2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

54 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I'm down to move up to get Simmons. I'd even use a 1st from 2021 or 2022 along with #12. I think he is gonna that kind of impact player that never has to come off the field. But to double dip in the first on WR isn't worth it imo because of the depth of the position class.

I’d be down to move up from 12 to get Okudah. If he slips to say the Cardinals 8 I think they’d  be interested in our #80. Trade Chart value is really close and they’d still get their top need at OT with one of the big 4.

taking it a step farther, trade back at 19 to late 1st and get Mims.  Use that compensation with another 3rd+ and trade back up to nab a falling Baun at SLB. Chance his diluted sample opens the door to him slipping slightly as I could see people being more conservative with the current state of affairs.

Okudah, Mims, Baun would be amazing...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I think People-Jones and Pittman are the two prospects in the 3rd Round that could develop into a #1 WR, or at least Upper Tier #2. Pittman is the way safer prospect, but People-Jones definitely has way more upside. I’d rather go Pittman, but I wouldn’t be mad with Jones. 

I think Pittman has moved himself into the 2nd round. 

33 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

I’d be down to move up from 12 to get Okudah. If he slips to say the Cardinals 8 I think they’d  be interested in our #80. Trade Chart value is really close and they’d still get their top need at OT with one of the big 4.

taking it a step farther, trade back at 19 to late 1st and get Mims.  Use that compensation with another 3rd+ and trade back up to nab a falling Baun at SLB. Chance his diluted sample opens the door to him slipping slightly as I could see people being more conservative with the current state of affairs.

I know the argument for Okudah but I wouldn't give up a future 1st for him when I can get a starter later in the 1st. Meaning I don't see him as an undeniable dynamic talent like Simmons. He will be a great player but not in the same vein as Simmons imo. Too many plays Okudah made last year were due to bad QB play or plays that would be called PI in the NFL 9 times out of ten. I still see him as the best corner in the draft but just not willing to give up that much for him.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Pittman has moved himself into the 2nd round. 

Easily. Yesterday I listened to his interview on the Move the Sticks podcast, and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He mentioned the trend of the league going to smaller, quicker receivers and that being the reason he went back to school to refine his game.

He also seemed to answer questions in a logical way. I usually hate player interviews because they all seem to say the same things. For example, Pittman was asked whether his playing defensive end in high school helps him as a receiver. Initially, he said it did because it made him understand basic defensive calls. He then said as he goes up in levels and defenses become more complex, his background as an end was inconsequential. I liked that response. I think a lot of players would just be like "oh definitely" and left it at that. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we stay at 19 and go CB I would be happy with Terrell.  Hopefully we can trade back, get more pick and get him a bit later!

We're in the same position at #19 with a CB as we were at #4 with an edge last year. Obviously if we can trade down, add more picks, and still get our guy that's the best case scenario. But if you can't find a trade partner or get fair value for the selection, you take the player that fits your need. 

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

b) guard 

If we're keeping Gabe Jackson around I don't think we need to invest into a guard. Good, James, Kush, and Devey are all solid backups plus we have Lester Cotton who will likely be a PS guy. 

3 hours ago, massraider said:

The team did, I think a very good job filling holes. It means we need to get that starting WR, and hopefully a CB, and then take BPA at a lot of different positions. 

That's what Mayock said during his press conference. We added 4 potential starters in the front 7 who are all 26 or younger in Collins, Nassib, Littleton, and Kwiatkoski. Plus Randall (28 y/o) at FS who's a former first round pick that has played all over the secondary and Heath (29 y/o) who has started 44 games over the last 3 years in Dallas. 

Obviously we still need a CB but as you said we're in a very good spot to attack BPA across the defense. It's going to be so refreshing to have a bunch of young, speedy players across our defense as opposed to what we've had in the past. As our defense currently projects, even with the rookies, we're only going to have 1 starter that's 30+ in LaMarcus Joyner. 

59 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Okudah reminds me of Sean Smith coming out of Utah “on the field “

No trades mock for you ladies and gentlemen. 

12 - CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma

19 - AJ Terrell | CB | Clemson 

80 - Ashtyn Davis | S | California

81 - Amik Robertson | CB | Louisiana Tech

91 - Zack Moss | RB | Utah

121 - McTelvin Agim | DT | Arkansas 

159 - Tanner Muse | LB | Clemson

• Like 3