Broncos release veteran S TJ Ward

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Am I the only one who sees the Raiders potentially picking him up?  They could use the secondary help and it always makes sense to sign a player away from a division rival

Nah. We have Karl Joseph manning one spot for sure and Obi probably manning the other, although he has played some LBer for us too. Reggie Nelson sorta sucks but I dont think we would can him and bring in Ward for a year. Rookie S Luani looks good so far too so I doubt we target him.

Plus I think he's a total tool so..

10 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Never really thought Ward was as good as a bunch of guys here did. Not bad, just not as good. Not surprised Simmons is taking his job.

Would've thought he would be traded, though.

Basically this. Ward has been a little overrated for awhile, but he's still too good to be a last minute cut like this.

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

Am I the only one who sees the Raiders potentially picking him up?  They could use the secondary help and it always makes sense to sign a player away from a division rival

TJ HATES the Raiders lol so I dont see that happening. Plus we dont need him. Hes a box guy.

But Elway kinda screwed Ward here. Why wait a week before the year to cut him? He couldve  potentially got a decent deal from another team had he been available earlier - ala TJ McDonald. Ive seen that alot of prominent defensive players on the Broncos are pretty PO'd about this.

There are a couple of teams that could definitely use someone like T.J. Ward.  @Counselor already mentioned Dallas.  I think the Lions, the Panthers, the Bears or the Rams could all benefit from Ward.   Maybe the Texans?  I don't think they need a strong safety, but if Ward really is a knee assassin, I'm sure the Browns' defensive coordinator would love him. 

Archived