2020 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Other draft rumors that have come out over the last few days

• Teams are high on Aleksej Pokusevski and he's expected to be picked pretty early. 

• Kira Lewis is rising up boards and will likely be a lottery pick.

• Payton Pritchard apparently has a 1st round promise from a team. 

• Killian Hayes is one of the most highly regarded prospects amongst Analytics departments for teams. 

• Washington is all in on Okongwu at #9 if he's there, if not they want to trade the pick.

• The Lakers love Tyrell Terry. 

• Aaron Nesmith is a late lottery lock and could go as high as #10 to Phoenix.

• Patrick Williams is rising up boards and could be a top 10 pick, apparently he's in play for Detroit at #7. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 8:41 PM, champ11 said:

my top guys are Tillman/Poku/Bane/Maxey/Woodard for guys who will likely be at 22. I really like a lot of guys in the 10-40 range 

Honestly, Precious would be terrifying next to Jokic if he develops well enough. 

On 10/31/2020 at 4:21 AM, NYRaider said:

I don't doubt that he's bombing interviews, he doesn't seem to be the brightest kid or most self aware. But there are also a ton of smoke screens that leak before the draft. The report came from a reporter that covers the Hornets, could be something that they're leaking so another team doesn't try to jump ahead of them to take him. Lavar Ball has also publicly said that he prefers LaMelo ends up in New York or Detroit. So it wouldn't surprise me if he leaked that info hoping he'd fall to one of those teams or if he advised LaMelo to go above and beyond when bombing interviews with teams picking in the top 6. 

LaMelo is such a huge wild card for me in terms of where I think he'll be drafted. I really don't think teams are as high on him as the media is because his game doesn't really translate that well to the NBA level. But I could also see a poorly run franchise like the Timberwolves or Hornets taking him top 3 because they buy into the hype and want to create some buzz around their team. Neither of those teams gets much coverage at the national level but drafting LaMelo would change that immediately as he'll without a doubt be the most popular rookie in the league and his success/failure will be a major talking point in sports media throughout the season just like it was with Lonzo. 

I truly hope he doesn't make it to the Pistons, or if he does that they pass on him.  I want nothing to do with Ball.  That interview was bad, and although he wasn't putting the hard questions on him, Ball wouldn't respond.  He sounded ignorant, and it wouldn't shock me since he is technically a high school drop out betting on hoops to be his money maker, which likely will work out at least for a first contract.  If he didn't lead him in that interview, there would have been dead air for half of it.  

I'm warming up to Tyler Bey. Saddiq is still the better Bey in the class but Tyler could be the Brandon Clarke of this class. Ton of bounce and would prove to be really valuable if he can get his 3pt shot down. I'm actually kinda hoping we keep the pick and gamble on someone. Don't think the trade avenue is going to amount to much for us.

Edited by beekay414

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I'm warming up to Tyler Bey. Saddiq is still the better Bey in the class but Tyler could be the Brandon Clarke of this class. Ton of bounce and would prove to be really valuable if he can get his 3pt shot down. I'm actually kinda hoping we keep the pick and gamble on someone. Don't think the trade avenue is going to amount to much for us.

Bey would be an excellent pick for you guys. I wouldn't mind us taking him at #23 either. 

On 11/2/2020 at 12:47 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I truly hope he doesn't make it to the Pistons, or if he does that they pass on him.  I want nothing to do with Ball.  That interview was bad, and although he wasn't putting the hard questions on him, Ball wouldn't respond.  He sounded ignorant, and it wouldn't shock me since he is technically a high school drop out betting on hoops to be his money maker, which likely will work out at least for a first contract.  If he didn't lead him in that interview, there would have been dead air for half of it.  

If Ball is on the board I think he's the pick for you guys tbh. 

On 11/2/2020 at 3:47 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30263021/detroit-pistons-intrigued-lamelo-ball-moving-draft

just for you

14 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Its tough being a fan of bad teams, but its even tougher when bad teams have players you really don't like, and thats where I am with the Pistons.  I like Sekou, I don't really care about anyone else on that roster and if they add Ball it will make me even less interested.  

31 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Its tough being a fan of bad teams, but its even tougher when bad teams have players you really don't like, and thats where I am with the Pistons.  I like Sekou, I don't really care about anyone else on that roster and if they add Ball it will make me even less interested.  

You don't like Kennard?! I think he could develop into an 18/5Ast/4 Reb 2 while splitting 45/40/90? The Knicks will give you Kevin Knox and #38 if that's the case lol