**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

If we don't get another member signed up, I'll take a second team 

giphy.gif

Although I'd rather someone else manage the team as I'll be busy with the workbook.

Also, @Counselor I'll need you to help me out along with another member or two to manage the trade council.  Counselor you'll also be our commish for this event so bring your hammer...haha.

The hammer is brought 🔨 

I'll get a draft thread posted for this in the following days.

We'll use this as our means of discussion.  

I was really hoping to use just one workbook to manage this entire thing but setting the permissions to allow members access to their team page and nothing else isn't working out so well.  If I can't figure out a work around for this I'll have to change a few things and provide everyone their own private workbook...sorry about that.

13 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Also my plans have changed so if you guys would prefer to kick this off as early as Sunday morning I'm down for that, but need everyone on board before I change this time.  As of right now we are scheduled for a Monday morning kick off.

How long are you expecting the draft part to take?

I'll be pretty much unavailable from the 23rd-27th but should be good otherwise.

Still in and good for Sunday.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

How long are you expecting the draft part to take?

I'll be pretty much unavailable from the 23rd-27th but should be good otherwise.

Still in and good for Sunday.

Good question.  This is scheduled to last 12 days.  With the same 45 min. time slots for each team to start at the same time each day.  So if you pick at 12:00 on Monday that will be your time slot for the entire draft.  Should make it easier for everyone to work it out.  Not sure if scheduling it this way helps you out at all.

Also, how far do you guys wanna take this mock.  I've been working an the standings simulator and would like to test it out here if possible.  Still needs work but I think I'm getting close to having a "decent" system in place, that will allow us to use sliders to determine how heavy you want your team to pass vs rush on offense.  The defensive slider is a bit more complicated to set up because I'm using attempts to allow you to adjust the pass vs rush on offense but for defense it's looking more like defensive line vs defensive secondary.  

If we do decide this is something we'd want to test out during this run, I'll write something up this evening to explain how it works so that you'll have a better idea on which players you might look for when drafting.

I'm also gonna try to work in the free agency side of this into the workbook this Sat.

Also, I didn't put any thought into the divisions for these teams but if someone wants to go the extra mile and make it look better please post it here.

This is currently what I've got listed out.

Division Team Name
E1 New York Jets
E2 Cleveland Spiders
E3 Denver Broncos
E4 Dallas Cowboys
N1 New York MadHatters
N2 New Orleans Saints
N3 Green Bay Packers
N4 Chicago Bears
S1 Detroit Lions
S2 Steel City Renegades
S3 Kansas City Chiefs
S4 San Francisco 49ers
W1 Minnesota Vikings
W2 New England Patriots
W3 Philadelphia Eagles
W4 Washington Redskins

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Also my plans have changed so if you guys would prefer to kick this off as early as Sunday morning I'm down for that, but need everyone on board before I change this time.  As of right now we are scheduled for a Monday morning kick off.

I am on vacation starting tomorrow though next friday.  Fine to start whenever, but will likely miss some picks. 

• Like 1