~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Miz and Cass would be a big combo. You might be right on that because we just saw Cass  take out DB and we know a DB & Miz feud is about to start, so it would be a likely alliance

In fairness, that could just be Vince wanting to push the "big guy" and thrust Ginger Test right into prominence.  I mean, people ought to brace themselves now, earned or not, once Roman/Joe wraps up we're going to be getting Roman/Corbin.

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

In fairness, that could just be Vince wanting to push the "big guy" and thrust Ginger Test right into prominence.  I mean, people ought to brace themselves now, earned or not, once Roman/Joe wraps up we're going to be getting Roman/Corbin.

I like Corbin and would like to see more of him. I just wish they would stop forcing Roman as the headliner. Getting really tired of him

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I like Corbin and would like to see more of him. I just wish they would stop forcing Roman as the headliner. Getting really tired of him

They really need to turn him heel or else i feel they'll say the same thing they say about Cena, the love him or hate him nobody gets the crowd riled up like Roman. 

8 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I like Reigns, I don't like the constant headlining he does, but as a talent, I think he's rather good 

As a talent? Still below avg on the mic and has two moves. The spear and douchey superman punch

57 minutes ago, buno67 said:

As a talent? Still below avg on the mic and has two moves. The spear and douchey superman punch

Untrue. And he sells well, has a good grasp on match psychology and continuously puts out good promos, he's by no means below average on the mic. it's wwe, even aj styles uses the same moves 1000 times. 

I just watched the Ciampa/Gargano match.

I don't think I'm being hyperbolic when I say this: I don't think there's ever been a better wrestling match. Sure, maybe some that have been just as good, but better? I don't think so. How many WWE wrestlers would be willing to do half of this? They held nothing and I knew they were going to beat the hell out of each other and I cringed at most of the match but jesus god. The build was great, it was nearly a year in the making. The ending was terrific. It lost flow at times but they were probably both entirely concussed so I don't blame them. Obviously not every match has nearly half this type of intensity but I refuse to believe they aren't super human after that. 

Gargano usually beats the hell out of himself in matches but it isn't usually matched by the opponent. 

Ciampa also coming out lookin like a real psycho killer. That man spend his entire rehab working out his upper body??

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

I don't think I'm being hyperbolic when I say this: I don't think there's ever been a better wrestling match. Sure, maybe some that have been just as good, but better? I don't think so. How many WWE wrestlers would be willing to do half of this? They held nothing and I knew they were going to beat the hell out of each other and I cringed at most of the match but jesus god. The build was great, it was nearly a year in the making. The ending was terrific. It lost flow at times but they were probably both entirely concussed so I don't blame them. Obviously not every match has nearly half this type of intensity but I refuse to believe they aren't super human after that. 

Gargano usually beats the hell out of himself in matches but it isn't usually matched by the opponent. 

Ciampa also coming out lookin like a real psycho killer. That man spend his entire rehab working out his upper body??

I feel bad you had to wait this long to see it. Yes it was an awesome match. But still doesn't beat Taker/Shawn WM25 for me personally.

8 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Untrue. And he sells well, has a good grasp on match psychology and continuously puts out good promos, he's by no means below average on the mic. it's wwe, even aj styles uses the same moves 1000 times. 

continuously puts out good promos? The only good promos he has put out has been the promos when he has called out Lesnar for not being an everyday wrestler. Even then, they still arent that great. Hell, you can tell just from the past couple of weeks that he is below avg on the mic. Go re-watch when he is trying to call out Lesnar and  samoa joe comes out. You can just see the differences in mic skills.

Yeah styles might use the same moves 1000 times, but its more than at least three moves. If you go back to Reigns when he wasnt being forced down our throats as the face of WWE, he actually had decent set of moves when he was the shield and what not. Now now, its really just the spear, the douchey superman punch, and you could throw in the  Samoan drop.  His ring work is solid, but kinda bland. I think he needs to spice it up a bit. Instead of doing the same move for the sixth time in the match.

14 hours ago, buno67 said:

Salt.  Sorry, but your take is bad.  He's overexposed, sure.  But he's not average on the mic; he's overproduced on the mic - and the scripts he's given are terrible.  He also has more than 2 moves - it's not a bunch, but he's supposed to be a brawler, not a technician.  Bad News Brown was a legitimate judoka badass but his moveset consisted almost entirely of punches, kicks, a fist drop, and the enziguiri (Ghetto Blaster).  His limited move set makes sense for his character.  How many suplex variations you remember Austin throwing once he got the Stone Cold gimmick over?

9 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I actually think Cornette had some good nitpicks on this match.  Doesn't mean it's not a great match, but it's not entirely criticism free.

This did feel like a 3 or 4 match series all crammed into 1 match (but then the expectation has been set these days that main event portions of the card have to feature half-hour long matches or somehow they're lesser matches and "the fans are being robbed").  I point this out mostly because there are stretches where it felt like they were selling just to sell and extend the length of the match (that could have been, like you pointed out, them both possibly being concussed, but they were doing this early too) and also because Johnny (legit, I didn't notice it until Corny pointed it out) has two faces: Serious Johnny and Concussed Johnny.  You can honestly say the same thing about Bret Hart for the most part, but it's something he should work on - the bit toward the end where Ciampa was begging off and Johnny was having a moment of conscience about hitting him in the knee with the crutch and Johnny's expression is blank.

And the blocking of the match was off - and this one I really think Corny hit home on, but it's something that's easy to overlook if you're watching it on TV/Network: When they went outside the ring they spent a vast majority of the time on one side of the outside/crowd which for a live crowd (who paid God knows what to see that show live and ended up watching on the tron) is just poorly done because you've got one section of the crowd getting everything and another two-thirds not able to see what the heck is going on.  Could have been an easy fix in just breaking it up a bit, allow for a mini babyface-comeback where Johnny throws Ciampa back into the ring only for Tommaso to catch him coming in and throw him back outside, just on the opposite side of the ring.  That sort of stuff.

35 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Have u seen Okada v Omega? All 3 matches?

I have! Absolute classics. Everyone of them. When I met Kenny this year, I told him that the moonsault over the railing was one of the coolest things Ive seen.

Cant even rank them, all three matches are classics.

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

I have! Absolute classics. Everyone of them. When I met Kenny this year, I told him that the moonsault over the railing was one of the coolest things Ive seen.

Cant even rank them, all three matches are classics.

Indeed they are. Awesome that u got to meet him. In my opinion the 2nd match was better. But cant go wrong with either of the 3

Archived