**TCMD** - Keeper Discussion Thread

ny92mike

Just now, squire12 said:

Yeah.   That is what it was looking like.  No problem if there was someone missed.  

I do have an OT group to select yet I think, so that likely takes up some of the remaining cap space.   I also let go of a few higher priced FA (Mike Daniels and Jimmy Graham), but with adding full position groups from other teams, that should be the typical move to shed some contracts that can be replaced with cheaper + equal players OR Better + similar salaried players.

Oh I agree.  Several players are simply overpaid and having the ability to cut them for free now makes sense.  Like you said, can be replaced or even sought out at a cheaper price in the FA.

6 hours ago, ny92mike said:

How many of you focused on the cap when making your picks?  I know I said not to worry about being over, but just curious because the difference between the team that spent the most and the least is over 100 million.

Honestly. I didn't at all, I went in with a 'I'll cross that bridge when i get to it attitude lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ny92mike said:

How many of you focused on the cap when making your picks?  I know I said not to worry about being over, but just curious because the difference between the team that spent the most and the least is over 100 million.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Honestly. I didn't at all, I went in with a 'I'll cross that bridge when i get to it attitude lol

I would say I used it as a tie breaking element.  More often it did not factor in, but a few times I went with the cheaper position group for cap reasons.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I did at first then found out test run so Lololol didn't care 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I did seek out some lower priced options. 

I'll also make all of my final,cuts late Friday night whe  I get back from vacation and can look at the sheet more easily.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Ill start making cuts tonight

Cool...your teams spent the most and have the highest signing bonus amounts which play a huge role in the top 51 rule so I'm interested in how it ends up (edit) and which players you end up releasing.

The cap is currently set at around 264 million.  Roughly 140% of the irl cap.

Edited by ny92mike

16 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I figured cap was a problem for future me.....lol 

• Like 1

I did very little looking at the cap either.  Was just seeing if its something we should keep a better eye on down the road.

As far as the process goes are we good with this positional draft?  

Anything I can change to make it work better?  I'm going to make cutting players a little easier at least for me...lol.

My idea is basically to set it up like the trade block thread where I can use formulas to release players on the main workbook.

Hoping to get more cuts in today.  So please get those in asap.

Thanks

20 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

What are your thoughts on having the cap at or around the 260 million range?  Too high too low.

I'm gonna post information about what the cap would look like for each team tonight to give us the full picture.

Idk, I think it could be alright. It would force some teams to make serious financial decisions I'm sure.