**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

No need I just finished it up....Thanks all the same.

One more request.

Offensive Lineman

Pos. RANK NAME TEAM
OC 18 Max Unger NO
OC - Kyle Friend CLE
OC - Marcus Henry SEA
OG - David Bright CLE
OG - Oni Omoile DAL
OG - J.J. Dielman NO
OG - Isaiah Williams NO
OG - Kaleb Johnson PHI
OG - Roubbens Joseph WAS
OG - Dejon Allen CHI
OG - Will House ARI
OT - Andreas Knappe DEN
OT - Jylan Ware NYG
OT - Jamar McGloster OAK
OT - Darius James WAS
OT - Isaiah Battle CAR
OT - Kyle Murphy LA
OT - Zachary Crabtree LAC

Thanks.

Edited by ny92mike

On 7/11/2019 at 7:12 PM, ny92mike said:

Alright guys I need you to verify if you guys are still with me on this project.

@bcb1213

@cortes02

@Counselor

@D82

@Deadpulse

@EaglesPeteC

@mike23md

@SirA1

@squire12

@winitall

@wwhickok

@DTMW78

@samsel23 (Assuming you are looking to manage KC, right?)

We're still looking for one more member providing that the names above are still with us.

This is our latest list of members so if you know someone or would be willing to take a second team or if I failed to name someone above let me know asap...thanks.

TEAM Team Team Name Owner
ClevelandBrowns CLE Cleveland Spiders cortes02
DallasCowboys DAL Dallas Cowboys D82
DenverBroncos DEN Denver Broncos Counselor
DetroitLions DET Detroit Lions winitall
GreenBayPackers GB Green Bay Packers squire12
KansasCityChiefs KC Kansas City Chiefs samsel23
MinnesotaVikings MIN Minnesota Vikings Deadpulse
NewEnglandPatriots NE New England Patriots Deadpulse
NewOrleansSaints NO New Orleans Saints SirA1
NewYorkJets NYJ New York Jets bcb1213
NewYorkGiants NYG New York MadHatters ny92mike
PhiladelphiaEagles PHI Philadelphia Eagles EaglesPeteC
SanFrancisco49ers SF San Francisco 49ers DTMW78
PittsburghSteelers PIT Steel City Renegades wwhickok
WashingtonRedskins WAS Washington Redskins mike23md
OaklandRaiders OAK    
AtlantaFalcons ATL    
BaltimoreRavens BAL    
ArizonaCardinals ARI    
BuffaloBills BUF    
CarolinaPanthers CAR    
ChicagoBears CHI    
CincinnatiBengals CIN    
HoustonTexans HOU    
IndianapolisColts IND    
JacksonvilleJaguars JAC    
LosAngelesChargers LAC    
LosAngelesRams LA    
MiamiDolphins MIA    
SeattleSeahawks SEA    
TampaBayBuccaneers TB    
TennesseeTitans TEN    

Aye Captain

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cortes02 said:

@ny92mike

Do you have a link to the website you use for the depth charts? 

Peace!!!

Right now I don't have a depth chart process set up, if you're talking about the sim side of things.  The process right now is it's just calculating the sum of the individual stats to create the team stats, which leaves off the players with minimal stats.

Remember this sim is mainly to test the salary cap figures and to see if the process works well for the real deal come sept. I'll be adding more detail to the sim side of things at a later date, so right now the sim is pretty basic, but it should give us a good idea of who it'll work.

Alright guys I'm looking for some input on this SIM.

On offensive "sliders" this is pretty simple, you have the option to select a percentage on the number of passing attempts.  50% is 556 pass attempts,  413 rush attempts and 361 receptions.

This information is based on the forecast formula from the 2018 total pass attempts from the team stats.  

Defensive sliders are a bit more tricky because there isn't an attempt number to adjust.  What I've started doing with that is I've grouped the players into four positions.  

Secondary = Corners, defensive backs and safeties.

OLB/LB = 34ILB, 43OLB and 43ILB

INT D = 34DE, 34DT, 43DT

Edge D = 34OLB and 43DE

Ran correlation formulas to determine which stats where more important for those groups to create the grounds for grading these groups.  

On your end you'll have the option to use a percentage "slider" for all four but without exceeding a max total value.

For example, 100% is the total value of all four groups.  With everything equal 25% would be the max value for each group....make sense?

So if you have a strong interior you might want to trim it up a bit more to improve your secondary or if you have a great edge rush you might want to beef it up a bit more and trim back on the linebackers.

For now this is what I've got, I'm hoping to get a ton of feedback on this as we move forward.  As noted this is a work in progress.

If you guys have any other potential solutions are additions that we can add let me know, may not have the time to do it this run but will certainly entertain any suggestion. 

Give this workbook a look over for any issues you might find.  I pulled the rosters for this project several weeks back and it would be a nightmare to do it again, but I'm willing to make some changes for recent signings if the data is available in OTC for the contract but please not for minor players that you're likely not to even use on your roster.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i7-Zj2IKx5Q9OU1XUG3_8_ay_srpc8xwIsXV1RWhMpk/edit?usp=sharing

I've got just about as much as I can get done.

I'll be sending you guys out private workbooks on Sunday so be looking for those.  These will allow you to "release or trade block" players on your roster.  They will also allow you to set up game plan offense and defense sliders should we decide to play it out to see how this will work.  It'd be great if we did because it would give me a good idea what things I need to change for the real deal.

This is new for all of us so expect things to come up.  I know a lot of you guys are enjoying your summer so I appreciate you all taking the time to help me out with this project.  Let's make it fun.

@bcb1213

@cortes02

@Counselor

@Deadpulse

@EaglesPeteC

@mike23md

@SirA1

@squire12

@winitall

@wwhickok

@DTMW78

@samsel23

So I'm working on getting the private workbooks out today, but was hoping to see if I couldn't get someone else to give them a look over.  Just to make sure things are right and work like they should.  Catching anything now would save me time later.

I'm also torn on if I should make the standings visible, so that you can see what the effects would be when you change the game plan sliders, as well as when adding players to the roster.  I'm only looking to do this for this test run, just so it's completely transparent.  The real one we run at a later date will be calculated a little different anyway.

So if there is someone around that would be able to look this stuff over within the next few hours it would be much appreciated.

Thanks