2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

There are rumors that Okudah could slide down the board into the 8-10 range.

I dunno if these rumors are allowed to stack, but if Okudah, Simmons, Brown and Tua are all sliding to the 10 range 12 is going to be an awesome place to pick at.

Might ripple to make 19 a clear pick too.

If we got Jeffrey Okudah/Derrick Brown and Jerry Jeudy/Ceedee Lamb/Henry Ruggs III I'd be so flipping excited.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Man ya'll crazy if is Ruggs is your #1 guy he is going to get the ball, this "he's not a high volume guy" is ridiculous, and the ability to take it to the house on any touch is scary. And I honestly see more guy's that can develop into Lamb type Wr's later in the draft.

I don’t think it’s crazy at all in fact it’s hard to name many WRs like Ruggs who are high volume targets.  Is Cooks, Will Fuller, etc?  Nope.

You just like Ruggs for his speed and big play potential and that’s fine.  But there’s very good arguments to be made both ways.  

8 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I dunno if these rumors are allowed to stack, but if Okudah, Simmons, Brown and Tua are all sliding to the 10 range 12 is going to be an awesome place to pick at.

Might ripple to make 19 a clear pick too.

If we got Jeffrey Okudah/Derrick Brown and Jerry Jeudy/Ceedee Lamb/Henry Ruggs III I'd be so flipping excited.

I’d absolutely even give up 2 3rds to move up from 12 or 19 or slighly from both to make that happen.

we honestly don’t need a large draft class. We only have handful of wholes in the roster and still have money to spend in FA (8.7M) so if we could get a small draft class but get 2 studs that’d be a great move.

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t think it’s crazy at all in fact it’s hard to name many WRs like Ruggs who are high volume targets.  Is Cooks, Will Fuller, etc?  Nope.

You just like Ruggs for his speed and big play potential and that’s fine.  But there’s very good arguments to be made both ways.  

I like him because he play's bigger than both of those guys and runs more routes. You are pigeon holing him into just a speed guy.

Edited by raidr4life

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d absolutely even give up 2 3rds to move up from 12 or 19 or slighly from both to make that happen.

we honestly don’t need a large draft class. We only have handful of wholes in the roster and still have money to spend in FA (8.7M) so if we could get a small draft class but get 2 studs that’d be a great move.

Agreed but more picks is more talent or potential to get picks that hit. Just cause we take guy in first didn't mean he's sure thing.

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Just 5 more days! I created the biggest thread in the history of this website!! I should be a made a mod!!!

You also created more threads in the history of this website thus not letting anybody else start a thread and changed your name more times too,. 2021 draft thread coming tomorrow probably.

Joaquin Phoenix Thumbs Down GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I like him because he play's bigger than both of those guys and runs more routes. You are pigeon holing him into just a speed guy.

I don’t have any agenda to pigeon hole him.  Heck, I don’t even care to change your opinion on him.  
if you want to think he’s the next star of the nfl go for it.  But there’s a lot of people who have legit concerns with him.  You said everyone’s “crazy” to not want the consensus 3rd WR.  Its just your preference of Ruggs and that’s fine.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t have any agenda to pigeon hole him.  Heck, I don’t even care to change your opinion on him.  
if you want to think he’s the next star of the nfl go for it.  But there’s a lot of people who have legit concerns with him.  You said everyone’s “crazy” to not want the consensus 3rd WR.  Its just your preference of Ruggs and that’s fine.

Nope i said ya'll crazy for thinking he's only a 60 catch low volume WR.

4 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Agreed but more picks is more talent or potential to get picks that hit. Just cause we take guy in first didn't mean he's sure thing.

That’s a fair argument.  I was just agreeing with someone else’s opinion that if we could land “Jeffrey Okudah/Derrick Brown and Jerry Jeudy/Ceedee Lamb/Henry Ruggs III“ it’s be a great draft.

arguments can be made both ways.  Im just saying on a team lacking playmakers on both sides of the ball id be willing to sacrifice a little draft depth for higher end talent.

its not even likely we could get 2 of those guys anyways.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Man ya'll crazy if is Ruggs is your #1 guy he is going to get the ball, this "he's not a high volume guy" is ridiculous, and the ability to take it to the house on any touch is scary. And I honestly see more guy's that can develop into Lamb type Wr's later in the draft.

I stand corrected the grammatical error through me off.

but i still don’t think he’s going to ever be a WR who consistently has 80+ catches.  He’s not a “chain mover”.  He’ll get his big plays here and there but he’s never going to be an elite WR.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

Every one wants Ruggs to be Tyreke Hill 2.0. What makes him more Tyreke then John Ross or Brandin Cooks? Hollywood Brown was ballin when he was healthy, and he was a burner too. How does he compare with all those speedsters? 

Edited by Humble_Beast