**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

So the way I've got this set up, it's basically automated.  I really need to learn vba coding because there is so much more I could do with this if I did know it, but the way it's set up right now is that once the position is selected in the workbook, the players will automatically get added to your team roster and the contract and salary will get added to the team page.

I've got two more sheets I'm wanting to add which is a trade block and the FA, for players you release.  

I haven't heard any comments about what I was suggestions by using email addresses to allow you guys to edit your own team page by being able to release or add to the trade block.  If it's a privacy matter, let me know.  Just trying to set this up so that you guys have a little more control within the workbook, rather than just view only.

To add:

I've set this workbook up so that you can see exactly what I mean by giving the entire workbook editing rights to just the one column F, to Release or Trade Block the players in your roster, once you show release, the cap and roster limit will change.  It won't physically remove them (where coding would come into play) but it does remove them from the cap and roster information so you can figure out exactly the available cap without using your toes or your buddies toes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i7-Zj2IKx5Q9OU1XUG3_8_ay_srpc8xwIsXV1RWhMpk/edit?usp=sharing

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If we cant find anyone else, i will Carolina during this trial period and we can work on getting more GMs for the real thing when the time comes.

I don't think we'll have any issues getting guys for this in the future, just this isn't a great time to recruit guys right now.  So I'm thankful for the ones that have joined.

I'm sure between the group we have right now that we can find 3 to manage two teams.

Actually just need one person to take a second team really, but I'll hold off til Sat. to do this.

@BringinDaPain might be interested in taking the Panthers, if not we may have you take them as a second team.

On 6/19/2019 at 1:30 AM, ny92mike said:

Alright guys, the purpose of this mock draft is so that we can test out the draft process for a keeper league we're looking to run.  We're looking for 16 members to participate in this.

For this event, it's first come first serve in terms of the nfl team you select, with a draft order based on the 3 year average league standings.  

How it works

Rather than selecting individual players or rookies, you'll be selecting one of the non-owned team's position's group to add to your current roster.  You're only allowed to draft the position group once to prevent hoarding.  One of the reasons we are trying to get this tested is to figure out a league salary cap number that allows for the additional talent by drafting these additional players.

Obviously our rosters are going to be stacked because as is each team is loaded with roughly a 90 man roster and with adding close to another 90, we're going to be making several player cuts to get to a max roster limit of 75 (min 53).  However, when that time comes I'll have it set up so you can just use a check box or a drop down to remove them from the calculations.

A few rules for this process

So you can't release any rookies from last years draft class.  Most should be marked by having 0 exp. 

You can release non rookies you don't wish to keep without cap penalty but hold of on releasing anyone until notified.

You can swap/ trade non rookie players (player for player only) which the contract signing bonus is accelerated to the current year, calculated as dead money.  While the base salary and contract length is sent with the player to the new team.

Should we all still be in this after the cut, I'd be happy to extend this out to the FA bidding for all the released players if you owners want to continue to load up your roster.

When you sign up, I need the nfl team you are selecting and the new team name.  For example, NYG = MadHatters.  Feel free to keep the name the same as irl if you like.

@Counselor

@EaglesPeteC

@wwhickok

I'm assuming you guys are taking your fan favorite teams but if not let me know, either way hit me with a team name.

I'm tagging the following names but anyone is invited to this, we just need 16 owners though.

@DingoLadd @bcb1213 @squire12 @RTTRUTH

@Forge @BowserBroncos @jch1911 @samsel23 @winitall @Dome @Trojan @Deadpulse @jrry32 @mike23md @CHOMP_CHOMP 

TEAM Team Team Name Owner
NewYorkJets NYJ Jets bcb1213
DenverBroncos DEN Broncos Counselor
NewEnglandPatriots NE   Deadpulse
PhiladelphiaEagles PHI Eagles EaglesPeteC
NewYorkGiants NYG MadHatters ny92mike
NewOrleansSaints NO Saints SirA1
GreenBayPackers GB Green Bay squire12
OaklandRaiders OAK Silver State Raiders Trojan
DetroitLions DET Lions winitall
PittsburghSteelers PIT Steel City Renegades wwhickok
ArizonaCardinals ARI    
AtlantaFalcons ATL    
BaltimoreRavens BAL    
BuffaloBills BUF    
CarolinaPanthers CAR    
ChicagoBears CHI    
CincinnatiBengals CIN    
ClevelandBrowns CLE    
DallasCowboys DAL    
HoustonTexans HOU    
IndianapolisColts IND    
JacksonvilleJaguars JAC    
KansasCityChiefs KC    
LosAngelesChargers LAC    
LosAngelesRams LA    
MiamiDolphins MIA    
MinnesotaVikings MIN    
SanFrancisco49ers SF    
SeattleSeahawks SEA    
TampaBayBuccaneers TB    
TennesseeTitans TEN    
WashingtonRedskins WAS    

This is the workbook I'll be using to manage this mock.  It's not finished obviously but it gives you a solid look at how the position draft board lays out the position groups.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i7-Zj2IKx5Q9OU1XUG3_8_ay_srpc8xwIsXV1RWhMpk/edit?usp=sharing

Ill be all in on the Redskins