington - Chase Young [ EDGE ] Ohio State
3. Detroit - Jeffrey Okudah [ CB ] Ohio State
4. NY Giants - Tristan Wirfs [ OT ] Iowa
5. Miami - Tua Tagovailoa [ QB ] Alabama
6. LA Chargers - Justin Herbert [ QB ] Oregon
7. Carolina - Isaiah Simmons [LB] Clemson
8. Arizona - Jedrick Wills [OT] Alabama
9. Jacksonville - Derrick Brown [IDL] Auburn
10. Cleveland - Andrew Thomas [OT] Georgia
11. NY Jets - Mekhi Becton [OT] Louisville
12. Las Vegas - CeeDee Lamb [WR] Oklahoma
13. San Francisco (From Indianapolis) - Jerry Jeudy [WR] Alabama
14. Tampa Bay - Javon Kinlaw [IDL] South Carolina
15. Denver - Henry Ruggs III [WR] Alabama
16. Atlanta - C.J. Henderson [CB] Florida
17. Dallas - K'Lavon Chaisson [EDGE] LSU
18. Miami (From Pittsburgh) - Josh Jones [ OT ] Houston
19. Las Vegas (From Chicago) - AJ Terrell [ CB ] Clemson
20. Jacksonville (From LA Rams) - AJ Epenesa [ EDGE ] Iowa
21. Philadelphia - Justin Jefferson [ WR ] LSU
22. Minnesota (From Buffalo) - Kristian Fulton [ CB ] LSU
23. New England - Jordan Love [ QB ] Utah State
24. New Orleans - Patrick Queen [ LB ] LSU
25. Minnesota - Yetur Gross-Matos [ EDGE ] Penn State
26. Miami (From Houston) - Cesar Ruiz [ IOL ] Michigan
27. Seattle - Ross Blacklock [ DT ] TCU
28. Baltimore - Zach Baun [ EDGE ] Wisconsin
29. Tennessee - Jeff Gladney [ CB ] TCU
30. Green Bay - Denzel Mims [ WR ] Baylor
31. San Francisco - Jaylon Johnson [ CB ] Utah (current vote leader)
32. Kansas City - Kenneth Murray [ LB ] - Oklahoma (My guess who the fans will vote)

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

My brother moved down there for college at USD, never came back because he loved it so much. Best weather in the country in that city, best beach-life in the country, microbrewery capital of the entire world, way better traffic than LA/Bay, the food scene is not far off from LA. Not to mention Diego is way cheaper than LA/Bay. 

I’m in the same boat as your brother. I moved to La Jolla/UCSD area for Physical Therapy school after living in Northern California my whole life...idk if I’ll be able to leave. Never thought I’d live by the water but I can see why people don’t want to leave. It makes everything better and everyone’s mood around here is A1. Pricing isn’t ideal obviously but I’d rather have a smaller house with a good location then live in a larger house with nothing of note in my surrounding area. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Chris Simms is not my buddy and I highly disagree with his Jeudy assessment. Jeudy has been #1 WR for me since December. He’s the only WR I have in my “Blue Chip Prospects”. 

Calling a player with no elite traits "blue chip" is cringe worthy. This is HB level drraft stuff where we just start calling a good player "blue chip"/

There isn't a blue chip WR in this class. Blue chip WRs are guys like Julio, Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, etc. Elite size, speed, catch radius and hands. physical specimens who can contort their bodies to make any catch. Blue chip WRs are RARE. 

Jeudy doesn't have elite speed, he's undersized, not good in contested catch, gets dropsies when contested. He's not even a good red zone target. He's a great route runner and run after the catch. 

That's not worth a top 5 pick where a "blue chip" WR would be taken.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Outside of the big 3 falling, Mims is the only WR I select at 19 if we don’t get one of them at 12. Pass on Jefferson for me. 

Mims has the highest ceiling of the class for sure. He’s a risk, but he’s not Boom or Bust. He has a decent floor. Although his floor is definitely much behind Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb, and Jefferson. 

Has Mims become your new Aiyuk? You said Aiyuk had the highest ceiling in this class previously. 

I find it ironic that when draft twitter/media was talking up Aiyuk weeks back, you said he had the highest ceiling of any WR in the class. This week, draft twitter/media are talking up Mims and now HE has the high ceiling in the class.

20 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I’m in the same boat as your brother. I moved to La Jolla/UCSD area for Physical Therapy school after living in Northern California my whole life...idk if I’ll be able to leave. Never thought I’d live by the water but I can see why people don’t want to leave. It makes everything better and everyone’s mood around here is A1. Pricing isn’t ideal obviously but I’d rather have a smaller house with a good location then live in a larger house with nothing of note in my surrounding area. 

Was just in La Jolla. I have family in Costa Mesa and every time I am out there, I want to move out there. There really is something about being near water. Good way of life. Ironic part is, I do most my business in CA, but live in Atlanta. It's a cool place, just wish it was on water lol.

39 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Calling a player with no elite traits "blue chip" is cringe worthy. This is HB level drraft stuff where we just start calling a good player "blue chip"/

There isn't a blue chip WR in this class. Blue chip WRs are guys like Julio, Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, etc. Elite size, speed, catch radius and hands. physical specimens who can contort their bodies to make any catch. Blue chip WRs are RARE. 

Jeudy doesn't have elite speed, he's undersized, not good in contested catch, gets dropsies when contested. He's not even a good red zone target. He's a great route runner and run after the catch. 

That's not worth a top 5 pick where a "blue chip" WR would be taken.

We have different definitions of Blue Chip Prospects, which is totally fine. Not one size fits all. Ones you’re describing to me are more so Generational Talents. I have three generational prospects in this class and six Blue Chip guys, one being Jeudy. If you disagree with that, cool. But that’s just an opinion on your part, just like it’s an opinion on my part. 

• Like 1