**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

43 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@samsel23  I haven't looked at your roster but I don't know how you are under the cap.  I know your quarterback is on the cheap and thats a huge help but still...Not sure how you did it.  lol

Most the guys I drafted were still on rookie contracts,  I would guess I have the lowest amount of 1 year deals also.   Not really thinking it helped improve my team a great deal compared to others though.

4 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Most the guys I drafted were still on rookie contracts,  I would guess I have the lowest amount of 1 year deals also.   Not really thinking it helped improve my team a great deal compared to others though.

Using my team as an example.  I'm at a 90 man roster and I really don't see any relief until I set the league cap to a little over 260 million.  Almost double what the league cap is currently at, which I knew that we'd need to kick it up because these teams are stacked with talent.  

I guess I need to also look at what these rosters would look like after this year too.  Several of my players are on one year deals so my cap will open up after this year.  Eli Manning's departure is going to save me nearly 23 million but I doubt that I'd want to trust the next year with a rookie.  

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

If you haven't started yet, you need to start working toward a 90 man roster, it's important that you do this asap, so that we can get a clear picture of where we need to settle on the league cap.

Thanks.

working on it.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Using my team as an example.  I'm at a 90 man roster and I really don't see any relief until I set the league cap to a little over 260 million.  Almost double what the league cap is currently at, which I knew that we'd need to kick it up because these teams are stacked with talent.  

I guess I need to also look at what these rosters would look like after this year too.  Several of my players are on one year deals so my cap will open up after this year.  Eli Manning's departure is going to save me nearly 23 million but I doubt that I'd want to trust the next year with a rookie.  

Teams are drafting the full set of positions from the other 16 teams.  That is effectively doubling the salary expenditures.  The vast majority of the cuts are players that are on vet min or UDFA type contracts.    Right now, I have selected 78 players to release and that accounts for $81-82 Millions.  

I think a 150% cap is going to be needed with a 16 team league.  Something in the range of $270M is what I would anticipate.  Much less than that and trading for players is going to be harder IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Teams are drafting the full set of positions from the other 16 teams.  That is effectively doubling the salary expenditures.  The vast majority of the cuts are players that are on vet min or UDFA type contracts.    Right now, I have selected 78 players to release and that accounts for $81-82 Millions.  

I think a 150% cap is going to be needed with a 16 team league.  Something in the range of $270M is what I would anticipate.  Much less than that and trading for players is going to be harder IMO

I've been bouncing between the 240 to 280 range since the start, but was hoping to land closer to the 250 - 260 range.   At 140%, based on your cuts you're +28 million, going higher would afford you an available cap of over 66 million and this is a roster that isn't looking at the cuts you are currently making.

At 140%, my roster is a tad over  9 million this year, but affords me a cap of over  65 million with a total of 63 players.  There is the need to reserve a little bit of cap for dead money which this system doesn't account for.  

A team like KC at the 140% is currently carrying an available cap of 63 million and 82 million the following year.  Pushing the % higher than that the following year cap is over 101 million.

I think 270 is a little high but I'm willing to go with the majority on this.

7 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I've been bouncing between the 240 to 280 range since the start, but was hoping to land closer to the 250 - 260 range.   At 140%, based on your cuts you're +28 million, going higher would afford you an available cap of over 66 million and this is a roster that isn't looking at the cuts you are currently making.

At 140%, my roster is a tad over  9 million this year, but affords me a cap of over  65 million with a total of 63 players.  There is the need to reserve a little bit of cap for dead money which this system doesn't account for.  

A team like KC at the 140% is currently carrying an available cap of 63 million and 82 million the following year.  Pushing the % higher than that the following year cap is over 101 million.

I think 270 is a little high but I'm willing to go with the majority on this.

Sure, KC is in the unique situation with a rookie salary QB ----that is also going to be an elite player in the simulation.  They are going to be the outlier in the cap expenditure + simulation.  Using them as a baseline is going to the lowest common denominator and just sets the rest of the league up to fail IMO.  

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Sure, KC is in the unique situation with a rookie salary QB ----that is also going to be an elite player in the simulation.  They are going to be the outlier in the cap expenditure + simulation.  Using them as a baseline is going to the lowest common denominator and just sets the rest of the league up to fail IMO.  

I'm not using them as a base line. 

So how did I do?  How is my cap situation looking like now?

@squire12

I'm showing you with a cap of +28 million on a 91 man roster (probably missed one, that was a big list of names..haha).

This is with a league cap of 263,480,000.

You're currently ranked 3rd with the top 51.

It's why I think over that is too much.  This first year and this is just my opinion, but this first year caps should be tight because we've just drafted some serious talent.  However, the following year the cap is going to open up.  I'm still working on a easier process to view this data.  Should have it tonight/tomorrow.

The 270 million you suggested would provide you an available cap of +38 million.

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@squire12

I'm showing you with a cap of +28 million on a 91 man roster (probably missed one, that was a big list of names..haha).

This is with a league cap of 263,480,000.

You're currently ranked 3rd with the top 51.

It's why I think over that is too much.  This first year and this is just my opinion, but this first year caps should be tight because we've just drafted some serious talent.  However, the following year the cap is going to open up.  I'm still working on a easier process to view this data.  Should have it tonight/tomorrow.

The 270 million you suggested would provide you an available cap of +38 million.

Yeah.   That is what it was looking like.  No problem if there was someone missed.  

I do have an OT group to select yet I think, so that likely takes up some of the remaining cap space.   I also let go of a few higher priced FA (Mike Daniels and Jimmy Graham), but with adding full position groups from other teams, that should be the typical move to shed some contracts that can be replaced with cheaper + equal players OR Better + similar salaried players.