**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

9 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I'm a bit (understatement) late to the party, but I can take over a team if you want to

That would be awesome.

You gotta team in mind?

I've got the Bears open along with the following teams

OaklandRaiders
AtlantaFalcons
BaltimoreRavens
ArizonaCardinals
BuffaloBills
CarolinaPanthers
CincinnatiBengals
HoustonTexans
IndianapolisColts
JacksonvilleJaguars
LosAngelesChargers
LosAngelesRams
MiamiDolphins
SeattleSeahawks
TampaBayBuccaneers
TennesseeTitans

4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

That would be awesome.

You gotta team in mind?

I've got the Bears open along with the following teams

OaklandRaiders
AtlantaFalcons
BaltimoreRavens
ArizonaCardinals
BuffaloBills
CarolinaPanthers
CincinnatiBengals
HoustonTexans
IndianapolisColts
JacksonvilleJaguars
LosAngelesChargers
LosAngelesRams
MiamiDolphins
SeattleSeahawks
TampaBayBuccaneers
TennesseeTitans

I'll take the Panthers thanks!

I'll catch up on everything I have to do tomorrow

Cheers

Just now, TedLavie said:

I'll take the Panthers thanks!

I'll catch up on everything I have to do tomorrow

Cheers

Cool...

Draft starts tomorrow morning.

I'll update the workbooks with the new team and the removal of the Bears.  I'll post the new draft order later today.

Thanks man.

These private workbooks that I sent out, I decided to just leave the ability to view the simulated standings.  As you add players to the roster it will adjust the league standings, as you adjust the game plan sliders it will change the league standings.  The sliders won't make huge changes but just remember to give it a few moments with each change as it does take a second to update.

Your silence is killing me.

Not sure if you guys have ever done a draft like this where you're picking position groups but I've never done it, so be patient with me.

Some of you will notice that the League Cap of $216,430,000 doesn't seem like much when you consider a lot of these teams are already close to being over the cap.  Just keep in mind that a big part of this experiment is to help us figure out what a good working cap should be, so we may adjust it after the draft section of this SIM.  I want you guys to have enough money to load up your rosters but not so much that every position is stacked with talent.

When drafting don't worry so much about going over the cap at this point, you won't be penalized for being over as I expect most of us to be over the cap within the first two rounds.

A couple things pertaining to your private books.

As much as I hate to say this, and believe me I'm trying to figure out a better solution but as you draft players to the roster it will mess up your drop/trade column.  So I'd recommend once you know the players that you are releasing for sure, then post them in the League office thread (not yet created).

I'm thinking I can fix this in future workbooks but the way this is structured and linked attempting to change it now would screw the whole thing up.

So don't get too carried away with marking players for trade, because every time you add or remove players completely from the roster it will alter which players are marked.

Sorry about this.  I'd recommend using the release drop down strictly for just seeing what it would do to your cap and the trade block strictly for the top tier talent or at least limit it to 5 or 7 guys or whatever number you're comfortable changing on a regular basis.

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I was really gunning to put Christian McCaffrey on the Eagles offense.

I.is.disappoint 

Right...Even with Barkley the rushing game for the Giants is still considered near the bottom because of the talent behind him not putting up enough numbers.  Sucks because as an individual he's ranked really high but in terms of team stats the team didn't do so hot.  So he would have been a nice add to the Hatters roster as well.